U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 08-23-2013, 03:52 AM
 
Location: West Los Angeles
8,100 posts, read 8,431,468 times
Reputation: 8335

Advertisements

Quote:
Prosecutors say a 35-year-old homeless black man held a white man at gunpoint and demanded he apologize “for all the things white people did to black people” in the Seattle area Sunday, August 11.

The victim said he was “scared out of [his] mind” and offered the man — who has now identified as Chikwanha E. Nyashanu — his wallet. But Nyashanu wasn’t interested in the wallet, the victim said. He only wanted the apology.

And he got it. The victim said he “apologized profusely,” at which point the man “pulled the gun away from the victim’s head and walked away,” in the words of KOMO News.
Police: Terrified Man Held at Gunpoint Until He Apologized

Didn't Tarantino just make a movie about this?

 
Old 08-23-2013, 04:50 AM
 
Location: In a chartreuse microbus
3,823 posts, read 4,971,003 times
Reputation: 7910
It sounds like the homeless man, (how does he afford a gun?), has been brainwashed. To think that some random white stranger can fix hundreds of years of oppression is nuts. We are all free now, and have been for quite some time. Can't wait until they figure that out.
 
Old 08-23-2013, 07:36 AM
 
Location: San Antonio, TX
702 posts, read 567,855 times
Reputation: 932
I, for one, applaud the homeless man's free exercise of his second amendment rights. In this culture of demonizing innocent Americans whose only crime is owning a constitutionally-protected firearm it warms every single cockle of my heart that there are some of us out there who still are not afraid to keep and bear arms.

Moderator cut: off topic

Last edited by Marka; 08-27-2013 at 09:09 AM..
 
Old 08-23-2013, 08:59 AM
 
Location: Upstate NY
28,829 posts, read 8,399,740 times
Reputation: 26549
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirron View Post
It sounds like the homeless man, (how does he afford a gun?), has been brainwashed. To think that some random white stranger can fix hundreds of years of oppression is nuts. We are all free now, and have been for quite some time. Can't wait until they figure that out.


BTW, that oppression isn't something for which whites, alone, are responsible considering the Africans who originally sold them. Even emancipated blacks who decided to return to Africa and "founded" Liberia ended up.....having slaves.
 
Old 08-23-2013, 09:32 AM
 
Location: SF Bay Area
13,350 posts, read 15,945,568 times
Reputation: 19596


Did the wallet say "BMF" on it?
 
Old 08-23-2013, 09:32 AM
 
1,076 posts, read 1,384,836 times
Reputation: 1954
I'd like the Angles and Saxons to apologize for what they did to my Celtic ancestors.

They would probably expect the same from the Romans, who would expect the same from the Greeks, who probably have a beef with the Egyptians. And even they probably have a beef with someone.

If only it was as simple as an apology from a stranger on the street.
 
Old 08-23-2013, 10:51 AM
 
Location: In a chartreuse microbus
3,823 posts, read 4,971,003 times
Reputation: 7910
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
BTW, that oppression isn't something for which whites, alone, are responsible considering the Africans who originally sold them. Even emancipated blacks who decided to return to Africa and "founded" Liberia ended up.....having slaves.
Absolutely agree! There certainly is enough blame to go around, yes?



Quote:
Originally Posted by AV8n View Post
I'd like the Angles and Saxons to apologize for what they did to my Celtic ancestors.

...
If only it was as simple as an apology from a stranger on the street.

Yes. This isn't discussed near as much because the Celts didn't remind everyone about it for two or three hundred years.
 
Old 08-23-2013, 01:13 PM
 
Location: La Mesa Aka The Table
6,992 posts, read 7,196,351 times
Reputation: 7693
Quote:
Originally Posted by EntropyGuardian View Post
I, for one, applaud the homeless man's free exercise of his second amendment rights. In this culture of demonizing innocent Americans whose only crime is owning a constitutionally-protected firearm it warms every single cockle of my heart that there are some of us out there who still are not afraid to keep and bear arms.

[THIS MESSAGE SPONSORED BY THE NATIONAL RIFLE ASSOCIATION]
Best quote so far lol
 
Old 08-23-2013, 02:02 PM
 
Location: Florida
3,125 posts, read 3,999,495 times
Reputation: 9086
So when are blacks going to hold other blacks at gunpoint until they apologize for another black commiting a crime?
 
Old 08-23-2013, 04:37 PM
 
Location: Chicago, IL
3,846 posts, read 3,740,922 times
Reputation: 4249
He should have asked for reparations too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 - Top