U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 11-25-2007, 04:54 PM
 
240 posts, read 351,146 times
Reputation: 83

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
The spirit of your post shows that the Corporate World has not hardened your heart.

You are not alone, friend....
Ooohhhh, ty, i like your comment.

 
Old 11-25-2007, 04:58 PM
 
19,183 posts, read 28,376,156 times
Reputation: 4002
How doth the little crocodile
Improve his shining tail,
And pour the waters of the Nile
On every golden scale!
How cheefully he seems to grin!
How neatly spread his claws,
And welcomes little fishes in
With gently smiling jaws!
-- Lewis Carroll

Beware the Jabberwock, my son...
 
Old 11-25-2007, 04:59 PM
 
Location: Brentwood, TN
8,000 posts, read 17,097,500 times
Reputation: 12328
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
what poop club...how come I don't know about it...
ok, that's it, I'm sueing....or suing?

what ever....

how do I get there?

Creme, I don't beleive it, your not a member yet?? It was started by Shuke too!!!! I'll DM you the link. It's the official club for "People Offended by Offended People" aka POOP
 
Old 11-25-2007, 05:08 PM
Status: "Summer!" (set 17 days ago)
 
Location: Foot of the Rockies
86,996 posts, read 102,568,112 times
Reputation: 33059
During the time all this happens, a lot of people rack up debt they can barely afford to pay, and add pounds from overeating, all in the name of Christmas. Shouldn't this be more of a concern for Christians to tackle? I would think poor stewardship of money and junking up the body is a much bigger problem for Christians than whether or not the person selling them the excess gifts and food finishes the transaction with a Merry Christmas.

People who rack up consumer debt at Christmas usually do so all year long as well, ditto for overeating. Nothing in any Christian religion with which I am familiar says that people 'need' or 'should' do these things. Christianity is not really about lifestyle.
 
Old 11-25-2007, 07:05 PM
 
19,183 posts, read 28,376,156 times
Reputation: 4002
Quote:
Originally Posted by pittnurse70 View Post
Christianity is not really about lifestyle.
It used to be. Poverty, stewardship, charity. Didn't do much for attendance after a while though, so now it's okay to make as big a pile as you want by raping the land and then keeping it all for yourself.

Christian Values Now and Then: A Tale of the Fabulous Flip-Floppers

[Joyous National Parfait Day, everybody...]
 
Old 11-25-2007, 07:12 PM
 
Location: Arizona
5,396 posts, read 7,068,718 times
Reputation: 1197
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
The spirit of your post shows that the Corporate World has not hardened your heart.

You are not alone, friend....
But please don't try to take any of our tax paying dollars to help those in need in our society. We have to say "bah humbug" to that, due to our preference to let all the poor and sick suffer so they can learn to be self-achievers and be successful....either that or we can throw them in the slammer, one or the other.

Otherwise, Merry Christmas , little Timmy!!
 
Old 11-25-2007, 08:25 PM
Status: "Summer!" (set 17 days ago)
 
Location: Foot of the Rockies
86,996 posts, read 102,568,112 times
Reputation: 33059
Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
It used to be. Poverty, stewardship, charity. Didn't do much for attendance after a while though, so now it's okay to make as big a pile as you want by raping the land and then keeping it all for yourself.

Christian Values Now and Then: A Tale of the Fabulous Flip-Floppers

[Joyous National Parfait Day, everybody...]
Those were vows taken by people going into the preisthood and nunneries. Christianity is about faith. Christians believe they are saved by the grace of God, not by 'good works'. The church is for sinners, not saints. The church has no business telling people how to spend their money or how to eat.

Last edited by Katarina Witt; 11-25-2007 at 08:53 PM.. Reason: Remove something
 
Old 11-25-2007, 08:52 PM
 
Location: Earth
24,639 posts, read 24,822,206 times
Reputation: 11318
texas, if you read my post it states that I celebrate the winter solstice elsewhere. But why would what I wrote matter in your response to me?
 
Old 11-25-2007, 09:05 PM
 
Location: Near Manito
19,520 posts, read 20,898,162 times
Reputation: 13855
Quote:
Originally Posted by bily4 View Post
But please don't try to take any of our tax paying dollars to help those in need in our society. We have to say "bah humbug" to that, due to our preference to let all the poor and sick suffer so they can learn to be self-achievers and be successful....either that or we can throw them in the slammer, one or the other.

Otherwise, Merry Christmas , little Timmy!!
I'm sorry that it seems to have hardened yours, Uncle.
 
Old 11-25-2007, 09:07 PM
 
Location: Near Manito
19,520 posts, read 20,898,162 times
Reputation: 13855
Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
How doth the little crocodile
Improve his shining tail,
And pour the waters of the Nile
On every golden scale!
How cheefully he seems to grin!
How neatly spread his claws,
And welcomes little fishes in
With gently smiling jaws!
-- Lewis Carroll

Beware the Jabberwock, my son...
Behold the frumious Bandersnatch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top