Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2013, 12:18 PM

3,417 posts, read 3,072,513 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
How exactly would that make him any different from any other Republican?
it doesn't, but according to the republican talking points, its democrats who are takers, prefer free markets and are 1000% percent is going to be the devil. Quote from Rick Perry: “Seems to me April Fool’s Day is the perfect day to discuss something as foolish as Medicaid expansion, and to remind everyone that Texas will not be held hostage by the Obama administration’s attempt to force us into the fool’s errand of adding more than a million Texans to a broken system,” said Perry. How does rick Perry back up this tough talk on Medicare expansion, but asking for 100 million more dollars for expansion in their Medicaid system for the elderly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2013, 12:23 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,934,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loveshiscountry View Post
don't forget about him wanting to stick needles into children against their parents wishes. Ehh probably just an innocent mistake, i don't think he or anyone close to him stood to gain economically.
rotflmao!

Old 08-21-2013, 12:23 PM

295 posts, read 358,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
I can't imagine why you feel they should be removed from the comparison? Some people may not like the information, but you know, they can't change it.
Exactly. It's a silly exception to try to make since it is Texas contractors and materials suppliers that get the contracts to build and maintain them.

Old 08-21-2013, 12:24 PM

3,417 posts, read 3,072,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
It's not hypocrisy when you use your own money. He was using money Texans paid into the system. It's their money. That's what you refuse to get.
No, its Hypocrisy to criticize a program that he claims is going to hurt people and talk about not wanting to expand a broken Medicaid system, and then asking the government for 100 millions to expand a Medicaid system that is going to help elderly people. What makes it even funnier is that this isn't the first time he is using government money for his state, that will tell anybody to their face that Texas is independent and doesn't need any stickin government. How did he balance his budget one year, by using Obama stimulus money. What happened when they had that fire in west, tx, told everybody that they will ask the government for help.

I have no problem with what he has done in terms of asking for money, but to stand there one day and rail against government and the next day go ask for help in balancing budgets and getting more money for explosions and money for the elderly the next day is hypocritical.

Old 08-21-2013, 12:30 PM

20,458 posts, read 12,378,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
Why do you LWNJs obsess so much about republicans? You've got enough problems with the idiot you elected and your anti-American senators and representatives.

LOL! When you cannot point to the successes of progressives, you are left with screaming about things that don’t exist.

What are the LWNJs gonna do? Talk about how Obama is the greatest creator of PARTIME JOBS in American history?

Wax eloquent about the number of folks on food stamps?

Talk about how wonderful it is that Barak Obama has caused more Americans to become disabled than all the war time presidents of the last 100 years put together?

Tell us how more blacks are in poverty than at any time since before LBJ?

All they have left is some republican governor taking some federal dollars and acting like that is somehow different from all the other thousand men who have been governors in American history.

Old 08-21-2013, 12:35 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,039,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
I can't imagine why you feel they should be removed from the comparison? Some people may not like the information, but you know, they can't change it.
Because Bob they benefit the entire nation. For example we have a B2 base in Missouri that is located there becsue of it's geographic location, you have 660 miles of I-80 running through Nevada which is the major transportation corridor between San Francisco and NYC, all the states along Mississippi get a lot of funding for transporation on the river, New Mexico a liberal leaning state who often tops these lists has numerous federal facilities there.

All these things certainly benefit the local economies but the reason for that funding is they are of great importance to the entire nation. Is that B2 base more important to Missouri or the entire nation?

Old 08-21-2013, 12:38 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,039,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain55 View Post
I'm happy that he is doing it. I got no problem with him using funds to help people. I'm interested in the hypocrisy of it. Rick Perry has been bitching about obamacare since day 1, yet he seems not to have a problem with taking government money when it gets put in his face.
I noticed you or no else has touched my example with the coke, why is that?
Quote:
Let's suppose I take one dollar from you. I offer you a coke in return.

Suppose you want a Pepsi? Suppose you want your dollar back? That's irrelevant becsue I'm offering you a coke, you bought the coke whether you want it or not. If you don't take the coke I'm going to give it to someone else.

Are you a hypocrite if you take the coke and complain about me taking your dollar?

Old 08-21-2013, 02:25 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,934,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post

LOL! When you cannot point to the successes of progressives, you are left with screaming about things that don’t exist.

What are the LWNJs gonna do? Talk about how Obama is the greatest creator of PARTIME JOBS in American history?

Wax eloquent about the number of folks on food stamps?

Talk about how wonderful it is that Barak Obama has caused more Americans to become disabled than all the war time presidents of the last 100 years put together?

Tell us how more blacks are in poverty than at any time since before LBJ?

All they have left is some republican governor taking some federal dollars and acting like that is somehow different from all the other thousand men who have been governors in American history.
Why don't you or one of the RWNJs here tell us how successful the Cons in Washingtoon have been at creating jobs, balancing the budget, getting us out of wars, helping the poor and elderly, patying off the debt or passing a rational budget. You seem to think the problems all lay in the laps of the Libs, meaning you are part of the problem not part of the solution.

Old 08-21-2013, 02:34 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,295,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain55 View Post
I can't wait see how you small government republicans are going to try to spin this story. Hypocrisy at its finest. Rick Perry has bee railing against Obamacare from day 1, well this time, that government money isn't so bad after all:

Obamacare critic Rick Perry seeks cash from law - Kyle Cheney and Maggie Haberman - POLITICO.com

I want you conservative cheerleaders explain to me how this is small government?
I wrote many months ago that EVERY state is going to implement so called Obamacare and take that medicaid money. This is an inevitability. The Governors who refuse the money will either be forced to change their minds or the next Governor will make the change.

Opposing the federal government giving your state billions of dollars to ensure the state's citizens get healthcare is a foolish, disgraceful move.

This is what I wrote early this year in Feb about this exact topic.

conservative governors that don't implement the Medicaid expansion of the healthcare will only have their actions changed by a future governor. This is objective reality.

So how is that winning? It is embarrassing for those current governors.

Every state will eventually take the medicaid expansion. conservative governors are only making their citizens suffer needlessly.

Old 08-21-2013, 02:53 PM

20,458 posts, read 12,378,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Why don't you or one of the RWNJs here tell us how successful the Cons in Washingtoon have been at creating jobs, balancing the budget, getting us out of wars, helping the poor and elderly, patying off the debt or passing a rational budget. You seem to think the problems all lay in the laps of the Libs, meaning you are part of the problem not part of the solution.
hey, you guys have had complete control of congress since 2006. you had congress and the white house from 2008 to 2010 and you have the senate and the whitehouse since 2010.

so republicans have been the little brother for the last 7 years now.

You guys own this mess. you are the ones who need to do the explainning.

How did that Stimulus package you guys passed work out?
How about O-care? hows that going?
you proud of your president being the greatest producer of partime no benifit work in the nations history?

Oh and are we out of GITMO?

What? cant hear you... speak up? you got all that worked out? your guy said he would fix it all if we elected him. we did. then we re-elected him. it still is broke.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies