Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2013, 08:59 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,783,323 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
I'm an environmentalist. I don't like pollution. But the AGW hoax diverts resources to a non existent issue. The AGW lemmings are actually anti environmentalists.
Welcome to the world of designer disasters. The rich leading the poor to slaughter, at the cost of wisdom and viable issues. It's all about the money for the wealthy (how much they can scam), and the level of psychosis they can impart on their prey.

psy·cho·sis
A severe mental disorder in which thought and emotions are so impaired that contact is lost with external reality.

AGW Psychosis is a disease, and should be treated just as alcoholism and drug abuse are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
I haven't made any arguments regarding AGW. Calm down and stop reading into my posts something that isn't there.
Wow... unbelievable! I guess inference doesn't count. Arguing against something, generally means you are supporting the opposite view.

Last edited by steven_h; 08-14-2013 at 09:08 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2013, 10:34 PM

4,242 posts, read 8,772,004 times
9th thread.

Do you get paid per hour?

Old 08-15-2013, 05:09 AM

57,227 posts, read 26,172,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlenextyear View Post
9th thread.

Must be national global warming denier week.

Old 08-15-2013, 05:12 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,539,703 times
Leftists sure are a-skeerd of discussion of most subjects.

Quote:
These folks make up data like my mother used to make Christmas cookies. That's why Al (man-bear-pig) Gore has been MIA for a long time. I'm sure he doesn't give a rats a$$ though. He made his millions off the moonbats and looney environmental wackos.
Gore is a billionaire off this scam. He defines the term 'grifter'.

The whole scam is nothing but a welfare program for environmentalists and academics. It enriched them beyond their wildest dreams.

Old 08-15-2013, 05:30 AM

13,053 posts, read 12,946,110 times
Quote:
Scientists riding the global warming bandwagon have puzzled for nearly a decade over why the increases of global surface temperature, which were the highest they’d ever been in the 1980s and 90s, slowed down to basically nothing in the 21st century. This slowdown actually prompted a change of nomenclature from “global warming” to “climate change” (which could conveniently mean basically anything). Well, a crack team of scientists finally has an answer for why global temperatures haven’t been increasing in recent years: the deep ocean has acted as a heat sink sucking up all the extra heat energy. Let’s hear the theory from their own mouths: Observations of ocean heat content and of sea-level rise suggest that the additional heat from the continued rise in atmospheric carbon dioxide concentrations has been absorbed in the ocean and has not been manifest as a rise in surface temperature.

Okay. Just one question. Was the ocean not there in the 80s and 90s, or am I missing something? Wouldn’t it have acted as a heat sink then as well? They apparently have an answer for that as well: deep ocean temperatures have continued to increase in the last ten or so years, even though surface temperatures have remained fairly steady. But no word on why they weren’t sucking up all the surface heat in the 80s and 90s? I don’t get it. Why is an increase in deep ocean heat correlative to a hiatus of surface temperature increases?

Read more: Global Warming
Thing is, they can't find this heat in the deep ocean to account for their hypothesis.

Old 08-15-2013, 05:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Must be national global warming denier week.
Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlenextyear View Post
9th thread.

Funny, considering that those both are talking point rebuttals for activists.

1. Call them a denier, creating a nifty euphemism to suggest they are objecting to science while at the same time labeling them as a Nazi sympathizer.

2. Imply they are being "paid" by the oil companies, so naturally everything they say is a lie designed to benefit their position.

Personally, If I were to bet, I would say you guys are projecting.

Old 08-15-2013, 06:00 AM

24,388 posts, read 23,044,056 times
They're still hyping it only nobody's listening anymore. Fads tend to come and go and other more pressing issues crop up and deserve attention. Fracking, GMO, the economy, immigration, gun control run amok, federal government abuse and spying and overall incompetence.. Then you have diversionary issues that really don't impact anybody but get a lot of press. Gay marriage, racism, food and obesity.
Personally I think global warming jumped the shark when they predicted massive hurricanes and then hurricanes quited down. They just don't have a consensus and lack the scientific proof so its still up for debate.

Old 08-15-2013, 06:16 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,342,360 times
Quote:
Scientists riding the global warming bandwagon have puzzled for nearly a decade over why the increases of global surface temperature, which were the highest they’d ever been in the 1980s and 90s, slowed down to basically nothing in the 21st century. This slowdown actually prompted a change of nomenclature from “global warming” to “climate change” (which could conveniently mean basically anything). Well, a crack team of scientists finally has an answer for why global temperatures haven’t been increasing in recent years: the deep ocean has acted as a heat sink sucking up all the extra heat energy. Let’s hear the theory from their own mouths: Observations of ocean heat content and of sea-level rise suggest that the additional heat from the continued rise in atmospheric carbon dioxide concentrations has been absorbed in the ocean and has not been manifest as a rise in surface temperature.

Okay. Just one question. Was the ocean not there in the 80s and 90s, or am I missing something? Wouldn’t it have acted as a heat sink then as well? They apparently have an answer for that as well: deep ocean temperatures have continued to increase in the last ten or so years, even though surface temperatures have remained fairly steady. But no word on why they weren’t sucking up all the surface heat in the 80s and 90s? I don’t get it. Why is an increase in deep ocean heat correlative to a hiatus of surface temperature increases?

Read more: Global Warming

If we could only put the rest of the leftist insanity on pause with it what a wonderful world it would be.

Old 08-15-2013, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
They're still hyping it only nobody's listening anymore. Fads tend to come and go and other more pressing issues crop up and deserve attention. Fracking, GMO, the economy, immigration, gun control run amok, federal government abuse and spying and overall incompetence.. Then you have diversionary issues that really don't impact anybody but get a lot of press. Gay marriage, racism, food and obesity.
Personally I think global warming jumped the shark when they predicted massive hurricanes and then hurricanes quited down. They just don't have a consensus and lack the scientific proof so its still up for debate.
Or when they predicted accelerating arctic ice loss to ice free.
Or when they predicted increased tornadic events.
Or when they predicted accelerating sea level rise.
Or when they predicted millions of refugees due to climate change.
Or when they predicted increases in devastating weather events over norm.
Or when they predicted snow would be a thing of the past.
Or when they predicted that polar bears would be extinct.
etc... etc... etc...

They did a lot of predicting... though forgot about the observational occurrence part.

Old 01-06-2014, 05:06 PM

5,960 posts, read 5,544,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
I think it is obvious from the current weather that the planet is cooling NOT warming!!

Coldest weather in several DECADES!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies