Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2013, 10:58 AM

13,714 posts, read 31,169,560 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
Beyond that, society has an obligation to take more direct action against violence against those groups in society who have been subjected to "a history of unfavorable treatment" to reverse that pattern of persecution.
What does this statement mean? Police should work harder to solve crimes committed against groups that have suffered from past discrimination? Media should cover those crimes more?

Maybe instead law enforcement should treat all victims the same, and pursue all criminals without regard to ethnic or socioeconomic status.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2013, 11:00 AM

1,137 posts, read 1,398,269 times
There entirely too many racist liberals posting on this website.

Old 08-23-2013, 11:02 AM

15,080 posts, read 20,470,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoD Guy View Post
Blacks are way too spoiled by our communities, and it will soon bite us all in the ass.
Need proof?
Look at all the thread locks on CD.
Enough said.
Awww...

[]

Old 08-23-2013, 11:06 AM

24,484 posts, read 17,220,223 times
Reading recent stats about crime there is a huge problem with black on black crime but no one (Jackson Sharpton Obama) seems to say much about that. Sadly it is never headline news when black kills black but throw a half white person in there (Zimmerman) or a all white with the Australian guy that was murdered and suddenly it is all about RACE. Why is the race card played so much? Blacks are their own worse enemies. Blacks are a majority in the prison systems for a reason, they commit a higher percentage of crimes than whites do and usually more violent.
Think about the sacrifice taht so many civil rights leaders made in the effort to lift the black man up? If Martin Luther King were alive today he would be disgusted with the way his race is acting.
We as a nation need to get beyond this race issue. A half black half white guy was elected to the highest office twice. Can't we get on to more important things like a man or woman being judged not by the colour of their skin but by their actions and deeds.

Old 08-23-2013, 11:15 AM

78,385 posts, read 60,566,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
I wasn't expressing my opinion. I was summarizing the basis of the law of the land as reflected by the documents in the National Archives, which I listed as Source.

I guess you don't like living here, and that's okay. You don't have to stay. But don't deny what society's actual obligation is here in the United States, according to our documented history.
Perhaps I am not following your point.

Pure and simple, I favor a policy of equal treatment of everyone under the law.

I fully understand that hasn't always been the case and even to this day we do not have a perfect society.

Old 08-23-2013, 11:18 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,703,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffdano View Post
What does this statement mean?
There was an Act passed by Congress in 1968, and augmented in 1994 and 2009 that explains precisely what it means.

Old 08-23-2013, 11:39 AM

1,730 posts, read 1,361,973 times
Debate all you want, this keeps up and in about 10 yrs they'll be a race war. Set up by the media.
Don't get mad at me for saying that, I don't want it either.

Old 08-23-2013, 03:50 PM

6,351 posts, read 9,977,087 times
First, white people make up a higher percentage of the population than black people. Hence if a black wants to rob some one and goes out to do so, he or she is more likely to run into a white random victim than a black one because there are more whites in America than blacks. At the same time, a white criminal who wants to rob someone at random is also more likely to run into a white person because whites are a higher percentage of the population and his or her chances of running into a white person is greater than running into a non-white.

That is why the number of crimes committed against whites by others is higher than vice verse: simple math, nothing more.

Second, black people are convicted of hate crimes too, and rightly so. But the motive has to be proven to be hate. Likewise, a white person attacking a black also needs to be proven that hate was the motive and not something else.

If a white guy comes home early from work and his wife is shagging the black mail man, and he beats the mail man up*, no judge or jury on Earth would call that a hate crime. It was simply because the man was shagging his wife, and that could have been a little green man from Mars for all he cares.

But if a white man with a Hitler tattoo, a shaved head and an autographed copy of the Turner Diaries goes out and beats up a lone black guy...yeah, that's probably a hate crime.

At the same time a random robbery committed by blacks may not be a hate crime, but some black nuwabbean dashiki Storm Trooper with big picture of Marcus Garvey over his bed and an autographed picture of Farrakhan goes out and beats up a white guy...yeah, that probably a hate crime.

And blacks do get convicted of hate crimes if the motive is proven to be racial hatred:

Nine Convicted in Long Beach Hate-Crime Trial : NPR

* And for the record, I could never understand why someone would want to beat up the guy shagging his wife anyway. She was the one who did the cheating, not him!

Old 08-23-2013, 05:30 PM

5,738 posts, read 5,442,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
There was a trial. Is there something else you think someone should have done? What would that something be, and who should have done it?
I thought a trial was a good response to the situation and I'm glad it happened no matter what the verdict was.

Old 08-24-2013, 03:47 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,171,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Opinionated View Post
In spite of that control, the 'White=Victim' trend is growing in popularity. Whats next, a civil rights march lead by The white version of Al Sharpton, Bill O'Reilly?
So true. It sure is growing, as if it wasn't bad enough in the past.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies