Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2013, 02:13 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,929,539 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
Gun owners don't mind? Really? I hear nothing but all day long from gun owners.
This, and other, gun owners don't mind, but if one us dares say background checks are better than no laws or checks at all we get attacked by our fellow gun owners the scream nonsense about their 2nd A rights being violated. Hey there are nuts in ever segment of our society, responsible gun owners have no problem with background checks and even limiting those with diagnosed mental illnesses that could make them a danger to themselves and others from getting guns legally, will it stop those bent on getting a gun, no, will it stop some of them, more than likely. What else can I say, some believe in rational gun laws, some believe there should be no gun laws and others want to ban them alltogether, the only workable method at this time is the first choice.

Old 08-21-2013, 02:14 PM

4,837 posts, read 4,165,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
Actually, the complaint from gun owners is against the idea that they should do a background check every time they purchase a firearm. But feel free to spin it in any direction you want, as you normally do on this topic. It's entertaining to watch you attempt to twist other people's words around.
Who's twisting? I don't need to twist, it's right out there in the open. Why shouldn't they do a background check everytime? You realize that a person could commit a crime in the time between buying one gun & buying another, right?

Old 08-21-2013, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
This, and other, gun owners don't mind, but if one us dares say background checks are better than no laws or checks at all we get attacked by our fellow gun owners the scream nonsense about their 2nd A rights being violated. Hey there are nuts in ever segment of our society, responsible gun owners have no problem with background checks and even limiting those with diagnosed mental illnesses that could make them a danger to themselves and others from getting guns legally, will it stop those bent on getting a gun, no, will it stop some of them, more than likely. What else can I say, some believe in rational gun laws, some believe there should be no gun laws and others want to ban them alltogether, the only workable method at this time is the first choice.
Agreed!

Old 08-21-2013, 02:28 PM

11,143 posts, read 10,704,481 times
Quote:
Who's twisting? I don't need to twist, it's right out there in the open. Why shouldn't they do a background check everytime? You realize that a person could commit a crime in the time between buying one gun & buying another, right?
You're twisting. Every time you get involved in one of these discussions you do everything in your power to twist the words of gun rights supporters in order to argue with something that they never said. It's okay, though. Like I said, it's rather entertaining - although it does decrease your credibility a bit.

As for the idea of having to do a background check every time a firearm is purchased, what exactly would be wrong with being able to walk into a firearms store with your CCP and purchasing a new firearm? If you are convicted of a crime, your CCP is revoked. There is absolutely no reason to force established firearms owners to pay for a background check and go through a waiting period every single time they decide to purchase a new firearm or upgrade their old one.

Old 08-21-2013, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
You're twisting. Every time you get involved in one of these discussions you do everything in your power to twist the words of gun rights supporters in order to argue with something that they never said. It's okay, though. Like I said, it's rather entertaining - although it does decrease your credibility a bit.

As for the idea of having to do a background check every time a firearm is purchased, what exactly would be wrong with being able to walk into a firearms store with your CCP and purchasing a new firearm? If you are convicted of a crime, your CCP is revoked. There is absolutely no reason to force established firearms owners to pay for a background check and go through a waiting period every single time they decide to purchase a new firearm or upgrade their old one.
Dude, lol, I never get involved in these gun discussions. I don't even know who you are so I'm positive you don't know who I am. You must be thinking of someone else. Sorry to disappoint you.

There's something really bizarre & sad about a person who is against background checks. It's called being thorough. I would think a responsible gun owner would fully support that. Considering how all of you do nothing but yap about how responsible you all are.

Old 08-21-2013, 02:59 PM

10,581 posts, read 9,779,270 times
Quote:
There's something really bizarre & sad about a person who is against background checks.
There's something pathetic about a person who is FOR background checks... thus believing that it's OK to give government "a little bit" of authority to decide who can have guns and who can't, and believing that government WON'T use that as a spring board to take a little more authority, and then a little more, etc. etc... in a species where taking more and more authority is the ONLY thing government ever does with any consistency.

Old 08-21-2013, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
There's something pathetic about a person who is FOR background checks... thus believing that it's OK to give government "a little bit" of authority to decide who can have guns and who can't, and believing that government WON'T use that as a spring board to take a little more authority, and then a little more, etc. etc... in a species where taking more and more authority is the ONLY thing government ever does with any consistency.
We do backgrounds checks at work & that's simply to get a job. You can bet your a*s I support background checks for someone to purchase a weapon that is specifically made only to kill. Amazing how it's such a simple concept yet so hard for some to understand.

Old 08-21-2013, 03:26 PM

46,259 posts, read 27,074,383 times
Quote:
Gun owners don't mind? Really? I hear nothing but all day long from gun owners.
We do back ground checks....where have you been?

What about the criminals?

Why do you keep dodging that question? How are you going to get criminals to do back ground check?

Old 08-21-2013, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
We do back ground checks....where have you been?

What about the criminals?

Why do you keep dodging that question? How are you going to get criminals to do back ground check?
I haven't avoided anything. So you have some criminals getting guns off the street, can't do anything about that. However, the less guns out there (courtesy of background checks) the less crime. And remember, it only takes one instance to become a criminal. That criminal today was a perfectly fine citizen yesterday.

Old 08-21-2013, 03:31 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,816,866 times
Quote:
I haven't avoided anything. So you have some criminals getting guns off the street, can't do anything about that. However, the less guns out there (courtesy of background checks) the less crime. And remember, it only takes one instance to become a criminal. That criminal today was a perfectly fine citizen yesterday.
Worst logic ever.

Decreasing the supply of guns owned by non criminals will not decrease the supply of guns owned by criminals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies