Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2007, 07:52 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,570,693 times

Advertisements

The pay to be an American Soldier must be pretty good and beat anything in his or her home town to go to the opposite side of the world to have life subject to danger. I don't see how young guys with pregnant wives do it, unless that pay is pretty good, compared to other jobs in their home towns.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2007, 07:56 PM

7,381 posts, read 7,679,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
The pay to be an American Soldier must be pretty good and beat anything in his or her home town to go to the opposite side of the world to have life subject to danger. I don't see how young guys with pregnant wives do it, unless that pay is pretty good, compared to other jobs in their home towns.
Some do it for the pay. Some do it for the education. Some do it for the security of a monthly paycheck. Some do it for honor and country.

Old 11-13-2007, 07:56 PM

261 posts, read 953,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
To me support our troops means ralleying behind them even when you don't agree with the war. Supporting troops has nothing and I repeat nothing to do with politics..
WWII about 3/4 of the way through it there was a strong antiwar movement that was pressuring the whitehouse to find a way out of it. I think most of are glad we saw through to the end.
I don't agree with the war in Iraq. I don't agree with Nation building.
I don't agree with sending our troops into harms way when the conflict is none of our business. ie Kosovo, Somalia, the sudan etc.
But our troops are our business. They are our sons and daughters, our brothers and sisters. We allow the media to trash them. We have elected officials who slander them. If you want to support our troops vote against whomever is currently in office. It is they who have failed us, not our troops.
Our elected officials excel at finger pointing, name calling and excuse finding.
Not JUST GWB but all of them.
Nicely said! I am a Air Force Veteran (served through May 2007). I was not sent overseas, but I sure do wish that Bush would stop sending our sons, daughters, husbands and wives over there. Supporting our troops is not supposed to be political. Support them by sending them supplies the Military cant send, give them emotional support, then give them monetary support when they come home. Military personnel are not paid much at all. I made under $25,000 while I was in for 8 years. That is less than minimum wage!

Support our troops, vote out the B*****ds that put them in harms way and bring them home!

Old 11-15-2007, 01:24 PM

558 posts, read 1,319,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aomething View Post
Nicely said! I am a Air Force Veteran (served through May 2007). I was not sent overseas, but I sure do wish that Bush would stop sending our sons, daughters, husbands and wives over there. Supporting our troops is not supposed to be political. Support them by sending them supplies the Military cant send, give them emotional support, then give them monetary support when they come home. Military personnel are not paid much at all. I made under $25,000 while I was in for 8 years. That is less than minimum wage!

Support our troops, vote out the B*****ds that put them in harms way and bring them home!
I agree 100%

Old 11-15-2007, 03:41 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,887,946 times
who would you put in?

Old 11-15-2007, 05:28 PM

5,408 posts, read 7,785,244 times
The military are supporting Ron Paul and Barrack Obama, the two candidates that are strongest in their position to end the war.

Old 11-15-2007, 09:29 PM

4,049 posts, read 2,735,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aomething View Post

A rep point for you
Thank you, well said!

Old 11-15-2007, 11:11 PM

36,644 posts, read 67,332,308 times
Support our troops-Bring them home where they belong!

Old 11-15-2007, 11:17 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,184,820 times
Support our troops.
1. Give them the equipment they need to survive
2. Bring them home in an orderly manner, so that those waiting to come home are not placed in a bad position.
3. Vote against politicians who would slander them
4. When they come home give veterans preferance when hiring.
5. Honot their sacrifices...

Old 11-15-2007, 11:29 PM

61,289 posts, read 87,260,493 times
its a red herring. i respect and appreciate our fighting men. this war is not doing or concern they are just obeying orders. but our politicians are helping DOD get rich.
its needs to stop. george bush is running up a very big dinner tab. when the waiter and owner come over after the party to collect i dont think he is going to get out his wallet.
how bout you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies