Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2013, 06:37 PM

26,563 posts, read 14,439,886 times

Advertisements

“You won't find me questioning [Ted Cruz's] eligibility. I decided a long time ago I wasn't going to be a birther for Democrats. I'm not a birther for Republicans. I'm staying out of that one."

Rand Paul:

a favorite among many of the birthers this has to be heartbreaking for them.

one note: currently it's not democrats that are the "cruz birthers" but the "de vattel" faction of the original birthers, almost entirely on the right on the political spectrum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2013, 06:43 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,074,302 times
In classic birther style, they don't get heartbroken. They get vicious.

Over at The Birther Report they're calling him names they don't call Obama.

Old 08-14-2013, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Over at The Birther Report they're calling him names....
from the comments at the birther report:

"face it, there is absolutely nothing but spineless cowards in washington dc "

"i knew it- rino - coward"

"Ron and Rand are both just more cowards who illustrate the effectiveness of Alinsky tactics."

"Again, spineless and adrift with the rule of law."

"USELESS RAND PAUL."

"Well. . . So much for the only politician who supposedly respected the Constitution."

"Doesn't anyone have any principles any more?"

"just another p*ssy republican"

"Rand Paul is a fraud, like all the rest."

"U REALLY BLEW IT DUMBASS CUZ WE BIRTHERS ARE THE ELEPHANT IN THE ROOM AN WE ELEPHANTS DONT FORGET !!!!"

wow. fascinating. the birthers will instantly turn on someone they previously respected before they'll even contemplate the possibility that they could be wrong.

Old 08-14-2013, 07:17 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,927,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
from the comments at the birther report:

"face it, there is absolutely nothing but spineless cowards in washington dc "

"i knew it- rino - coward"

"Ron and Rand are both just more cowards who illustrate the effectiveness of Alinsky tactics."

"Again, spineless and adrift with the rule of law."

"USELESS RAND PAUL."

"Well. . . So much for the only politician who supposedly respected the Constitution."

"Doesn't anyone have any principles any more?"

"just another p*ssy republican"

"Rand Paul is a fraud, like all the rest."

"U REALLY BLEW IT DUMBASS CUZ WE BIRTHERS ARE THE ELEPHANT IN THE ROOM AN WE ELEPHANTS DONT FORGET !!!!"

wow. fascinating. the birthers will instantly turn on someone they previously respected before they'll even contemplate the possibility that they could be wrong.
Sounds more like they are going to cannibalize their own. My, how far the GOP has fallen, the party that prided itself on orderly succession of leadership while it was always the Democrats in disarray. Tables have turned

Old 08-14-2013, 07:42 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,746,643 times
Quote:
“You won't find me questioning [Ted Cruz's] eligibility. I decided a long time ago I wasn't going to be a birther for Democrats. I'm not a birther for Republicans. I'm staying out of that one."

Rand Paul:

a favorite among many of the birthers this has to be heartbreaking for them.

one note: currently it's not democrats that are the "cruz birthers" but the "de vattel" faction of the original birthers, almost entirely on the right on the political spectrum.
For the record, the original birthers were the Democrats who tried to say McCain was ineligible for the Presidency because he was born in Panama while his father was stationed there as an Admiral in the US Navy.

Huffington Post: Arizona law professor says McCain not eligible
Arizona Law Professor: McCain Not Eligible To Be President

NY Times: A citizen, but Natural Born? McCain's eligibility to be President is in question
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/11/us...cain.html?_r=0

NBC Nightly News: McCain's citizenship called into question
McCain's citizenship called into question - NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams | NBC News

Old 08-14-2013, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
For the record, the original birthers were the Democrats who tried to say McCain was ineligible.....
actually the legal challenges about mccain's eligibilty came from republicans, not democrats. also the origins of obama birtherism date back to march 2008, predating your links by 4months.

» The Secret Origin of the Birthers Birth Of A Notion

Old 08-14-2013, 08:29 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 21 days ago)

29,550 posts, read 16,536,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
For the record, the original birthers were the Democrats who tried to say McCain was ineligible for the Presidency because he was born in Panama while his father was stationed there as an Admiral in the US Navy.

Huffington Post: Arizona law professor says McCain not eligible
Arizona Law Professor: McCain Not Eligible To Be President

NY Times: A citizen, but Natural Born? McCain's eligibility to be President is in question
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/11/us...cain.html?_r=0

NBC Nightly News: McCain's citizenship called into question
McCain's citizenship called into question - NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams | NBC News
I dont think you read those articles. the first 2 are defending McCain's eligibility to be President. the 3rd is just the NY times article paraphrased.

Birtherism is defined by attacking someones eligibility, not defending it.

Old 08-14-2013, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Sounds more like they are going to cannibalize their own.
yep. here the feeding frenzy turns to rep. jeff miller (R FL).

Outed: Congressman Jeff Miller Email Released Shows Scheduled Meeting With Team Arpaio | Birther Report: Obama Release Your Records

Old 08-14-2013, 09:06 PM

580 posts, read 449,813 times
Quote:
actually the legal challenges about mccain's eligibilty came from republicans, not democrats. also the origins of obama birtherism date back to march 2008, predating your links by 4months.

Oooooh!
Now that's gotta leave a mark...

...huh Mason?

Old 08-14-2013, 10:04 PM

563 posts, read 807,256 times
Quote:

It's worth mentioning the controversy over Obama's citizenship began with leaked e-mails from supporters of Hillary Clinton's Campaign in a last-ditch attempt to rescue it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies