Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Intelligent Design?
Yes, teach it along with Evolution 22 15.28%
No, teach only Evolution 121 84.03%
No, teach only Intelligent Design 1 0.69%
Voters: 144. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2013, 03:51 PM

3,120 posts, read 8,061,719 times

Advertisements

Intelligent Design Theory is fundamentally flawed because it fails to explain the origin of the intelligent designer. Where did the intelligent designer come from? How did the intelligent designer come into being? Did it evolve?

It's basically a form of passing the buck of trying to explain where life came from. Instead of using a scientific explanation as an answer, it just creates more questions. It's like a cop-out or passing the buck. "An intelligent designer created all life on Earth, but we can't explain where the intelligent designer came from."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2013, 03:53 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,457,152 times
Creationists/ID'ers believe that humans are the center of the universe and God created everything to test humans' belief in him. Science however shows that we are a small planet in an insignificant solar system on the spiral arm of one of a billion galaxies. Ancient self centered superstitious religious beliefs do not have equal standing with science.

Old 08-24-2013, 04:06 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,115,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spudcommando View Post
Yeah sure why not? We're already falling behind on education, why not go all the way and make it final? Time to pass to the torch to the Chinese and Indians.
My thoughts exactly. We'll just stay right below Turkey, which ranks #1 in nations surveyed for a majority population that buys into Creationism. Shameful...isn't it?

Quote:
The only country included in the study where adults were more likely than Americans to reject evolution was Turkey.

Evolution Less Accepted in U.S. Than Other Western Countries, Study Finds

Old 08-24-2013, 04:06 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,915,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
Clearly you will not answer my simple question, and I knew you wouldn't. It would expose you and your ilk as the frauds you are.
I believe I asked you a question first. However perhaps you want to rephrase what you thought you asked me?

Quote:
Secondly ... you apparently aren't a whiz kid when it comes to the English language and definition of terms, so I'd refrain from questioning other's command of the language, if I were you. For your information, "secular" means something that has no religious or spiritual basis, which is the exact opposite of what you were trying to attribute to by position. Science is Secular, or it is supposed to be ... though the modern day physical matter science is at least as dogmatic and reliant on deception and myth as any religion in history.
Secular also means 'lay person'

Quote:
Thirdly, those hostile to the theory of Intelligent Design do not get to dismiss it by claiming it lacks the qualities to call itself a theory. That would be extremely convenient I'm sure, but "I don't thin so lucy". (this is one of my favorite little humor items for you evolutionists ... you do get it dunt you lucy?)
What qualities does ID have that qualifies it as a theory?

Sent from my Nexus 4

Old 08-24-2013, 04:09 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,114,186 times
Quote:
Oh, a different tactic ... how refreshing compared to the worn out "you obviously don't understand what evolution is" which is NEVER followed by an explanation correcting my misunderstanding. So Darwin is so ... yesterday, huh? Tell me what are the major differences between Darwinian Evolution and Modernized 2013 Evolution? Please do enlighten me, so that I can free myself from this antiquated nonsense ... maybe your version of evolution will make more sense to me.
Advances in genetics. Such as unlocking the genomes of several thousand different species from bacteria and viruses to fruit bats and humans.

Quote:
No .. my whole argument is extremely simple, and straight forward. Creation theory suggests that God created life. Intelligent design suggests that the complexity of a living cell and DNA shows clear signs of intelligent design, without actually attempting to identify any specific designer. Evolutionists claim that both theories are myths and have been disproved by evolution (the darwinian version or any other you might care to embrace).
What does that have to do with the theory of evolution which is simply a biological mechanism?

Quote:
My point is, evolutionists are either deceptive little double talkers, or they are as dumb as a box of rocks, because you can't disprove the origin of life with a theory that doesn't even address it.
Or perhaps those putting words in these "evolutionists" mouths (I believe they actually prefer to be called biologists, molecular biologists, biochemists, etc.) are just afraid of what they don't understand.

Quote:
A very simple point of pure logic ... yet still none of you are willing to admit that evolution does not disprove either creation or intelligent design. You just do what you always do, tap dance and distort.
Of course it doesn't. How can you disprove a deity? Do you you think all biologists are agnostic or atheist? Not every biologist aka "evolutionist" has an issue rectifying their faith with the theory of evolution.

Old 08-24-2013, 04:26 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,521,957 times
Smile Now hear this

Quote:
Then let me also make it easier for you .... if that is true, then how can evolution possibly disprove intelligent design or creation if it doesn't address the origin of life, which is the PRIMARY POINT of creation??

Come on ... let's hear it!
Evolution doesn't have to do anything to "disprove" religious legends.

Science deals with nature, not fables.

Those who want to put their stock in middle eastern mythology are free to do so.

Just don't act so disappointed that your favorite story doesn't stand up to the light. You can keep believing it as long as you choose to. But you'll never prove anything by it, because it offers no proof; only faith. It seems you equate the two.

Old 08-24-2013, 04:29 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
those hostile to the theory of Intelligent Design do not get to dismiss it by claiming it lacks the qualities to call itself a theory.
What falsifiable predictions does intelligent design make? None. It's not a scientific theory because it lacks the fundamental characteristics of what makes something a scientific theory. It explains nothing, is not testable, is supported by precisely zero evidence, has zero predictive power, and is not falsifiable. That makes it not only not a scientific theory, but not even a scientific hypothesis.

Old 08-24-2013, 04:29 PM

15,059 posts, read 8,622,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhaalspawn View Post
Intelligent Design Theory is fundamentally flawed because it fails to explain the origin of the intelligent designer. Where did the intelligent designer come from? How did the intelligent designer come into being? Did it evolve?

It's basically a form of passing the buck of trying to explain where life came from. Instead of using a scientific explanation as an answer, it just creates more questions. It's like a cop-out or passing the buck. "An intelligent designer created all life on Earth, but we can't explain where the intelligent designer came from."
The irony here is dripping wet. What you claim are flaws in Intelligent Design are precisely the flaws in evolution theory. Evolution theory insists that the evolutionary mechanisms of genetic mutation and natural selection explains the entire biological existence for every life form that has every existed on the planet, EXCEPT for the first one to wit all others evolved from. Where did that first one come from? Evolution says, doesn't matter .. that's a separate topic.

But ... it gets worse, oh yes it does ... should anyone come along and suggest an origin for that first life form, evolutionists claim that such ideas are disproved by evolution. But how can such a claim be made with a straight face? To refuse to even address the origin of life, but then turn right around and claim to be certain of how it didn't come into existence is not very scientific, or even rational.

Old 08-24-2013, 04:37 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,915,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
What falsifiable predictions does intelligent design make? None. It's not a scientific theory because it lacks the fundamental characteristics of what makes something a scientific theory. It explains nothing, is not testable, is supported by precisely zero evidence, has zero predictive power, and is not falsifiable. That makes it not only not a scientific theory, but not even a scientific hypothesis.
Guys like Jason F Just don't understand that

Sent from my Nexus 4

Old 08-24-2013, 04:39 PM

27,541 posts, read 28,630,498 times
Quote:
As I keep saying, but apparently falls on deaf ears ... I'm not a creationist
Hmm... So, you're saying you're not a creationist, and yet you believe that God created life and humans?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies