Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2013, 03:31 PM

5,261 posts, read 4,155,515 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Can you people not comprehend the difference between a private organization keeping a mailing list of people who might subscribe to their ideals, and the federal government keeping a comprehensive registry on every firearm owner along with every firearm they own? Does it really need to be spelled out for you? Really?

I know you all are trying real hard to find something to throw up in our faces and get us all hot and bothered, but sorry, you lost....

{....again}

Can you not understand the logic of your dear leader? Wayne's justification for opposing such a comprehensive list was that it could be compromised. Who operates it is irrelevant to that premise. The purpose of such a list is also irrelevant to his point. The hackers will not care what Wayne's intention was in keeping tabs on you, just so long as they can access the information. How is it that you cannot understand this? Or is it your contention that either the hackers will not be interested in it so long as it's compiled and stored by the NRA instead of the feds? Or, even better, that it will be more secure on a privately-operated database.

Get back to me with those answers now, you hear?

Old 08-27-2013, 03:52 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,837,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
Looks like they are doing the work for the gubiment.

What's to stop the gubiment from getting those records??

Read it and weep

NRA built massive database of gun owners while opposing national gun registry ? RT USA

NRA keeps database of gun owners and potential members: Report
so you are upset that a PRIVATE company has gathered this information, but would you be equally upset if the GOVERNMENT had this information? you do realize that just about EVERY corporation does the SAME thing so they can market their products more effectively while spending less money on advertising. this is another phoney outrage.

Old 08-27-2013, 04:50 PM

46,281 posts, read 27,093,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
Can you not understand the logic of your dear leader? Wayne's justification for opposing such a comprehensive list was that it could be compromised. Who operates it is irrelevant to that premise. The purpose of such a list is also irrelevant to his point. The hackers will not care what Wayne's intention was in keeping tabs on you, just so long as they can access the information. How is it that you cannot understand this? Or is it your contention that either the hackers will not be interested in it so long as it's compiled and stored by the NRA instead of the feds? Or, even better, that it will be more secure on a privately-operated database.

What a useless post...ignorant post....

Old 08-27-2013, 04:57 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,837,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post

do you somehow think that the information would be more secure if the government had it? get real. it is one thing for private companies to have information about us, because they cant use it against us to make laws, and confiscate things from us, the government can.

Old 08-27-2013, 05:03 PM

2,635 posts, read 3,511,205 times
Are people here really this dense? Let me spell it out for you:

The NRA builds a database of gun owners/supporters
The NSA has the ability to conduct covert surveillance, including hacking systems (LIKE DATABASES)
?
?
Profit!!!

Old 08-27-2013, 05:17 PM

46,281 posts, read 27,093,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke_Jaguar4 View Post
Are people here really this dense? Let me spell it out for you:

The NRA builds a database of gun owners/supporters
The NSA has the ability to conduct covert surveillance, including hacking systems (LIKE DATABASES)
?
?
Profit!!!

Yes, people are not able to understand this....just look at this thread....

Old 08-27-2013, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
do you somehow think that the information would be more secure if the government had it? get real. it is one thing for private companies to have information about us, because they cant use it against us to make laws, and confiscate things from us, the government can.
The point is that any database can be compromised and when Chipmunk Cheeks claimed the reason to oppose a federal database was because it could be compromised, it's a profoundly stupid idea to then compile one of your own. As everyone here knows, any of these can be compromised by hackers who are interested in infiltrating it. That none of you are worried about this exposes the utter phoniness of your supposed fears about the feds establishing one. If you were really concerned about it, you would also be concerned about anyone else compiling one, given that it too could be hacked and put into the hands of the people you imagine will do you harm.

Now, keep chattering about facts completely irrelevant to the premise Chipmunk Cheeks himself established.

Old 08-27-2013, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
What a useless post...ignorant post....
It's wise of you not to even attempt to start debating this. You won't end up any better than anyone else, and most likely, worse.

Old 08-27-2013, 06:12 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,963,815 times
No surprise to me. The feds have my finger prints on file anyway..... The feds KNOW for a fact I have guns and have SOLD guns Oh my...

All FFL dealer and their counter clerks have done this and have passed back ground checks Obama and the BATFE probably can't.

Old 08-27-2013, 06:14 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,963,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
I'd imagine there isn't many of them but I know one person personally that recently joined that doesn't own a gun.
I know lots of non gun owners that belong to the NRA. A lot of gun owners have wives.... The NRA is just another insurance company to many of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies