Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2013, 05:31 PM

3,179 posts, read 3,166,021 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhawkins74 View Post
You really are a typical liberal, you have to start calling people names...
Calling me a "liberal" is the nastiest name calling of all! I forgot, Conservatives are supposed to just suck it up and accept being called racists when we are being constantly assaulted with race-baiting and class warfare by the lugubrious Left.

Old 08-17-2013, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
DUHHH! Yes pretend you don't know what a link looks like on CD to cover for yourself! Then even though you are plenty OLD, old enough that if you were smart you would have something better as a comeback, add a played out "how old are you" comment! Anything else stupid that you would like to add to make yourself look like a total zero just in case anyone reading your posts is on the fence about it?

Honestly, there's nothing to get back to when you are dealing with a sad, aging racist who is so petty and such a loser that they actually get worked up about a low end retailer's television commercial and declare unfailing allegiance to a different low-end retailer because of it. Carry on with your irrational hatred of people just because of the amount of the melatonin in their skin. Hopefully, as the generations carry on, humankind will become less hate-filled over something another person cannot help such as the color of their skin. Seems some people haven't learned much since WWII.
No "cover", Zippy. I wouldn't click on any link a Lib troll like you would post for fear of getting a virus. And what's the matter? Afraid to admit you are WRONG about the ads being exclusively black?

Old 08-17-2013, 06:58 PM

13,422 posts, read 9,952,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObserverNY View Post
No "cover", Zippy. I wouldn't click on any link a Lib troll like you would post for fear of getting a virus. And what's the matter? Afraid to admit you are WRONG about the ads being exclusively black?
The ads feature a REAL group who ARE exclusively black.

It would be like featuring Van Halen or - insert any white rock/country band here you might be able to relate to - in an ad. It would be an all white ad because - da da dum - they're all white.

Old 08-17-2013, 07:04 PM

27,457 posts, read 1,055,050 times
Quote:
The reality is that it's perfectly okay to call whites racist or well-dressed, Conservative blacks "Uncle Toms" by Liberals and those is the black community. This has become the "norm" for our country. It's divisive, ads like this are setting back civil rights by 50 years and in my 57 years, I have never seen our country so racially divided. The attitude of some of the posters here are so typical. Are you feeling left-out? Don't like the competition? Good grief, I thought the whole impetus behind equal rights was equal rights, NOT blacks have more rights than whitey because they were "oppressed" 100 years ago. Now the message being sent is "oppress whitey".
Apparently, you haven't seen "hoodrats" either because the kids portrayed in the bus video look nothing of the kind. They just portray a group of kids who happen to be black and happen to be having a little fun before they settle down in their student desks to learn standard English, which does suit you, doesn't it?

Either you're a chase car/troll bent on generating a discussion (that I'm now buying into) that generates the hate OR you're paranoid...I mean...lacking in exposure to decent black people and think them equal to murders, abusers, thieves and the like. In keeping with the lack of exposure thing, for your information, in my neck of the woods (part of the Blackbelt of Alabama, which, I think, refers to the soil), there are counties where the school bus riders are heavily or all black. They go to school, they learn subjects, they are not allowed to forget what it means to have good character, yadda, yadda. If people can feel no threat from a commercial featuring a mostly or all-white cast, why should one with a black or mostly black cast be a threat. Better yet, why would any company allow itself to be represented by a commercial featuring a cast of black ne'er do wells?

Old 08-17-2013, 07:36 PM

600 posts, read 659,997 times
Quote:
Oh. I see. So you believe whites should "step aside" so non-whites can have a "step-up"? Sorry. I believe in equal opportunity, not restitution for something my great-great grandaddy did. My children don't owe the current generation of non-white Americans squat. But because of the gimme gimme attitude of those you claim are "oppressed", my children and my grandchildren are being burdened with the cost of those entitlements. Enough.
how patronizing!

do you actually believe there is no burdened bared by non-whites for the grievous racial injustices of the past

you've lost your mind!

btw, you and yours so called burden has been a pittance!

Old 08-17-2013, 07:44 PM

5,297 posts, read 7,631,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbyman View Post
(racist) - a person with a prejudiced belief that one race is superior to others.

I didnt see any of that. I do have Black "bougie" friends that would make racist about this commercial though, it's kinda sad . But I always tease them about their condescension .
Same here. I really am kind of tired of the current "race de jour" stuff, then I stop and think of the fact that for years, you saw almost no black commercials.

I love KMart.

Old 08-17-2013, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakers View Post
...snipped... That one white kid on the bus is JUST FINE on the bus. Why would you assume as a white person you wouldn't be welcome where black people are??? That just makes no sense.

~Katy
Because some of my grandkids have had the same problems on the school buses here in Florida. Quite a few of the drivers are black and they will not stand up for a white kid. I take some of the goings on as kids acting up and "full of it" but, I have seen some pretty aggressive black kids, especially girls, on the buses and they really didn't receive any kind of reprimand or punishment for their actions.

Actually, I feel bad for some of these kids that don't seem to have much structure at home. I felt so bad for a young black male (15-16) here in Fl who got into an altercation with a hispanic youth. The black boy wound up killing the hispanic kid and the black boy got an adult prison sentence. He never stood a chance. I dont think he meant to "kill" him. The young black boys parents were not in his life, his grandmother died and his g-pa didn't want him. The courts cut a deal and it came out in the paper that they didn't want to go to court because there was an element of self defense.......he will be a hardened criminal when he comes out and that shouldn't be....he was just a kid.

But, there are many of these kids that have taken things to a whole new level, white and black.

Old 08-17-2013, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docendo discimus View Post
LMAO

The lyric is:

"Cause my Hoodie cost a Hami
And Hami is my Homey!"

and

"Got my hoodie for a Hami
Hoodie for a Hami
Hami's Alex Hamilton"

...as in Alexander Hamilton, as in the ten dollar bill. As in, I'm gonna brag about knowing the president who's on the $10 bill, while also bragging about my humble, down-to-earth taste and reasonably priced back to school clothes.

That Kmart commercial is glamorizing school, school buses, school supplies, calculators, matching pencil cases and Alexander Hamilton. And because these are tweenagers who will be getting lockers for the first time, there's also an instructional verse in there about how to open your locker (right, left, right, click).

The commercial features little nerds getting way too excited about going back to school. They're wearing button down oxford shirts and rugbies, two of them are wearing Urkel glasses, and I think one of them is even wearing a calculator watch. The black girl with the braids is dressed in the same kind of outfit a little emo girl would find at Hot Topic.

Yeah. This is totally some really scary hoodrat stuff.

Don't clutch those JCPenney pearls too tight.
This post kind of put things in perspective and I may have to pay more attention to the commercial. LOL.

I happen to like KMart. They were the WMart of the 1970's. I still shop sometimes at the couple left in this area.

eta: I am leaving this thread because I have nothing to contribute. I just feel bad that we have reached this point in racial relations. It is so wrong and there is more than enough blame to go around. I am sorry I contributed to this thread.

There is one person in the whole CD website that I admired their posts so much and I asked to be a friend. Someone told me later that that person was black. I didn't care about that but, I would not want to say anything that would be offensive to a person I admired so much.

Last edited by AnnieA; 08-17-2013 at 08:24 PM..

Old 08-17-2013, 08:34 PM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,688,188 times
Quote:
I believe that was undesirable and I believe that could be interpreted as yes, a group of hoodrat black children, an all Italian family, an all Jewish family/group, an all Russian, Chinese, Arab, Puerto Rican community .... why do you think NYC, the "melting pot" consists of Chinatown, Little Italy, etc? Because people of different ethnicities are often MOST comfortable with their own kind! So yeah, if an ad was targeting Orthodox Jews in Brooklyn, I would find that annoying and undesirable, unless it was for Hebrew school or a Kosher product.
what makes them hoodrat children? because they were rapping?

and all white families appear on tv all the time why is that acceptable? but any hint of diversity is terrible?

you are truly sad

Old 08-17-2013, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnniemae View Post
Apparently, you haven't seen "hoodrats" either because the kids portrayed in the bus video look nothing of the kind. They just portray a group of kids who happen to be black and happen to be having a little fun before they settle down in their student desks to learn standard English, which does suit you, doesn't it?

Either you're a chase car/troll bent on generating a discussion (that I'm now buying into) that generates the hate OR you're paranoid...I mean...lacking in exposure to decent black people and think them equal to murders, abusers, thieves and the like. In keeping with the lack of exposure thing, for your information, in my neck of the woods (part of the Blackbelt of Alabama, which, I think, refers to the soil), there are counties where the school bus riders are heavily or all black. They go to school, they learn subjects, they are not allowed to forget what it means to have good character, yadda, yadda. If people can feel no threat from a commercial featuring a mostly or all-white cast, why should one with a black or mostly black cast be a threat. Better yet, why would any company allow itself to be represented by a commercial featuring a cast of black ne'er do wells?
I'm going to answer your last question first - It would appear that KMart has done just that. I can only think it must be to attract more EBT users. You think they look like cute, sweet black kids just wanting to have fun. To me they look like gangsta/rapper wannabes soon to be ne'er do wells. Put them in parochial school uniforms and actually USING school supplies for education and imho, a much more positive image emerges. I'm not afraid of black teenagers in school uniforms. I most certainly would lock my car door if the group in the KMart ad approached my car in a parking lot. Chances are the sales clerk in the Swiss boutique that wouldn't show Oprah the expensive purse didn't do so because of the way she was dressed, not because she was black.

A wealthy white friend of mine was shopping for fencing for her property. She also happens to be an artist and was wearing sloppy painting clothes when she stopped in a fence store. She inquired about one particular style and the salesman said, "Oh, you can't afford that style, that's our top of the line." Unlike Oprah, she said, "FU buddy. I could buy your whole damn store!" and walked out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies