Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-05-2013, 02:09 AM

38,607 posts, read 26,238,828 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
Ah, so the concept of "unjust laws" is basically invalid in your mind? Congratulations, I think you might even get solid disagreement from your fellow right-wingers. Even most of them kind of get the fact that claiming to be a "small government" and "freedom" kind of guy requires you to admit that the government can create unjust laws that should be abolished and resisted.

The Second Amendment is not absolute and drug possession is not a protected right under the Constitution.

Old 10-05-2013, 02:18 AM

14,366 posts, read 9,742,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antredd View Post
The Condemnation of Blackness: Race, Crime, and the Making of Modern Urban America by Khalil Gibran Muhammad was published in 2010, and it has set out to expose the “glue that binds crime to race." In other words it looks at the logic by which many Americans, especially white Americans, are able to convince themselves that “whites commit crimes, but black males are criminals.” This is the last phrase that comes from Pulitzer Prize-winning historian David Levering Lewis, who after reading this book, feels that it should be a mandatory read for all Americans.

When I stumbled upon this quote, I wasn't surprised that anyone would make a statement like this because it seems to be another way for people to bash black men, without looking at the reasons these black men are commiting crimes that obviously lable them as crimminals. I haven't read this book, but from this quote alone can one resonably agree or disagree with this quote and back it up with facts?
In general it's the drug war that is hammering the African demography. Stop the war on drugs and they'll no longer have a black market that is destroying their families, and pitting them against each other for corner space. Gangs would lose their cash cow and be relegated to the equivalent historical footnote of bootlegging.

BTW... it's one m in criminals.

Old 10-12-2013, 07:33 PM

72,817 posts, read 62,167,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
In general it's the drug war that is hammering the African demography. Stop the war on drugs and they'll no longer have a black market that is destroying their families, and pitting them against each other for corner space. Gangs would lose their cash cow and be relegated to the equivalent historical footnote of bootlegging.

BTW... it's one m in criminals.
The sad thing is, the drug war won't end just like that. The war on drugs is more about money than drugs.

Old 10-14-2013, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djohanna View Post
Acknowledging facts makes me a crazy conservative bigot, does it now? To be a nice, intellectual liberal I have to PRETEND the Black criminal problem is not considerable?

And funny how you call the statistics I listed 'stupid'. What's stupid is calling names without a cogent counter-argument, and then deeming me a bigot for providing some solid evidence for my apparent case.

I'm 100% right and this is a pressing issue for Americans.

That must be why there are so few responses, the only ones of which have been weak at best.
It isn't acknowledging statistics that is the issue. It's the fact that you use those statistics as a reason for justifying your own hatred and prejudice for Blacks. It's the fact that your whole agenda is "Black people are scum and the world's better off without them". Evidence of that is that you a recommending a book written by a person whose whole agenda is based around "Black people are the worst thing in the world". I should know this because I've made many visits to the website "StuffBlackPeopleDon'tLike.com".

Old 10-14-2013, 09:29 PM

3,532 posts, read 6,396,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I've made many visits to the website "StuffBlackPeopleDon'tLike.com".
Are there websites that highlight stuff that white people don't like? I am just curious.

Old 10-14-2013, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by antredd View Post
Are there websites that highlight stuff that white people don't like? I am just curious.
There is a website called "stuffwhitepeoplelike". However, that site is more about stuff like world music, sea salt, pea coats, and alot of hipster stuff. Stuff White People Like | This blog is devoted to stuff that white people like

As for the other website I was talking about, here it is: Stuff Black People Don't Like - SBPDL

Old 11-05-2013, 02:03 PM

To sum it up, this is what it's all about. It is about Black people not being allowed to just be individuals, for one's individual merit to be important. It is about Black people being forced to answer for the stupidity of those who happen to look like them. Okay, there are many Black criminals out there. No Black people I know would deny the crime among many Blacks.

However, the problem is that when a Black person commits a crime, it is not "he committed a crime because he's a criminal or he's mentally ill". When a Black person commits a crime, it is attributed to "he did it because he's Black and that's what Blacks do". I don't believe in such illogical thinking. What about the Black people who don't commit crimes, the Blacks who are hardworking, decent, and God-fearing? What is attributed to their decent behavior? No one ever asks that.

Old 11-05-2013, 04:34 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,076,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
The Second Amendment is not absolute and drug possession is not a protected right under the Constitution.
I would say our Founding Fathers would think otherwise. Especially when it came to marijuana/hemp. They were major supporters of the plant and many grew and smoked the stuff. I know they would be pro 2nd amendment when it came to personal protection.

The Drug War imo is one of the 2 biggest scams being run in this country.

Old 11-05-2013, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
I would say our Founding Fathers would think otherwise. Especially when it came to marijuana/hemp. They were major supporters of the plant and many grew and smoked the stuff. I know they would be pro 2nd amendment when it came to personal protection.

The Drug War imo is one of the 2 biggest scams being run in this country.
The Drug War in some ways is about money. One could also argue that it's also about getting rid of what some people call "human surplus". This is just my theory. Anyone can feel free to correct me. This is just a theory of mine. The drug laws start getting stricter in the late 60s to early 70s, right around the time the industrial jobs in this nation start to be less and less. More and more people not working. There are some who might not consider these persons useful for anything, so it might be a matter of "what do we do with these persons?". What I'm saying is that some people find it easier to lock people up than to create jobs. And prisons are actually big business. That's just a theory.

Old 11-07-2013, 10:59 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,271,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
To sum it up, this is what it's all about. It is about Black people not being allowed to just be individuals, for one's individual merit to be important. It is about Black people being forced to answer for the stupidity of those who happen to look like them. Okay, there are many Black criminals out there. No Black people I know would deny the crime among many Blacks.

However, the problem is that when a Black person commits a crime, it is not "he committed a crime because he's a criminal or he's mentally ill". When a Black person commits a crime, it is attributed to "he did it because he's Black and that's what Blacks do". I don't believe in such illogical thinking. What about the Black people who don't commit crimes, the Blacks who are hardworking, decent, and God-fearing? What is attributed to their decent behavior? No one ever asks that.

That is because according to some, they do not exist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies