Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2013, 06:37 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,318,192 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Crack is as bad IMHO as meth. Anybody who uses that junk needs to be locked up IMHO.
It is not what they get high off of that really is criminal it is what they do to get it. Personally if someone wants to sit in their house and "beam up" all day and not bother anyone else, hey it is their bodies so be it.

Old 09-13-2013, 06:37 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,838,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antredd View Post
The Condemnation of Blackness: Race, Crime, and the Making of Modern Urban America by Khalil Gibran Muhammad was published in 2010, and it has set out to expose the “glue that binds crime to race." In other words it looks at the logic by which many Americans, especially white Americans, are able to convince themselves that “whites commit crimes, but black males are criminals.” This is the last phrase that comes from Pulitzer Prize-winning historian David Levering Lewis, who after reading this book, feels that it should be a mandatory read for all Americans.

When I stumbled upon this quote, I wasn't surprised that anyone would make a statement like this because it seems to be another way for people to bash black men, without looking at the reasons these black men are commiting crimes that obviously lable them as crimminals. I haven't read this book, but from this quote alone can one resonably agree or disagree with this quote and back it up with facts?
Personally I think that white have taken the same view of black on black crime problems as they do on Syria. None of my business ;now days. let blacks solve the problem.

Old 09-13-2013, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Uh OTOH: Black people need to stop crying "racism" when a hood rat does something stupid and gets busted. If a white tweaker meth head gets busted; I laugh and say "bravo" and I'm def "white", I certainly DON'T scream racism when the cops do their job.

You tend forget that when something that happens is actually racist many whites still have the attitude of someone is pulling the race card and totally ignoring the fact that it could be a racial matter after all.

Old 09-13-2013, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Word was many of the Black community leaders WANTED harder sentences on crack about 25 years ago.
Until they realizing that MANDATORY sentencing laws that many judges started abusing compared to those who sold powder cocaine.

Old 09-13-2013, 07:12 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,217,585 times
I would argue that anyone convicted of a crime is a criminal. White black or purple.
Drug offenders. This a case where Darwinism should be applied. From an early age we are all taught what happens if you start doing drugs. A small percentage of us can't seem to grasp the concept of addiction. We should not waste 1 tax dollar helping the idiots who just had to do their drugs of choice. As far as I am concerned Dealers should get hammered up to and including lethal injection. Pot is a minor league deal and quite honestly who cares. Heroine, Meth, coke? Lethal injection. Ride the high into the next life.

Old 09-13-2013, 07:19 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,899,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Until they realizing that MANDATORY sentencing laws that many judges started abusing compared to those who sold powder cocaine.
Don't do crack or meth; don't go to jail.

Old 09-13-2013, 07:22 PM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,687,072 times
well its true.. when blacks commit crimes they are "thugs", when middle eastern men commit crimes they are "terrorists", when a hispanic commit crimes they are "illegals" and when white commit crimes they are "misunderstood" or have some sort of "mental problem" or "had a hard life"

Old 09-13-2013, 07:23 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,838,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
You tend forget that when something that happens is actually racist many whites still have the attitude of someone is pulling the race card and totally ignoring the fact that it could be a racial matter after all.
That's the problem with crying wolf constantly has always.

Old 09-13-2013, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
That's the problem with crying wolf constantly has always.
But who are you to determine what is real or not if you do not understand what exactly is going on? I have a probelm with a white person telling me how I should feel and what is real and what is not based on their limited understanding of the subject. Yes, there are cases were racism is overplayed but there are many more were it is ignored as well.

Old 09-13-2013, 08:26 PM

3,038 posts, read 2,513,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post

Have you noticed that the right-wingers who are on here who are suddenly crowing about 4th and 5th Amendment rights have little to say about "stop and frisk" in NYC? See, they only care about such things when they think it will affect them. When it's those dirty Negroes or any of the myriad other groups they don't like, not only are some indifferent, many are fully behind trampling on their Constitutional freedoms.
FYI, NYC is run by liberals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies