Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2013, 11:50 PM

723 posts, read 2,192,836 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by antredd View Post
You have let me know how I have turned my back on my people, and now you are telling me how I need to be a role model for all black children. Being a role model starts in my home.
QFT!!!! ONLY are AA expected to "give back to the hood" whenever one "makes it" since it was clearly the entire neighborhood that stayed up with them while they studied at school. ONLY AA fathers are expected to mentor every wayward AA child (who are unfortunately numerous). It's madness.

Old 10-02-2013, 12:01 AM

3,532 posts, read 6,420,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djohanna View Post
So, are you guys denying that Blacks are the ones committing the most crimes?

or,

Saying no one should acknowledge the fact, even objectively, because they aren't responsible for their own actions and choices?
Very good question. I started this thread to address the sad fact that we live in a society where black men are statistically prone to commit crimes higher than other racial groups, and because of that, there's this attitude that black men are criminals and whites just commit crimes. I think that when you look at the big picture, attitudes like that make black males go okay since I am a criminal then I ought to behave like one. It's that self-fulfilling prophecy that slaps black males in the face, and black males that aren't criminals are caught in the middle.

Old 10-02-2013, 12:04 AM

3,532 posts, read 6,420,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emerald_octane View Post
QFT!!!! ONLY are AA expected to "give back to the hood" whenever one "makes it" since it was clearly the entire neighborhood that stayed up with them while they studied at school. ONLY AA fathers are expected to mentor every wayward AA child (who are unfortunately numerous). It's madness.
It is madness. All I can do is let me light shine on the 34 students I receive every year, and hope that for the black students in my class, I can inspire them to achieve and make the way I have with God's help.

Old 10-02-2013, 02:32 AM

1,300 posts, read 1,041,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
You continue to amaze me. For someone who relies TOTALLY on flaw statistics and proably does not know not one black american you are totally clueless. In none of your rantings have you discussed income levels or education but you consistantly lump all blacks together without prejuice. What is it with you did some black canadian kids take your lunch money or something?

To answer your assinine question. Since there are no cities in this country that comprise of just wealthy and educated blacks but I can give you at least 15 communities that do
[SIZE=4]Top 25 Black Neighborhoods | The Higley 1000[/SIZE]

Now as to your second stupid question Can you name one city in this country with several hundred thousand of one ethnicity of people that does not have any violence in them? Of course you can't because it does not exist here.
So you're telling me there aren't tens of millions of poor white and non-black Americans living in the US right now? Tell me why their crime rates aren't anywhere near as high as black crime rates are? And for that matter tell me why the HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS of Chinese, Indians and other asians living throughout South East Asia who are many times poorer than black Americans and yet they somehow have lower crime rates than black Americans?

The point is you don't need to be rich to be peaceful and respect your fellow man. That is TAUGHT by your parents assuming they are good parents, but its pretty obvious that many blacks are horrible parents and in turn raise horrible kids who then become prone to violence and crime. Its as simple as that.

As for one ethnicty of people that doesn't have any violence in them, of course there isn't such a thing as crime will occur from people of all races/ethnicities. But just look at the amount of crime from 18 million asians in the US who commit LESS THAN 100 MURDERS A YEAR. That's right 18 MILLION Asians throughout the entire US commit less murder than the blacks in Chicago alone. And yet you're telling me that blacks don't have a huge crime problem? The fact that you, green mariner or anyone else can't find one large concentration of blacks anywhere in the US that has a low crime rate proves this point.

It shouldn't be that hard to do should it? It shouldn't be that difficult to point to an area in the US and say 'This city has 500,000 blacks living here and as you can see, the crime and murder rates here are very low. So there! You're wrong'. Why aren't you or anyone else capable of doing this? Or is it because such an area doesn't exist and every area that has a large population of blacks also has a significant crime problem?

Old 10-02-2013, 06:11 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,119,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Sterling View Post
So you're telling me there aren't tens of millions of poor white and non-black Americans living in the US right now? Tell me why their crime rates aren't anywhere near as high as black crime rates are? And for that matter tell me why the HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS of Chinese, Indians and other asians living throughout South East Asia who are many times poorer than black Americans and yet they somehow have lower crime rates than black Americans?

Russia. 1930's Chicago. Turn of Century New York.

What is the race of the criminals?

The point is you don't need to be rich to be peaceful and respect your fellow man. That is TAUGHT by your parents assuming they are good parents, but its pretty obvious that many blacks are horrible parents and in turn raise horrible kids who then become prone to violence and crime. Its as simple as that.

Let the hate consume you. Racist.

As for one ethnicty of people that doesn't have any violence in them, of course there isn't such a thing as crime will occur from people of all races/ethnicities. But just look at the amount of crime from 18 million asians in the US who commit LESS THAN 100 MURDERS A YEAR. That's right 18 MILLION Asians throughout the entire US commit less murder than the blacks in Chicago alone. And yet you're telling me that blacks don't have a huge crime problem? The fact that you, green mariner or anyone else can't find one large concentration of blacks anywhere in the US that has a low crime rate proves this point.

Maybe you should study your American history. It might lead to answers.

It shouldn't be that hard to do should it? It shouldn't be that difficult to point to an area in the US and say 'This city has 500,000 blacks living here and as you can see, the crime and murder rates here are very low. So there! You're wrong'. Why aren't you or anyone else capable of doing this? Or is it because such an area doesn't exist and every area that has a large population of blacks also has a significant crime problem?

There's lots of peaceful predominately black neighborhoods.

In the not so distant past, blacks were confined to certain neighborhoods rather through laws, or social injustices.

Old 10-02-2013, 07:01 AM

6,384 posts, read 4,822,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emerald_octane View Post
That is not true. When I was growing up in a middle-class white neighborhood, all of the fathers mentored all of us, collectively. They coached our teams and chastised us if we got out of line. This occurs worldwide among people of every race. I witness it daily, among Hispanic fathers who coach soccer and other sports at my school. They live the adage: "It takes a village to raise a child".

It's not that hard, so why do you resent the expectation that you would want to help others achieve success?

Old 10-02-2013, 07:26 AM

6,384 posts, read 4,822,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antredd View Post
You are comparing apples to oranges. My son was the one being picked on and the one who was being called the N. Word. I can't believe you think that this Haitian teen wanting to beat up a teacher after school is the same as my son defending himself from a boy who obviously wanted to do physical and emotional harm to my son.

You have never addressed the fact that the boy picking on my son, who happened to be white, was wrong for calling my son the N. Word and for punching him on more than one occasion. Never have you asked about this boy's parents, and did they come to, at least, discuss this matter with my wife and I, especially when I ran into the boy's father in our local grocery store and the man didn't say anything to me at all.

What is so sad also is that for this boy to just blatantly call my son the N. word just goes to show that the N. word was probably being used in this boy's household to the point where this boy wasn't afraid of any repercussions for using this word.

What you are doing is blaming my son, wife, and I for being at the wrong place and the wrong time, since black people aren't supposed to move into predominately white neighborhoods. You have let me know how I have turned my back on my people, and now you are telling me how I need to be a role model for all black children. Being a role model starts in my home. Both of my boys have seen me go to work, know where I grew up and came from, and with hard work, they know like my father told me, if you work your butt off by not asking for any handouts, you will be able to live the American Dream.
Disingenuous. The reason I get nowhere with you is that you keep paraphrasing (spinning) my words into what you wish I've said (to bolster your argument) instead of addressing the central issue: Violence leads to more violence.
If you know this to be wrong, stand back and watch the violence continue. Or try to change it. Your choice.
Meanwhile, as your children grow up and encounter conflicts with others, what lessons that they've learned at home will come into play?

Old 10-02-2013, 07:53 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,699,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Sterling View Post
Let’s not ignore the fact that there is a million or so first generation AFRICANS living in America and that there crime rate is much less than the crime rate of African Americans. In fact, many of their overall statistics are better than African Americans. Any genetic predisposition to violence, for black people, should be more pronounced in the genetically “purer” African, but the opposite is true. Hence, what is the difference between the two groups? The difference is that one group has a stronger traditional foundation of their OWN culture, even if it has been disturbed via colonization. African Americans are almost totally divorced from the base “black” culture whose roots are in Africa.

Culture is a LEARNED behavior or practice as socialization and acculturation manifest most profoundly via emulation of the behaviors and beliefs that surround you. Hence, African American culture evolved in the environment of captivity and violence to preserve captivity. Violence, such as beatings, whippings, castrations, rapes….was used to suppress and control. The environment also demonstrated the devaluing of black life and the devaluing of black family, as family were often torn apart. This is what black people were TAUGHT for centuries, in this nation. They were taught that black was inferior and had less value and that violence was the preferred means to an end to deal with problems because society dealt violence upon them as a means to an end.

Who doubts the probability that a child reared in a home with abusive adults will more likely grow up to be an abusive violent adult more so than a child reared in a loving and nurturing environment free of such abuse? Blacks are the abused foster children of white society, who then grew up to be violent. The fact that whites did not abuse, denigrate, castigate and discriminate against their OWN children to the same degree allowed them to grow up less violent.

Quote:
True, you do not have to be rich to be peaceful, but most rich nations, and by association people, got rich via violence and conquest or indirectly through the direct foreign investment from militaristic nations and people. Rich people generally get other peoples to do their violence for them and rich powerful people often set the poor off against each other to keep the poor from targeting them for their exploitation and manipulation. Every WAR you have ever supported, in the last 50 years, makes one guilty of murder and violence. Any country you agreed with bombing, as a citizen, makes you guilty of murder.

Quote:

That is because they are culturally intact. The vast majority of them are first and second generation Americans and have a strong foundation rooted in their motherlands. They have not been conditioned to hate themselves and generally only the best and brightest from their motherland makes it to America. The same is true of Africans, who also have a much lower rate of crime and violence.

Southfield, Michigan is about 80% African American. It’s a city of about 75,000. If not for the Shopping mall District and business districts, that attracts people from Detroit and other areas, the crime rate would be on par with the national average.

Quote:
Well.....actually it should be that hard because you can count on one hand the number of cities that have a half million blacks.

Old 10-02-2013, 08:13 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,749,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
And what criminal offenses are the ones that usually put black men behind bars? Drug offenses. What a colossal waste of lives and public resources. Not difficult to figure out what effect it has on blacks when so many black men are locked up for the better part of their most productive years for dope offenses.

Have you noticed that the right-wingers who are on here who are suddenly crowing about 4th and 5th Amendment rights have little to say about "stop and frisk" in NYC? See, they only care about such things when they think it will affect them. When it's those dirty Negroes or any of the myriad other groups they don't like, not only are some indifferent, many are fully behind trampling on their Constitutional freedoms.
So, we should change the laws because too many black men are getting locked up? As of now dealing drugs is still a crime and until that changes they will still be incarcerated, that is not to say I am not in favor of legalizing drugs to some extent. Until that time comes, I have a better idea, quit committing crimes, stop dealing/using drugs and get an education, get a job and be a productive member of society, or is that to difficult?

Old 10-02-2013, 03:44 PM

72,958 posts, read 62,547,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futuremauian View Post
Just to clarify, the boy is American-born and is the anchor for an illegal Haitian family.
The part I have trouble believing about Antredd's story is when he says they exhausted every avenue in trying to reach the Administration first. Maybe it's true, but I don't believe it. If you were a teacher, you would know what I'm saying. With Eric Holder et. al., "requesting" suspension data for black kids nationwide, I see and hear about principals give A/As immediate attention.
That aside, I do know about defending myself. My point is that I have heard essentially EVERY A/A student, male and female, justify their endless brawls/drama by saying they were "defending themselves" or being "bullied". I'm not talking about a couple of times, or a dozen times. I mean hundreds of times, I've seen this. We have multiple fights nearly every day.
Do you really think there isn't an alternative?

BTW: I have read your posts on many threads, and have noticed that you seem caught in between two cultures, without really feeling comfortable in either one?
It's got to be extremely difficult being a law-abiding black man at this time in America.
Best of luck to you! While I'm at it, Simetime too. You are a hardass, but deliver rational arguments.
Anyway, even if you don't believe antredd, if said person has done what he could do, can you blame said person for telling his child to defend himself? My point, and his point, is this: If the teacher and the administrator isn't doing anything about the bullying, what next? We aren't advocating violence. We are advocating self-defense. The incident with the child of Haitian descent, that is far different than a kid actually being bullied and being called the N-word. I can understand what antredd is talking about because I've been the child who was bullied and administration wasn't taking it seriously.

And ask yourself this. How do those fights start? Did not someone have to hit someone? And why do you focus so much on Black people having the "if you get hit, hit back" and not White people who have that philosophy?

And the last part of your paragraph. Please explain exactly what you mean by what you are saying about me, particularly the first sentence starting from BTW.

And something else, it has been hard for law-abiding Black people from day one in this country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.