Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2013, 06:34 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,455,098 times

Advertisements

The Oregon exchange is screaming LONG LIVE OREGONIANS!

Don't they know that is financially unsustainable? Are they unable to do the math? Or are they just flat out lying in order to promote their agenda?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2013, 06:36 AM

4,130 posts, read 4,460,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
The Oregon exchange is screaming LONG LIVE OREGONIANS!

Don't they know that is financially unsustainable? Are they unable to do the math? Or are they just flat out lying in order to promote their agenda?
Can you provide the math that backs up your claim?

Can you provide the evidence of their "agenda?"

How can an exchange scream anything? I'm pretty sure it doesn't have a mouth.

Old 08-15-2013, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
Can you provide the math that backs up your claim?

Can you provide the evidence of their "agenda?"

How can an exchange scream anything? I'm pretty sure it doesn't have a mouth.

Common sense indicates that if Obamacare supporters get their way - if Americans do indeed live long - then Social security payments will necessarily skyrocket, which means the Social Security shortfall will necessarily skyrocket, and the federal budget will first explode and then implode, when the debt service becomes unsustainable.

The solvency of Social Security is premised on the existence of a large pool of 'contributors' who pay into the program for decades and then die before collecting; the intent of Obamacare is not consonant with the premise of Social Security.

An exchange may not have a mouth, but apparently it has a whole lot of money to purchase mouthpieces to do the screaming for them.

Old 08-15-2013, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Common sense indicates that if Obamacare supporters get their way - if Americans do indeed live long - then Social security payments will necessarily skyrocket, which means the Social Security shortfall will necessarily skyrocket, and the federal budget will first explode and then implode, when the debt service becomes unsustainable.

The solvency of Social Security is premised on the existence of a large pool of 'contributors' who pay into the program for decades and then die before collecting.

an exchange may not have a mouth, but apparently it has a whole lot of money to purchase mouthpieces to do the screaming for them.
Okay, so you don't have any evidence at all that what you say is true. You have no math behind your statement to "look at the math" and nothing substantiating any agenda. You can't even provide the math and evidence that convinced you this is true. You are just making up fictional stories and expecting everyone to accepting your self delusional lies as true.

I am getting really sick of the compulsive lying. You have cried wolf so many times that telling the truth would be a startling occurrence to the world. I actually feel bad for people that live a life where they need to lie to themselves and the world to function in it at all. You can continue lying to yourself, but I live in a reality where honesty and truth are valued.

Old 08-15-2013, 06:59 AM

11,768 posts, read 10,261,651 times
Quote:

The solvency of Social Security is premised on the existence of a large pool of 'contributors' who pay into the program for decades and then die before collecting; the intent of Obamacare is not consonant with the premise of Social Security.

An exchange may not have a mouth, but apparently it has a whole lot of money to purchase mouthpieces to do the screaming for them.
I see what you are saying, but SS payments can be cut to retain solvency.

Old 08-15-2013, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Okay, so you don't have any evidence at all that what you say is true. You have no math behind your statement to "look at the math" and nothing substantiating any agenda. You can't even provide the math and evidence that convinced you this is true. You are just making up fictional stories and expecting everyone to accepting your self delusional lies as true.

I am getting really sick of the compulsive lying. You have cried wolf so many times that telling the truth would be a startling occurrence to the world. I actually feel bad for people that live a life where they need to lie to themselves and the world to function in it at all. You can continue lying to yourself, but I live in a reality where honesty and truth are valued.

That's what number crunchers are for. I'm not a number cruncher and - unlike the exchanges - can't afford to hire any. But if you are able to do so you are welcome to show how increased longevity is financially sustainable.

Old 08-15-2013, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
I see what you are saying, but SS payments can be cut to retain solvency.

which would amount essentially to throwing burger flippers under the bus.

Old 08-15-2013, 07:10 AM

11,768 posts, read 10,261,651 times
Quote:
That's what number crunchers are for. I'm not a number cruncher and - unlike the exchanges - can't afford to hire any. But if you are able to do so you are welcome to show how increased longevity is financially sustainable.
The exchanges won't increase lifespans. The CBO is estimating less people to be insured post Obamacare than pre Obamacare.

Quote:
which would amount essentially to throwing burger flippers under the bus.
The rate of return is already horrible for everyone except the lowest earners. The younger you are and the more you make the worse your return is.

Real Rates of Return

Old 08-15-2013, 07:10 AM

Quote:
The burden of proof is on the claimant to prove their claim true. I don't need to prove dog crap doesn't cure cancer if some one claims it does, they need to prove it true. That's how reality works.

If you believe things that are not proven true (and only till proven absolutely false) then do you believe in big foot, the loch ness monster, and mole people?

You said look at the math, that it supports your claim, and not only have you not done the math...you don't even know how. Your claims hold as much truth as the tooth fairy. I don't see where any of your claims can go without a shred of evidence or proof, and that you cannot even understand the counter evidence if it was presented to you...as well as your habit of compulsively lying.

Old 08-15-2013, 07:18 AM

Quote:
The burden of proof is on the claimant to prove their claim true. I don't need to prove dog crap doesn't cure cancer if some one claims it does, they need to prove it true. That's how reality works.

If you believe things that are not proven true (and only till proven absolutely false) then do you believe in big foot, the loch ness monster, and mole people?

You said look at the math, that it supports your claim, and not only have you not done the math...you don't even know how. Your claims hold as much truth as the tooth fairy. I don't see where any of your claims can go without a shred of evidence or proof, and that you cannot even understand the counter evidence if it was presented to you...as well as your habit of compulsively lying.

In that case, poor people are disqualified from participating in politics, since they can't afford number crunchers and think tanks to do the math for them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies