Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2013, 10:02 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,463,404 times

Advertisements

Not bad if those are the "TOP FIVE" inaccuracies. It's number one at the box office this weekend, cost $30 million to make and is expected to do better than $25 million this weekend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2013, 10:04 PM

32,062 posts, read 15,058,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
I find it funny when the hollywood left makes a movie on politics, they have to fill it with inaccuracies. The left doesn't need a Joseph Goebbels, they have Hollywood.

Top 5 Inaccuracies in 'The Butler'
It's just a movie. It wasn't meant to be political until someone on the right decided it was

Old 08-18-2013, 01:24 AM

1,796 posts, read 1,661,590 times
The first three aren't really inaccurate, and in any case, it's not a documentary. It's easy to understand why four and five were dramatized to increase viewer interest.

Old 08-18-2013, 01:42 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,669,981 times
I don't have a problem with movies not being accurate in presentation. What I have a problem with is stupid people who believe what they see in movies and who think actors' personal lives and opinions bear repeating and emulating.

I realize it's hard to believe but a lot of people actually think reality shows and even documentaries are real. I never would have guessed how dumbed down America could become.

Old 08-18-2013, 11:49 AM

5,734 posts, read 3,252,087 times
ummm....cite please?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
Contrary to my normal behavior, I followed the link to Breitbart.

At a minimum, their # 1, 2, and 3 are lies.

Just to point out the issue about Reagan, he supported the South African apartheid system, he supported tax breaks for racist institutions like Bob Jones "University", he kicked off his campaign with a paean to states' rights (code word for racism and segregation) in Philadelphia, Mississippi, where civil rights workers were murdered, and he constantly made racist attacks on public assistance recipients.

Two and three are also lies.

Old 08-18-2013, 11:51 AM

yet those so called "racist" republicans got the civil rights act passed.
Oh thats right, turn a blind eye to the KKK member of your party.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I don't care what they say...there is one irrefutable fact that they'd better get used to:

Lyndon Johnson is THE MOST IMPORTANT political figure in the history of the Civil Rights movement with Earl Warren bringing up the rear.

He was the most courageous, most insightful, most willing to go against everything he was raised to believe, most prescient...etc

I don't care about the Democratic Party's position at the time. Republicans showed no more courage and willingness to do the right thing at the time outside of casting votes.

Old 08-18-2013, 11:52 AM

Their supposed to be but when they set a political tone, especially when it starts to get close to election time,
it's pretty obvious that there is an agenda.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
You do realize that most movies are make believe, even ones based on historical events.

The "300" Spartans never fought against a 8 foot drag queen and masked ninjas who threw molotov cocktails.

Old 08-18-2013, 11:56 AM

15,823 posts, read 12,463,404 times
Quote:
Their supposed to be but when they set a political tone, especially when it starts to get close to election time,
it's pretty obvious that there is an agenda.
Close to election time? The last Presidential election was less than year ago and the next is in 3 years.

Old 08-18-2013, 02:47 PM

5,466 posts, read 4,422,314 times
Quote:
I find it funny when the hollywood left makes a movie on politics, they have to fill it with inaccuracies. The left doesn't need a Joseph Goebbels, they have Hollywood.

Top 5 Inaccuracies in 'The Butler'
Yea, you got that right. They seem to forget that they are "the rich". I wonder since they make out being rich as being the bad guy then why is it that Hollywood doesn't give up their money? Why don't they just act for movies for free.

HYPOCRITES.

Old 08-18-2013, 02:48 PM

5,466 posts, read 4,422,314 times
what's left out is the voting record on the historic Civil Rights Act. Turns out "80 percent of the “no” votes in the Senate came from Democrats, including the late Robert Byrd (W.Va.) and Albert Gore (Tenn.), father of the vice president," so Republicans teamed up with President Johnson to pass the legislation.

LOLOL

GORE -> That southern boy is a HYPOCRITE
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies