Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2013, 02:16 PM

4,738 posts, read 4,432,562 times

Advertisements

Okay, Roadking2003

look at your fricken post

you note "Global" warming

and then you have a "US" post

US is not Global

and one summer is not a trend.There is variability in weather

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
2899 Record cold temps vs 667 record warm temps in U.S. — From July 24 to August 19

Wow! Get ready for global cooling. But I'm sure Al Gore and the leech scientists will make a fortune on the backs of taxpayers anyway.

2899 Record cold temps vs 667 record warm temps in U.S. — From July 24 to August 19 | Climate Depot
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2013, 02:26 PM

33,551 posts, read 18,143,148 times
Temperatures fluctuate . Has been for years.. records are broken yearly.

I do know that Jesus spoke of the last days having more global floods, earthquakes and drought.. but that is just the beginning of sorrows.

Old 08-23-2013, 02:28 PM

20,457 posts, read 12,373,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFromChicago View Post
Okay, Roadking2003

US is not Global

you mean like Hurricane Sandy? Like that? LOL

Old 08-23-2013, 02:34 PM

25,840 posts, read 16,515,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Is that how the lush Egyptian farm lands turned into the Sahara Desert?
I wonder if the Arabs on their camels blamed themselves for their lush farmlands turning into desert? They probably weren't that dumb.

Old 08-23-2013, 04:39 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,728,778 times
Quote:
Okay, Roadking2003

US is not Global

Actually, I didn't say anything about "global warming" in my OP.

Old 08-23-2013, 08:28 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,946,110 times
Quote:
Okay, Roadking2003

US is not Global

Though apparently using Russia's heat wave (a blocking high) was enough for them to claim global warming?

Look, we understand a region does not constitute "global", so why do they keep using regional occurrences to claim CAGW?

Can't have it both ways. Demanding such makes one look like an idiot as they claim double standards.

Old 08-23-2013, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
you mean like Hurricane Sandy? Like that? LOL
Dat's! Diffent! /boggle

Old 08-23-2013, 10:23 PM

6,414 posts, read 10,487,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
What location, what day, what temp? I would like to check the stations.
McKinleyville California, 82º on August 14th, 83º on the 15th, 77º on the 16th, mid 70's on the 16th. Normal for here in August and what I have recorded for 13 years is the low to mid 60's and anything higher is rare. The temperature that is given on the news stations is from the coast guard station at the airport and it is not an indicater of the rest of McKinleyville which is set more inland than the airport. I have gone from my house to neighborhoods near the airport and often see a 10 degree difference in temperature. Sounds like you doubt me, I know my town very well and have yards all over the town from the coast to the hills.

Old 08-23-2013, 10:48 PM

9,138 posts, read 5,799,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
2899 Record cold temps vs 667 record warm temps in U.S. — From July 24 to August 19

Wow! Get ready for global cooling. But I'm sure Al Gore and the leech scientists will make a fortune on the backs of taxpayers anyway.

2899 Record cold temps vs 667 record warm temps in U.S. — From July 24 to August 19 | Climate Depot

Algore isn't interested; he's predicting Category 6 hurricanes.

Old 08-24-2013, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragonslayer View Post
McKinleyville California, 82º on August 14th, 83º on the 15th, 77º on the 16th, mid 70's on the 16th. Normal for here in August and what I have recorded for 13 years is the low to mid 60's and anything higher is rare. The temperature that is given on the news stations is from the coast guard station at the airport and it is not an indicater of the rest of McKinleyville which is set more inland than the airport. I have gone from my house to neighborhoods near the airport and often see a 10 degree difference in temperature. Sounds like you doubt me, I know my town very well and have yards all over the town from the coast to the hills.
Interesting, thanks. I looked over the stations and appears that the closest official station (KEKA) at the airport shows a record of 74º for 2013, not 82º. Even the McKinleyville station (KACV) doesn't show above 80º, but also records a 73º record for August 14th 2013.

I am not "doubting", I am merely verifying.

You can browse all this data here:

McKinleyville, CA - Weather Underground

I also looked at some of the station sitting for these stations. I could not ascertain the airport stations exact location, but I did see a couple of the others near by. One is in a terrible location, sitting right on top of a building. Have you looked at the station in your area to see how it sits? Is it up to proper CRN specs? There is a very big problem with stations through the US that are sitting in UHI bias inducing areas (surrounded by tarmac, next to streets with traffic, on top of buildings, near air conditioners, etc...).

The thing that is interesting about this is that you can see in some stations that the records change warmer over time as the town grows up around it. If you have time one day, it would be interesting to hear your account of the station there.

Anyway, who was reporting the 80º + temps? Because as I said, I can't seem to verify that in any of the records for the individual stations. Also, did you have high pressure come over about that time? Being that the temps are normal again now, but spiked during that time, it seems very consistent with such a weather event.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies