Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2013, 09:39 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 27 days ago)

27,646 posts, read 16,129,622 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragonslayer View Post
Jehova witness' come by my house and so do the Mormons. I ask them to not come by that I do not want their religion. But you forget that in the USA we have freedom of religion and can choose what ever religion pleases us or not have a religion. But when christians are going to a foreign country to proselytize and try to change those in that country, then they should be aware that they are not wanted there.
Sure that can happen and I'm sure they are aware of it but Christianity has been in Egypt for thousands of years.

Old 09-10-2013, 10:05 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,936,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
Churches have been under attack for millenia.
Don't you think this is being done in a mass amount and with revenge and destroying the Christian culture completely?

Old 09-10-2013, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragonslayer View Post
Exactly. If extremist Christians would mind their own business and stop going to countries that are not christian, forcing their bible on these people, maybe they would not have violence directed towards them. Why do they think that the muslims want to be converted to christianity?
You actually believe this is why they're being killed? I do believe it's hard to be an extreme Christian in the ME!

Old 09-10-2013, 10:29 PM

4,538 posts, read 4,811,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
You actually believe this is why they're being killed? I do believe it's hard to be an extreme Christian in the ME!
They are being persecuted in the Middle East similar to the way the early Christians were persecuted by the non-believing Jews and Romans. It breaks my heart to see these martyrs killed, but their reward is in heaven, unlike the Muslims who kill them, who are going to hell. The Muslims are much appreciated by Satan, who hates Jesus Christ, and does everything in his power to undermine Christians. Satan loves the Koran, because it directly attacks Jesus Christ as well as Moses. When you don't have the protection of the Lord Jesus Christ, you are at the mercy and whim of Satan - witness the constant chaos of the Muslim world. Arabs shouldn't feel that it is their 'duty' to be Muslim. The earliest non-Jewish Christians were the mixed race (Assyrian-Jewish) Samaritans, and the believers in the Antioch church on the Turkey-Syria border.

Old 09-10-2013, 10:44 PM

1,806 posts, read 1,737,489 times
Victims aren't martyrs, sorry. I'll roll my eyes at the rest of your post.

The US has been giving aid to Egypt for a long time. Stopping that would destabilize the country and the region. If Obama is so interested in keep the Brotherhood there, he would have done something when the military took the country back.

Your main premise that Christians are being targeted there is accurate. Your attempt to lump Obama's name into anything bad in the world is childish. A better argument would be that the MB was trying to use democracy as a transition to creating a fundamentalist Muslim country.

Old 09-10-2013, 10:50 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,472,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAMERCAT View Post
List of every Christian institution destroyed by Muslim Brotherhood supporters in Egypt
You don't become the majority without pushing others around.

[hint]

Old 09-11-2013, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
You don't become the majority without pushing others around.

[hint]
The thing is they are majority and have been in that area for sometime. Goes to show they tolerate nothing, but what they believe in. Against anyone not like them......this is more like ethnic cleansing.

Old 09-11-2013, 02:21 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,123,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vejadu View Post
Sadly, nobody cares when Christian churches are attacked. It's astounding that some people see American Evangelicals as no different than the type of Muslims who are behind these type of attacks. When groups of Evangelicals start burning down Mosques and murdering Muslims across the US, then you can make that comparison.
Evangelicals are waiting and waiting and waiting some more for The Rapture. Seems to me when I hear some of their TV preachers they are enormously happy when things around the world, especially the Middle East, are in shambles...they believe that is another sign that the coming of Jesus is almost upon them.

Old 09-11-2013, 08:58 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,472,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
The thing is they are majority and have been in that area for sometime. Goes to show they tolerate nothing, but what they believe in. Against anyone not like them......this is more like ethnic cleansing.
That's what majorities do.

[of any kind]

Old 09-12-2013, 08:17 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,051,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vejadu View Post
Sadly, nobody cares when Christian churches are attacked. It's astounding that some people see American Evangelicals as no different than the type of Muslims who are behind these type of attacks. When groups of Evangelicals start burning down Mosques and murdering Muslims across the US, then you can make that comparison.
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Thats too bad. If the reverse were happening I am certain it would be HUGE news, on every broadcast over and over.
Pretty much. Sad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies