Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2013, 01:54 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,910,529 times

Advertisements

Watch the doc and the tell me how they could be misconstrued...

A reviewer from IMDB said it better than I will...

Quote:
As to the scientists that say "He took me out of context" I don't honestly see how anything they said could be taken out of context, unless right before they began rolling they said "And I mean the complete opposite of what I'm saying right now."*
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2013, 01:57 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,562,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
Watch the doc and the tell me how they could be misconstrued...

A reviewer from IMDB said it better than I will...
Haha, hilarious. Sorry, but I'll take the word of the 18 scientists who insist they were misquoted. Ever heard of editing?

Old 08-19-2013, 01:59 PM

8,982 posts, read 10,461,212 times
Quote:
Please burn your strawman...not once have I mentioned....or even IMPLIED anything about homosexuals.
Point taken. I got you mixed up with one of the anti-gays who came here to spout his/her propaganda about "diseased perverts."

I do, however, still wonder what exactly the point of this thread is. Are you pleased or not that there is
less discussion of HIV in the media these days? Do you think there should be more or less?

And further to your AIDS denialism: how do you explain the blue line? Why did the number of yearly AIDS deaths suddenly plummet after 1996?

Old 08-19-2013, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
Point taken. I got you mixed up with one of the anti-gays who came here to spout his/her propaganda about "diseased perverts."

I do, however, still wonder what exactly the point of this thread is. Are you pleased or not that there is
less discussion of HIV in the media these days? Do you think there should be more or less?

And further to your AIDS denialism: how do you explain the blue line? Why did the number of yearly AIDS deaths suddenly plummet after 1996?

I am not pleased because I believe that the reason there is less discussion is because they were treating a phantom disease. And rather than allowing scientific process to explore the other questions...the scientific community has closed it's doors. Along with the consumer public who has subscribed to the only explanation regardless of it not being scientifically proven.

I believe we have been misled for a cash cow.

Old 08-19-2013, 02:38 PM

4,837 posts, read 4,167,245 times
Quote:
I am not pleased because I believe that the reason there is less discussion is because they were treating a phantom disease. And rather than allowing scientific process to explore the other questions...the scientific community has closed it's doors. Along with the consumer public who has subscribed to the only explanation regardless of it not being scientifically proven.

Like I said before, think about my scenario I provided for you. Still think AIDS doesn't exist?

It's like that scene in "Erin Brockovich" where she's going up with the board people of the polluters. After these people denied there was anything toxic with the water of the town, Erin challenged them to drink the water in the glasses in front of them, then let them know it was water out of the taps. They declined to drink it. Funny, hey?

Old 08-19-2013, 02:46 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,821,176 times
There are still outreach campaigns. I drove by about 3 billboards today about getting tested today.

Old 08-19-2013, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Haha, hilarious. Sorry, but I'll take the word of the 18 scientists who insist they were misquoted. Ever heard of editing?
Did you watch the doc? These scientists have never clarified themselves

Old 08-19-2013, 02:49 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,821,176 times
Quote:

I will be honest and state the reason you don't see the outreach is more than likely because you are a white male and therefore not affected by HIV/AIDS like black American and the LGBT community still are (though on much lower levels).

There is a lot of outreach here in Atlanta specifically about HIV/AIDS and there are always campaigns to get people tested and to make people aware that HIV is no longer a death sentence and for family members to be accepting of people who have HIV/AIDS.

Oddly enough, we have a rise in the elderly population due to them being "old school" and getting it on without protection in their old age. Many think they are too old to get HIV/AIDS. In my line of work, our resident services teams educate many in our elder community about HIV/AIDS and other STDs since that population has rising rates of infections.

Old 08-19-2013, 02:49 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,562,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
Like I said before, think about my scenario I provided for you. Still think AIDS doesn't exist?

It's like that scene in "Erin Brockovich" where she's going up with the board people of the polluters. After these people denied there was anything toxic with the water of the town, Erin challenged them to drink the water in the glasses in front of them, then let them know it was water out of the taps. They declined to drink it. Funny, hey?
Exactly. I wonder if these jokers would "put their money where their mouth is"?

"Doctor, don't worry, you don't need to test that blood before my transfusion, I don't believe there's such a thing as AIDS".

Quote:
Did you watch the doc? These scientists have never clarified themselves
Yes they did in the 2 articles I posted.

Old 08-19-2013, 03:03 PM

4,837 posts, read 4,167,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Exactly. I wonder if these jokers would "put their money where their mouth is"?

"Doctor, don't worry, you don't need to test that blood before my transfusion, I don't believe there's such a thing as AIDS".

Yes, and "I'm invincible!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies