Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2013, 05:00 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,936,636 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Screw Israel.
Stop stealing Palestinian land and building on it.
Maybe then we'll talk.
No need to provide any support for any reason.
Pull back all of our support, monetary and military, and let everyone fend for themselves.
Just a factual correction, the lands never were Palestinian. In fact, there term Palestinian was created after 1967. The UN by resolution created Israel. If you think it is unfair for a nation to be created by other powers, you will need to redraw the entire Middle East. In addition, by that line of reasoning Kuwaitis don't have a right to live in what is called Kuwait, since that land belonged to Iraq before the 1920s when the British created Kuwait. The point being that most of the powerful countries denying Israel's legitimacy were artificially created by colonial powers themselves. So if the Arab nations really want to revert back to previous borders we'll have to re-border almost all the regions nations, including Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Kuwait, etc. It's only fair. Think they'll go for it?

I propose we go back to the 1914 borders and call it a day.

Neither the Israeli's nor the Palestinians are the goodies or the badies. However, in my humble opinion, the Israeli's have been more reasonable. They are willing to trade tangible land for the promise of peace.

Moreover, if one reads between the lines and listens to Palestinians on the street in interviews, it is clear that the objective is to eventually drive the Jews from Israel. While the Jews have no desires to drive the Palestinians away.

Last edited by MTAtech; 08-19-2013 at 05:08 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2013, 05:05 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,777,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
This is what you said:

Yes, you did say that Obama had a hand in the middle east.

And your husband's opinion differs.
Are we supposed to be impressed that there's a differing opinion?

What's your point?
What my husband said was fact, not an opinion. Unlike you, I'm not here to "impress" anyone.OldGringo made a statement as if it was fact. It happens to be totally ridiculous and wouldn't be surprised if you think the same way:

Quote:
These people are constantly told from childbirth that America props up Israel and that Israel is their mortal enemy
Really??? "These people" are indoctrinated to hate from birth?

Do you think that people are indoctrinated at birth to become bitter old crones or is that something that happens because they have a miserable lonely life?

Oh, OK. So Obama had nothing to do with the events that have taken place since 2011 in the ME.

Old 08-19-2013, 05:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
such a drivel, wtf are you talking about?
So the MB is a terrorist organization but the military killing it's own citizens is not, gotcha!
I'm sure glad people such as yourself aren't running this country or it's military.....
oh, we had to kill civilians because they were destroying our government installations because they wanted human rights

talk about clueless tools.

Let me ask you something, is there anything you don't blame Obama for?
Seems there was one chair left for you General.

Once again a post with no substance.

Obama /drones/dead Americans.

Last edited by CaseyB; 08-19-2013 at 06:59 AM.. Reason: Foul language

Old 08-19-2013, 05:54 AM

2,295 posts, read 2,366,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
We supported the Arab Spring and the Brotherhood.
The people of Egypt aren't as stupid as Americans. They don't forget.
They don't have allegiance to US political parties.

The military took over, plain and simple.

To be clear, the Egyptian military took power from the Muslim Brotherhood. Morsi and company were brotherhood folks.

Old 08-19-2013, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXStrat View Post
To be clear, the Egyptian military took power from the Muslim Brotherhood. Morsi and company were brotherhood folks.
That is just too plain and simple for some folks to understand, especially when they have little or no information about the MB - it's history and it's universal intent, and what it intended for ALL Egyptians.

Those poor MB just attacked a bus filled with unarmed soldiers and slaughtered them. I'm sure some can justify those killings and think that those soldiers "deserved" it. I saw a video where the MB occupied a police station and slaughtered the policemen. Those poor MB thought it necessary to show their handiwork by posting a video. Wonder if there are sympathizers who think that this was "retaliation" and is justified? I guess those Christians who had their churches burned, homes burned, some beaten, some killed, probably deserved it, so the poor MB thought. How can anyone justify that when those Christians weren't military or police? Did they support the military? Who knows? Was it because they were Christians? Definitely.

The thousands of MB that demonstrated were those that were "bought" by the MB. They are the poorest of the poor. They are uneducated and uniformed and bend to the will of their keeper, the MB.

Old 08-19-2013, 06:13 AM

17,440 posts, read 9,253,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Cairo Court orders release of Mubarak... Hmmmm... Wonder why Obama ordered that?
The Mubarak case is as convoluted as everything else in Egypt today. He is "released" and still held in custody.

Mubarak's release inches closer after Egyptian court ruling - AhramOnline, Egypt
Quote:
A court ordered Hosni Mubarak be released until he is tried on one set of corruption charges, but he will remain in custody as he is also being detained for a separate case
There are 2 Corruption cases and and a case about the killing of protestors from 2011.
Quote:
Another court also ordered the former president to be released pending a trial in a case in which he is being retried for charges of complicity in the killing of over 800 protesters in the January 2011 uprising.
Obama had nothing to do with any of it. He doesn't have much influence in Egypt, or Syria, or Libya, or Tunisia, or Lebanon, or Iraq ...... all of which are in turmoil with dead bodies piling up.

Old 08-19-2013, 06:19 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,842,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
The Mubarak case is as convoluted as everything else in Egypt today. He is "released" and still held in custody.

Mubarak's release inches closer after Egyptian court ruling - AhramOnline, Egypt

There are 2 Corruption cases and and a case about the killing of protestors from 2011.

Obama had nothing to do with any of it. He doesn't have much influence in Egypt, or Syria, or Libya, or Tunisia, or Lebanon, or Iraq ...... all of which are in turmoil with dead bodies piling up.
Maybe ...

Egypt's Mubarak will be freed soon, lawyer says | Reuters

Old 08-19-2013, 06:19 AM

68,320 posts, read 54,318,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Exactly.

We had a Secretary of State whose only real life experience was being the wife of a president and an Acorn activist who was helped into office by the 1% who got extremely rich from tabloid trash tv and the Hollywood bimbos.

They really have no understanding of what democracy means and what Islam means.
The US showed its great concern for democracy when it declined to sign the Geneva Accords of 1954, our foreign policy hasn't improved any since. The US view of democracy in other nations is when things go the way we would like it was a 'fair' election, when they don't it was obviously rigged and the results must be ignored.

Old 08-19-2013, 06:21 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,263,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Just a factual correction, the lands never were Palestinian. In fact, there term Palestinian was created after 1967. The UN by resolution created Israel. If you think it is unfair for a nation to be created by other powers, you will need to redraw the entire Middle East. In addition, by that line of reasoning Kuwaitis don't have a right to live in what is called Kuwait, since that land belonged to Iraq before the 1920s when the British created Kuwait. The point being that most of the powerful countries denying Israel's legitimacy were artificially created by colonial powers themselves. So if the Arab nations really want to revert back to previous borders we'll have to re-border almost all the regions nations, including Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Kuwait, etc. It's only fair. Think they'll go for it?

I propose we go back to the 1914 borders and call it a day.

Neither the Israeli's nor the Palestinians are the goodies or the badies. However, in my humble opinion, the Israeli's have been more reasonable. They are willing to trade tangible land for the promise of peace.

Moreover, if one reads between the lines and listens to Palestinians on the street in interviews, it is clear that the objective is to eventually drive the Jews from Israel. While the Jews have no desires to drive the Palestinians away.
Yes, I've got it for the names, but I do not believe the israelis have been reasonable at all.
I see them as kicking their neighbors in the shins and hiding behind the US as protector.

Israel hasn't been a country in centuries so the muslims have a more clear right to the land.

The israelis have withheld water, ability to work, etc from the palestinians.
I don't know where you're getting your information, but what I read disagrees with your comments.

Old 08-19-2013, 06:38 AM

My husband is Egyptian, so maybe he has more credibility than you? Do you have proof that children are indoctrinated from birth to hate? I would be interested in seeing it, rather than you just saying that someone who is Egyptian (and a Muslim) only has an opinion and no credibility.

He was never taught to hate, nor were his 7 sisters. I know the entire family and none of them hold hatred towards Jews nor were they ever taught to. In all my years around Egyptians, Jews were never ever discussed, nor were Palestinians. Maybe that has something to do with the fact that they weren't indoctrinated to hate Jews from birth and have other things to talk about?

When my husband went to the US his first job was working in an Hasidic catering hall.
We had Jewish neighbors - a nephew and his uncle. We adored the uncle. When he died my husband was asked to be one of the members at his grave, as there was a Jewish ceremony that takes place after death and requires a certain number of people, which he graciously accepted and he was very welcomed by the Jewish men who attended. Now if he was indoctrinated at birth to hate Jews and the Jews were his enemy, why the hell would he work for a Jew and attend a Jewish ceremony for the dead?

Last edited by Ibginnie; 08-19-2013 at 07:11 AM.. Reason: deleted quoted post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies