Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2013, 09:40 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,126,416 times

Advertisements

Devvy Kidd -- Who will stop rampant police brutality in America?

"Six children from Chicago are gonna remember this night as one of their most traumatizing experiences. The kids, aged 11 months to 13 years at the time, were rehearsing songs for the church choir with their grandmother Charlene Holly when eight armed officers burst through the door and started aiming guns at them, yelling “get on the ground!”.

"One of the cops even asked Charlene to show the 11 month old’s hands to them at gunpoint. When she asked for the reason of the raid, she was handed a warrant for Sedgwick M. Reavers, the tenant of the apartment one floor above the Hollys. The warrant clearly stated ‘The second floor apartment located at 10640 S. Prairie Ave. A yellow brick two flat building with the numbers 10640 on the front of the building.’ but the cops broke into the first floor apartment, cursing at the minors and telling them “This is what happens when your grandma sells crack”. After the raid, Charlene found their family dog Samson dead in the upstairs laundry room, where he was presumably dragged to with a dog pole by one of the officers. The family kept Samson in the basement and he couldn't have reached the laundry room on his own."

Who's gonna stand up to stop Police brutality?

Old 08-18-2013, 10:03 AM

Police Brutality Female Reporter Gets Beaten Now Needs Shoulder Surgery - YouTube

Old 08-18-2013, 04:30 PM

45,579 posts, read 27,180,466 times
My hunch is that someone amongst the feds is pushing for this behavior.

Think about it.

The brutality occurs. The incidents are splashed amongst the various media venues for maximum effect. We never hear of punishments for that behavior. Even the uniforms are more like SWAT teams.

Somebody wants an over aggressive police force. Someone wants people scared of the police.

Old 08-18-2013, 09:23 PM

It wouldn't surprise me.

My thing is that justice should be dealt out no matter the uniform. Some things you just don't do and they have more to do with the mindset of the officer than the reactionary tactics they're using. Some officers are dangerous on the force whether its from performance or personality/morality. We need to get those people off the force and more peaceful officers into the ranks. We don't need a tyrannical government.

Highest incarceration rates in the world.

Old 08-18-2013, 11:42 PM

255 posts, read 219,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
My hunch is that someone amongst the feds is pushing for this behavior.

Think about it.

The brutality occurs. The incidents are splashed amongst the various media venues for maximum effect. We never hear of punishments for that behavior. Even the uniforms are more like SWAT teams.

Somebody wants an over aggressive police force. Someone wants people scared of the police.
The writing on the wall shows that we are being trained to be fearful or complacent before a complete police state is set up.

Old 08-18-2013, 11:44 PM

255 posts, read 219,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
It wouldn't surprise me.

My thing is that justice should be dealt out no matter the uniform. Some things you just don't do and they have more to do with the mindset of the officer than the reactionary tactics they're using. Some officers are dangerous on the force whether its from performance or personality/morality. We need to get those people off the force and more peaceful officers into the ranks. We don't need a tyrannical government.

Highest incarceration rates in the world.
I also think that police officers should be subject to mandatory random psych evaluations. Unfortunately there will always be people that become cops for the power and force that the badge carries. I think police will become less forceful when they are met with equal force by the law-abiding citizens.

Old 08-19-2013, 04:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheLookout View Post
I also think that police officers should be subject to mandatory random psych evaluations. Unfortunately there will always be people that become cops for the power and force that the badge carries. I think police will become less forceful when they are met with equal force by the law-abiding citizens.
I agree with you. I also think they should do more during the hiring process to check the background of those individuals.

They should have to have extensive references verifying their moral makeup and personality. I think that would do something to help weed out the bad ones.

Old 08-19-2013, 04:58 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,240,412 times
Quote:

"Six children from Chicago are gonna remember this night as one of their most traumatizing experiences. The kids, aged 11 months to 13 years at the time, were rehearsing songs for the church choir with their grandmother Charlene Holly when eight armed officers burst through the door and started aiming guns at them, yelling “get on the ground!”.

"One of the cops even asked Charlene to show the 11 month old’s hands to them at gunpoint. When she asked for the reason of the raid, she was handed a warrant for Sedgwick M. Reavers, the tenant of the apartment one floor above the Hollys. The warrant clearly stated ‘The second floor apartment located at 10640 S. Prairie Ave. A yellow brick two flat building with the numbers 10640 on the front of the building.’ but the cops broke into the first floor apartment, cursing at the minors and telling them “This is what happens when your grandma sells crack”. After the raid, Charlene found their family dog Samson dead in the upstairs laundry room, where he was presumably dragged to with a dog pole by one of the officers. The family kept Samson in the basement and he couldn't have reached the laundry room on his own."

I haven't been beaten up lately, well, not by cops ever, so, I don't know wtf you're talking about.

But, whenever I've been stopped for traffic offenses, I am polite, respectful and it's yes sir/no sir and no maam and yes maam, so you get back what you give out. You attract more bees with honey than with salt.

Old 08-19-2013, 06:13 AM

3,382 posts, read 4,080,427 times
Quote:

Because the police went to the wrong location it doesn't make it brutality. It means they made a terrible mistake and are liable for it.

Old 08-19-2013, 06:44 AM

45,230 posts, read 26,437,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhawkins74 View Post
Because the police went to the wrong location it doesn't make it brutality. It means they made a terrible mistake and are liable for it.
Shooting the dog wasnt brutality?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies