Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2013, 02:15 PM

5,563 posts, read 4,247,516 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25
Show me some data. Your opinion means nothing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supine View Post
I tried to rep this. Best post I've read today.
And yet ...

Quote:
But as I said before... I would not associate atheists with good people,
because only about 1% of them are, the 99% seem to be bad people and some of
them even are worse than bad an are evil.
Posted twice without a shred of data.

Are religious people completely without a sense of embarrassment?

Old 08-20-2013, 02:19 PM

41,478 posts, read 59,608,382 times
Amazing! 634 posts debating nonsense.

Old 08-20-2013, 02:20 PM

33,507 posts, read 18,036,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Good grief, I am catholic and even I know we evolved from apes.
You may say you are catholic but you are not a believer.

God didn't say he evolved man from an ape.

Old 08-20-2013, 02:23 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,532,074 times
ATHEISM
  • "During the Reign of Terror, France was declared to be a nation of atheists by the National Assembly. But a brief experience convinced them that a nation of atheists could not long exist.
  • Robespierre then proclaimed in the Convention that belief in the existence of God was necessary to the principles of virtue and morality on which the Republic was founded. And on the 7th of May, the national representatives voted by acclamation that “the French people acknowledged the existence of the Supreme Being and the immortality of the soul.”1
CONSTITUTION
  • Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other. -John Adams (6th President of the U.S.)
Quotes About Religion and Government | Christian Apologetics and Research Ministry

Old 08-20-2013, 02:37 PM

1,999 posts, read 2,462,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Nice quotes there Jaymax, what a wonderful religion that is, actually all three of those coming from the Middle East
What a pity Europe and thus all its former colonies got infected by that primitive virus Would have been much better if Europe had become atheist or at least Buddhist or Jainist by the 14th century...
You may be an accepted teacher for an enormous number of Catholic women today. But you'll have more difficult time persuading the Evangelical Protestant women. Unlike contemporary Catholic women Protestant female Evangelicals are less likely to accept your bag of coins you toss to them for their kiss on the cheek of Jesus (or Madonna).

But unfortunately for you... your greatest challenge will come from the ever faithful Muslim women, who no doubt, will be seated equestrian and beautiful, leading armies of men in the great battle against the minions of Satan.

Return of the King: The Great Battle - Arrival of Rohan - YouTube
Lord of the rings: Two Towers | Battle of Helmsdeep HD - YouTube

Prayer of St Michael - YouTube

Old 08-20-2013, 02:45 PM

27,625 posts, read 21,053,594 times
Quote:
You may be an accepted teacher for an enormous number of Catholic women today. But you'll have more difficult time persuading the Evangelical Protestant women. Unlike contemporary Catholic women Protestant female Evangelicals are less likely to accept your bag of coins you toss to them for their kiss on the cheek of Jesus (or Madonna).

But unfortunately for you... your greatest challenge will come from the ever faithful Muslim women, who no doubt, will be seated equestrian and beautiful, leading armies of men in the great battle against the minions of Satan.
What a waste of bandwidth

Okay you support subservience in women...we get it.

Old 08-20-2013, 02:47 PM

4,837 posts, read 4,156,159 times
Enough with the dragged out posts that have nothing to do with anything. Stop taking up space.

Old 08-20-2013, 02:52 PM

1,111 posts, read 1,320,770 times
Can't handle reading all 52 pages of this thread, especially when all the way back on page one someone already tried to turn this into a Dem vs Repub "us vs them" thread.

As to the OP, the quote from the blog is ludicrous. Religious people are nicer than atheists? Such a statement could never be proven. I know plenty of atheists who are extremely nice and charitable. I know plenty of Christians who are judgmental, greedy and mean. Yes it works both ways, but it works all ways. Persons are persons, you can't determine a person by the action of a people.

Then you have the atheists talking about how dumb Christians are. Everyone is of the understanding that the universe had a beginning, no one KNOWS how it started. I've never understood how the people who ultimately believe everything is born of coincidence can call into question the logic of people who believe that everything was created, or vice versa.

Old 08-20-2013, 02:54 PM

1,999 posts, read 2,462,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
Impressive how you dodged her question about proof of that silly assertion. And no, data that you derive from your derriere doesn't count.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
And yet ...

Posted twice without a shred of data.

Are religious people completely without a sense of embarrassment?
I don't need any data. For example, I live in the inner-city, I don't need any data to know a lot of people in the inner-city end up doing time in jail, prison, or on probation/parole. From personal experience in my neighborhood I can surmise about 90% to 99% of the men between ages 24ish and 45ish have felonies.

I don't need data to know if a gay priest has a "Twink" fetish (gay slang) he'll likely end up eventually sleeping with or coming on to a teenage boy.

Likewise... I don't need any data about atheist as I can trust my abundant experiences with atheists online.

By the way, if you're a male or female feminist, I subscribe to the theory of Sexual Selection in evolution. Hehe. Haha. As that theory contradicts male and female feminists dogma that females do not discriminate but males are extraordinary picky. The atheist, feminist, jump out the wood work to cry, "That's books and science and not the 'real world'" line they like to toss around anytime data or science contradicts their ideological opinions.

So, you might say I'm "living in the 'real world'" about atheists.

Hey, don't get mad at me if the vast majority of atheists are bad people. I didn't make them bad. That was their choice to become sucky people.

Old 08-20-2013, 02:58 PM

5,563 posts, read 4,247,516 times
Quote:
I don't need any data. For example, I live in the inner-city, I don't need any data to know a lot of people in the inner-city end up doing time in jail, prison, or on probation/parole. From personal experience in my neighborhood I can surmise about 90% to 99% of the men between ages 24ish and 45ish have felonies.

I don't need data to know if a gay priest has a "Twink" fetish (gay slang) he'll likely end up eventually sleeping with or coming on to a teenage boy.

Likewise... I don't need any data about atheist as I can trust my abundant experiences with atheists online.

By the way, if you're a male or female feminist, I subscribe to the theory of Sexual Selection in evolution. Hehe. Haha. As that theory contradicts male and female feminists dogma that females do not discriminate but males are extraordinary picky. The atheist, feminist, jump out the wood work to cry, "That's books and science and not the 'real world'" line they like to toss around anytime data or science contradicts their ideological opinions.

So, you might say I'm "living in the 'real world'" about atheists.

Hey, don't get mad at me if the vast majority of atheists are bad people. I didn't make them bad. That was their choice to become sucky people.
You insist 99% of atheists are evil and you don't need data to prove it?

Good thing I'm not the kind of person to suggest that religious people are unintelligent. Because your statements certainly make me wonder about you personally.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies