Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2013, 09:22 PM

4,538 posts, read 4,808,508 times

Advertisements

Despite supporting Mubarak for decades, the US abandoned him and threw its support behind the Muslim Brotherhood when Mubarak rejected US attempts to establish military bases inside the country and seize control of Egypt’s communications networks.

Mohamed Morsi has overseen the implementation of a dictatorship in Egypt that rivals that crafted by his autocratic predecessor. After enshrining Shariah law in the newly drafted constitution, Morsi granted himself sweeping powers to introduce any law and made himself immune from judicial oversight.

Unlike in Syria, where a militant-led insurrection was hyped as a democratic uprising, the largest mass protest in human history over the last few days in Egypt has been met with deafening silence from the White House.

Egyptians are fully cognizant of the fact that the Obama administration played a key role in contriving the revolution that toppled former President Mubarak.

Signs held by protesters include, “Wake up America, Obama backs a fascist regime in Egypt,” “Obama Supports Terrorism,” and “Obama Your ***** is Our Dictator.” The signs also condemn the role of Anne Patterson, the US Ambassador to Egypt.

Prison Planet.com » Egyptian Protesters Blame Obama For Morsi Dictatorship
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2013, 10:19 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,796,855 times
You really think this is about that. This is about electing a person in these economic hard times and opposition using the gas rise price and other economic bad times to throw the opposition. Its no different than we are seeing in Euorpe but they do not just take to streets in sufficient numbers to do the same. They believe in elections .But they still can not get sufficient support to form a government hardly that last in Italy or others. Not say the muslim brotherhood is good but they did win a democratic election and this sets the stage for same happening again. Its called instability and will effect the economy as always with investors they really need after the other over throw. We didn't elect this guy they did and now looking to point the finger elsewhere. Its the same with humans always.

Old 08-08-2013, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAMERCAT View Post
Despite supporting Mubarak for decades, the US abandoned him and threw its support behind the Muslim Brotherhood when Mubarak rejected US attempts to establish military bases inside the country and seize control of Egypt’s communications networks.

Mohamed Morsi has overseen the implementation of a dictatorship in Egypt that rivals that crafted by his autocratic predecessor. After enshrining Shariah law in the newly drafted constitution, Morsi granted himself sweeping powers to introduce any law and made himself immune from judicial oversight.

Unlike in Syria, where a militant-led insurrection was hyped as a democratic uprising, the largest mass protest in human history over the last few days in Egypt has been met with deafening silence from the White House.

Egyptians are fully cognizant of the fact that the Obama administration played a key role in contriving the revolution that toppled former President Mubarak.

Signs held by protesters include, “Wake up America, Obama backs a fascist regime in Egypt,” “Obama Supports Terrorism,” and “Obama Your ***** is Our Dictator.” The signs also condemn the role of Anne Patterson, the US Ambassador to Egypt.

Is a bud of a bud, OUR bud? That is, if Al Qaeda is a bud of the Muslim Brotherhood, who we supported, so I think that makes them our bud, is Al Qaeda our bud? If so, can we all just smoke the hooka together and plan our jihad together in peace?

Old 08-08-2013, 09:33 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,809,849 times
Oh I get it now- The gentle progressive liberals are actually little power tripping war mongers...Don't let me have a base in your nation? Then I will side with the bad guys...so there> How damned immature.

Old 08-08-2013, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Oh I get it now- The gentle progressive liberals are actually little power tripping war mongers...Don't let me have a base in your nation? Then I will side with the bad guys...so there> How damned immature.
Yes, you are.

Old 08-15-2013, 02:55 PM

Well, isn't this coming back to bite Obama in the ass?

Protesters storm Cairo building after bloodbath, US to review Egypt aid - chicagotribune.com

Old 08-15-2013, 03:32 PM

563 posts, read 806,839 times
Wouldn't understand why he'd do that, as now he can't even install the bases, and I question if the Muslim Brotherhood would actually let that happen.

Old 08-15-2013, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by never-more View Post
Wouldn't understand why he'd do that, as now he can't even install the bases, and I question if the Muslim Brotherhood would actually let that happen.
It would appear that our 'military aid' comes with 'strings', or perhaps 'ropes' attached.

Old 08-15-2013, 09:07 PM

17,441 posts, read 9,256,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAMERCAT View Post
That bit about the USA trying to establish bases and take over Egypt's communications - Mubarak giving an interview that names this as the reason he 'voluntarily stepped down' - is total nonsense from very dubious sources. Your own link states that Mubarak's lawyer said this interview never happened and that Mubarak said no such thing.

Murbarak didn't willingly step down - it was a Coup by the Military and it was orchestrated by the Obama Administration. They might not have stated it, but they sure pushed it. The Military jumped at the chance to remove Mubarak because he was insisting that his son would be his replacement -- the Military was very against the son of Mubarak. All the hoopla and high fives after Mubarak was deposed - the wonderful Arab Spring (where Lara Logan was gang raped in Tahrir Square) - Hillary Clinton (Secretary of State), Susan Rice (US Ambassador to the UN, now National Security Advisor) & Samantha Power (genocide expert to the President and now US Ambassador to the UN) were behind this - just as they were behind the great SAVE Libya and Benghazi operation.

I'm not saying they all wanted the Muslim Brotherhood to take over Egypt - but they certainly should have all known that was exactly what would happen. It's their business to know. If I knew all that, there is no excuse for them to not understand it. Life in the real world is a bit different than Elite Gatherings in University Faculty parties and Inside the Beltway wine bars - where they discuss and speculate what it would take to make a "Perfect World" in their view.

Old 08-15-2013, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
That bit about the USA trying to establish bases and take over Egypt's communications - Mubarak giving an interview that names this as the reason he 'voluntarily stepped down' - is total nonsense from very dubious sources. Your own link states that Mubarak's lawyer said this interview never happened and that Mubarak said no such thing.

Murbarak didn't willingly step down - it was a Coup by the Military and it was orchestrated by the Obama Administration. They might not have stated it, but they sure pushed it. The Military jumped at the chance to remove Mubarak because he was insisting that his son would be his replacement -- the Military was very against the son of Mubarak. All the hoopla and high fives after Mubarak was deposed - the wonderful Arab Spring (where Lara Logan was gang raped in Tahrir Square) - Hillary Clinton (Secretary of State), Susan Rice (US Ambassador to the UN, now National Security Advisor) & Samantha Power (genocide expert to the President and now US Ambassador to the UN) were behind this - just as they were behind the great SAVE Libya and Benghazi operation.

I'm not saying they all wanted the Muslim Brotherhood to take over Egypt - but they certainly should have all known that was exactly what would happen. It's their business to know. If I knew all that, there is no excuse for them to not understand it. Life in the real world is a bit different than Elite Gatherings in University Faculty parties and Inside the Beltway wine bars - where they discuss and speculate what it would take to make a "Perfect World" in their view.
I doubt that this happened - 'it was a Coup by the Military and it was orchestrated by the Obama Administration. They might not have stated it, but they sure pushed it.'. Obama doesn't initiate, he reacts. Bush was an initiator, and if it had happened under him, I might have believe that he orchestrated it. Obama is a 'go-along to get along' president. If the US brass told him to arm the Egyptian military for such and such a reason, he might have done it, but someone else is always telling Obama what to do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies