Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2013, 01:44 PM

29,382 posts, read 16,289,495 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pezkiln View Post
so your argument is: "i've never heard of these months therefore they don't exist."

you want to feel like a victim, like somehow whites are these poor disadvataged people who suffer daily because there exists one month out of the year in which we look at the contributions that african americans made to the shaping of the united states. And you ignore the fact that other heritage months exist for other minority groups, including whites, because they don't fit your bigoted world view.
rep!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1,214 posts, read 1,685,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
If you honestly paid attention you would realize that every month is WHITE HISTORY MONTH!

I personally enjoy many of the black history month shows that would otherwise be ignored.

You can't look at it as a slap in the face at whites.. its a awakening of sorts. We have been taught our whole lives what famous WHITE people have done, black history month gives us a chance to see few things that black people have done.
Every month is white history month? How so? I don't see TV ads about "celebrate white history", I never learned about it in schools either. I always learned about MLK, Malcolm X, and Frederick Douglas along with John Brown, Asbury, and other white civil rights leaders as well.

16,545 posts, read 13,396,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
I am fine with an Irish History month, we Irish have brought plenty of Irish culture to America, but that doesn't justify having a white history month.
No, no, no, no...You said there were no white slaves in this country. BUSTED! See, I showed you that you are lacking in your history, but rag on and on like you know it all. It seems to be problem with Lefties these days. Like Reagan said:
"It's not that Liberals are stupid, it's that they know so much that isn't so."

Old 08-23-2013, 01:45 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,516,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
While you're at it, show modern day Africa where there is rampant racism and genocide TODAY!
We're not in Africa. This is American history we're discussing.

But if you want to talk about racism and genocide, we can always talk about the same thing going on in Europe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Black history month was created in a time when black history in our country wasn't being taught.
It is being taught now, time to end it then right?

15,083 posts, read 20,394,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaPirate355 View Post
I'm not offended by black history month. I just think it's stupid and hypocritical to have a history month based on one ethnic group. Why not just teach history as history? To me black history is already a part of American history so why remove it? I thought "separate but equal" was wrong, so why are they doing it with this?
Agreed that black history should be treated simply as history. And maybe it already is treated as such in schools today. My first introduction to BHM was decades ago so maybe BHM is no longer necessary. As for why we have BHM, it is stated in my first post on this thread.

[the question of whether BHM is still needed is technically for a different thread]

Old 08-23-2013, 01:46 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,516,852 times
Quote:
And I hate racist black supremacists. If the shoe fits...You know the rest.
You find one, you let me know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
We're not in Africa. This is American history we're discussing.

But if you want to talk about racism and genocide, we can always talk about the same thing going on in Europe.
Yes, the very same Europe that the Progressive Left idolizes...... BAM!

46,001 posts, read 34,988,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaPirate355 View Post
Every month is white history month? How so? I don't see TV ads about "celebrate white history", I never learned about it in schools either. I always learned about MLK, Malcolm X, and Frederick Douglas along with John Brown, Asbury, and other white civil rights leaders as well.
So you don't know a single white leader?

Old 08-23-2013, 01:47 PM

29,382 posts, read 16,289,495 times
Quote:
It is being taught now, time to end it then right?
so are all those other months

Barack Obama Speech at Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month Celebration - YouTube

ooops!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies