Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2013, 05:25 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,465,032 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPhillyDude75 View Post
Wonder was this 25 civilized blacks or ghetto blacks, because I would have no interest in sitting around a group of ghetto blacks.
Then you leave.

Old 08-24-2013, 05:29 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
That would have been one large tip......

No more than the 40 customers that were coming and going, in single tables during their wait for the tables to free up, to push together.

Old 08-24-2013, 06:06 PM

1,203 posts, read 1,242,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Yes, absurd, but they DID NOT demand immediate seating. They willingly waited over 2 hours for their large group to be seated and were then told by the hostess that she wouldn't seat them because another customer was scared of them.
If they were misbehaving in an intimidating manner, then it is the prerogative of the restaurant to not serve them. The decision would be irrespective of race.

The onus of alleging racism is incumbent on the party of 25. The onus does not fall on the restaurant to prove they weren't being racist.

Old 08-24-2013, 08:42 PM

1,730 posts, read 1,362,280 times
Yawn. More self entitlement drama

Old 08-24-2013, 10:55 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,175,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
Charleston could hardly be described as "backward". It's comical you would think so. North Charleston, the town where this took place is part of the Charleston metro area. Even though it is majority black and lower income, I still wouldn't call it backward.

As I've stated before, there's something 'off' about the initial claim as was presented. From what I understand now, this all seemed to stem from some altercation between the white woman that was 'scared' per the manager and one of the group. Basically sounds like the whole thing was a mess and was handled poorly all around. Sounds to me like the charge of racism was quick to be thrown but as more facts come out, that might not have been the case at all - or maybe it was. Either way, as many stated earlier in the thread, there's always two sides to a story as seems to be the case here. It would be 'backwards' to cast an aspersion on an entire area without even knowing all of the facts first.
That's my impression of a number of areas in the South. Charleston is majority white actually. Even though it's majority white and perhaps has a lower income, that doen't necessarily make a place backward. However, some places like that are in fact that way. Like I said, IF TRUE, it would come as no surprise to me.

Old 08-24-2013, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Why do you despise "low life people"? Are you above them in your eyes? Who are low life people in you point of view?
No said anything about despising anyone or being above them. However, if they want to exhibit low-life behavior, it is what it is. Such individuals are include ones that take a job and do not want to do it. As stated, if true, it wouldn't necessarily be a surprise.

Old 08-25-2013, 12:07 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Trash their business every chance you get and keep it moving.

Old 08-25-2013, 12:11 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribdoll View Post
No said anything about despising anyone or being above them. However, if they want to exhibit low-life behavior, it is what it is. Such individuals are include ones that take a job and do not want to do it. As stated, if true, it wouldn't necessarily be a surprise.
What exaclty is "Low life behavior"? I guess to you that means anything you don't approve of? Is that so? YOU don't decide how others live sir/maam. If you don't like the way folks act walk on and shut up.

Old 08-25-2013, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
What exaclty is "Low life behavior"? I guess to you that means anything you don't approve of? Is that so? YOU don't decide how others live sir/maam. If you don't like the way folks act walk on and shut up.
Please reread the post you quoted and stop asking for answers given. If you take a job, do it well. It's simple. And again, apparently you failed to read the initial post you questioned. See below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by caribdoll View Post
If true, this is not surprising. Many people in areas like that are backward, uneducated and generally lack exposure. Just take your money elsewhere and leave the low-life people where they are. I don't think anything of it. You don't need my money if you don't know how to conduct yourself properly.
Now, what do you think the phrase "take your money elsewhere means?"

So, need for your angry "shut up" attitude. That kind of behavior is just why some people don't keep jobs or have unsuccessful businesses.

Old 08-25-2013, 06:58 AM

69 posts, read 178,288 times
I don't believe that the wild wing in north charleston takes reservations for large groups. We went there with a similar size group for a work happy hour. We tried calling ahead of time an they said that it's walk-in only. No reservations for large groups.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies