Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2013, 05:30 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,000,960 times

Advertisements

Or the wonderful Gloria Allred is looking for a check. Either way this guy needs to go but I hear not a squeak from the left to get rid of this guy. Why is that? The left ran Herman Cain out of the last election for unsubstantiated claims yet this guy gets a pass. War on women and all one would think the liberals would be absolutely outraged over this.

"SAN DIEGO - A great-grandmother says Mayor Bob Filner asked her if she thought he could "go for eight hours." The woman is the 16th to come forward with claims of sexual harassment against the mayor.

Peggy Shannon, 67, works part-time at San Diego City Hall's senior citizens service desk to supplement her Social Security income.

"My co-workers and I would laugh about it, at first," Shannon said at a Thursday afternoon news conference.

However, she said it got worse. Shannon said Filner grabbed and kissed her.

"I knew he was engaged and I felt very shocked," she said. "On the day that Mayor Filner grabbed me and kissed me, I went home and cried."
Attorney Gloria Allred said Filner approached Shannon one time and said, "Do you think I could go eight hours, straight?"

Shannon said she was shocked and hurt.

"I was working and had to get myself together to continue my job," Shannon said. "I went home and cried again."
Shannon said she immediately told her supervisor, and Allred said there is an open investigation with the city's Equal Employment Investigations Office."

10News - Great-grandmother accuses Mayor Bob Filner of sexual harassment - 10News.com - Team 10 Investigates
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies