Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2013, 10:01 PM

2,745 posts, read 3,958,276 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Let's settle this once and for all. Hey God! Big doofus in the sky! I reject you. Kill me tonight. If I don't post tomorrow then it proves you exist to all these non believers.
Yep. That's how it works. Obviously. Brilliant post if you are under the age of 7.

Old 08-17-2013, 10:04 PM

5,993 posts, read 3,732,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
I was referring to the posters above telling their war stories about the constant zealots pounding on their doors day and night trying to get them to conform.

How do you put them back in their place? You beat em up?
No. I'm not one for physical violence. I enjoy getting into debates with them on the existence of their god. To date they've never been able to prove one exists, let alone that we were "created" through "intelligent design". They seem genuinely baffled by science and logic. It's funny.

Old 08-17-2013, 10:04 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,228,194 times
Quote:
It appears so.

"In 2004, scholars at UCLA revealed that college students involved in religious activities are likely to have better mental health. In 2006, population researchers at the University of Texas discovered that the more often you go to church, the longer you live. In the same year researchers at Duke University in America discovered that religious people have stronger immune systems than the irreligious. They also established that churchgoers have lower blood pressure.

Meanwhile in 2009 a team of Harvard psychologists discovered that believers who checked into hospital with broken hips reported less depression, had shorter hospital stays, and could hobble further when they left hospital – as compared to their similarly crippled but heathen fellow-sufferers.

The list goes on. In the last few years scientists have revealed that believers, compared to non-believers, have better outcomes from breast cancer, coronary disease, mental illness, Aids, and rheumatoid arthritis. Believers even get better results from IVF. Likewise, believers also report greater levels of happiness, are less likely to commit suicide, and cope with stressful events much better. Believers also have more kids.

What’s more, these benefits are visible even if you adjust for the fact that believers are less likely to smoke, drink or take drugs. And let’s not forget that religious people are nicer.They certainly give more money to charity than atheists, who are, according to the very latest survey, the meanest of all.

So which is the smart party, here? Is it the atheists, who live short, selfish, stunted little lives – often childless – before they approach hopeless death in despair, and their worthless corpses are chucked in a trench (or, if they are wrong, they go to Hell)? Or is it the believers, who live longer, happier, healthier, more generous lives, and who have more kids, and who go to their quietus with ritual dignity, expecting to be greeted by a smiling and benevolent God?"

Are atheists mentally ill? – Telegraph Blogs
Biased and false. The same exact argument can be made for BOTH sides. Replace atheists with theists and you'll have the SAME argument.

Better question is - are YOU mentally ill?

Old 08-17-2013, 10:05 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,461,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgiafrog View Post
Yep. That's how it works. Obviously. Brilliant post if you are under the age of 7.
God made me do it for he is my creator and is all powerful.

Old 08-17-2013, 10:07 PM

6,331 posts, read 5,209,300 times
Are atheists mentally ill?

Didn't your God preach non judgement??

I guess you reject your God's own words.

Who is the mentally ill one??

Old 08-17-2013, 10:10 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,000,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
Biased and false. The same exact argument can be made for BOTH sides. Replace atheists with theists and you'll have the SAME argument.

Better question is - are YOU mentally ill?
Yet another who feels the need to attack me personally. I guess when you got nothing else on to attacks like a true liberal.

Old 08-17-2013, 10:11 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,000,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
Are atheists mentally ill?

Didn't your God preach non judgement??

I guess you reject your God's own words.

Who is the mentally ill one??
In chimes the chorus...........

Old 08-17-2013, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Yet another who feels the need to attack me personally. I guess when you got nothing else on to attacks like a true liberal.
Your thread attacks an entire group, yet you cry when they throw it back at you.

If you can't take the heat stay out of the kitchen. Man up.

Old 08-17-2013, 10:13 PM

Quote:
In chimes the chorus...........
So you basically disregard the words of your own God.

That sounds like some kind of derangement.

I will worship you god, but I can't agree with you.

Old 08-17-2013, 10:13 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,471,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
If my husband had to pick a religion it would be Buddhism. Does your wife practice her faith. And I could never live in the bible belt. lol
In her personal life and approaches to it, yes she does. As for living here, piece of cake after the left coast.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies