Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2013, 03:21 PM

14,292 posts, read 9,672,679 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Marriage is a right.
Since marriage is a right, the government can not discriminate based on the gender of the people getting married.
A man should have the same rights as a woman, and a woman should have the same rights a man.
THAT is the equal protection clause.
People do not need government to get married, end of line.

Old 08-28-2013, 03:29 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,195,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaPirate355 View Post
The gay lifestyle carries with it just as much dangerous risks as do those other lifestyles you mentioned.

Gay men are the highest risk and have the highest turn out of STDs, including HIV. They are also far more promiscuous and tend to have more sexual partners than straight people. For example the average straight man will have between 2-5 sexual partners in his life time. The average gay man has 15-30, this is because they don't have to worry about pregnancy and often have sex anonymously in places like bath houses. They also cannot reproduce and cannot give a child a true loving environment because a child needs both a mom and dad, psychologicaly has proven this. They also cannot donate blood and are far more likely to have mental health issues. Many gays have also been the victims of sexual abuse at earlier ages (no I don't believe gay people molest children, thats not true) but it's true that many of them were abused at an early age and it caused them to become gay later.

So by what basis do you conclude that gay marriage won't have consequences or lead eventually to the acceptance and legal marriages of other such destructive lifestyles?

CDC ? Gay, Bisexual and other MSM ? Gender ? Risk ? HIV/AIDS

Statistics on sexual promiscuity among homosexuals | homosexual partner statistics | Christian Apologetics and Research Ministry

Higher Risk of Mental Health Problems for Homosexuals | Psych Central

Why Children Need a Male and Female Parent | Cornerstone Family Council

Childhood Sexual Abuse Experienced by Gay and Bisexual Men: Understanding the Disparities and Interventions to Help Eliminate Them : Unequal OpportunityHealth Disparities Affecting Gay and Bisexual Men in the United States
And the state promoting monogamous relationships (marriage) would do what to STD rates?
It seems to me allowing homosexuals to get married would promote public health.

Also, lesbians (who are homosexuals too) have the lowest rates of HIV, and STD transmissions of ANY group, including heterosexuals. So maybe only us lesbians should be allowed to get married.

As for parenting, try an unbiased source. There are hundreds of studies out there that contradict yours.
Here is a list from Jaymax.
http://www.city-data.com/blogs/blog3...-research.html

Old 08-28-2013, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
People do not need government to get married, end of line.
If the government attaches privileges and benefits to marriage, then they can not discriminate based on the gender of the person.

Old 08-29-2013, 04:31 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,699,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaPirate355 View Post
But calling it marriage is not right and deep down everyone knows it's not the same.
So you went through a big long paragraph which presumably was intended to try to make it seem like this personal preference of yours actually had some underlying credibility as something other than your own personal preference, when it does not. No matter how you try to rationalize your desire to marginalize other people, because you want to impose your values on them, because you want them to be subject to your judgment, it won't make a difference in the reality: All you're talking about is your personal preference. Yes, it is a preference that many people share, and a preference that once had prevalence in this society, in precisely the same way that slavery was once considered acceptable in this society.

You clearly don't know a gay couple. I know you'll wave your arms around and claim you do, but by your comments you've proven that you do not. I do. I know them well-enough to have insights into their hearts and minds, and I know their relationship with their spouse is in no way different from my relationship with my spouse. Think of it this way if you need to: You're looking for someone with the same birth date in the same year. You haven't found any. But that's only a reflection of your limited awareness of others' dates of birth. If you were more aware of more people's dates of birth, you'd have been more likely to encounter people with the same birth date, and it is only because you don't know the birth date of everyone you meet that you haven't encountered one with the same birth date.

Old 08-29-2013, 09:33 AM

2,887 posts, read 2,633,692 times
Homosexual militants and sympathizers are having great difficulty coming to grips with the undeniable reality that contrary to the fantasy laden propaganda they constantly tell themselves everyone is NOT as thrilled and excited about homosexual marriage or homosexuality as they are. There will always be an element that will never see a homosexual couple as “married” no matter how many laws, pieces of paper, bullying, name calling, or lawsuits the homosexual throws around. Marriage is an ingrained societal concept that has taken eons to evolve to its present state and the notion that it can or will change overnight simply to accommodate perhaps 3% of the population is rather naïve and ridiculous.

Many folks do not want to know that a given individual is a homosexual with this absurd expectation, demand rather, that it not only be accepted but somehow celebrated as some sort of accomplishment. People do not care otherwise there would protests in the street and we would have it by now as there would be overwhelming societal desire rather than societal resentment and rejection.

Old 08-29-2013, 10:54 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,699,341 times
People who insist on denying the offensive nature of their behavior should still suffer consequences for their offenses. Deliberate ignorance is not a legitimate excuse.

Old 08-29-2013, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JobZombie View Post
Homosexual militants and sympathizers are having great difficulty coming to grips with the undeniable reality that contrary to the fantasy laden propaganda they constantly tell themselves everyone is NOT as thrilled and excited about homosexual marriage or homosexuality as they are. There will always be an element that will never see a homosexual couple as “married” no matter how many laws, pieces of paper, bullying, name calling, or lawsuits the homosexual throws around. Marriage is an ingrained societal concept that has taken eons to evolve to its present state and the notion that it can or will change overnight simply to accommodate perhaps 3% of the population is rather naïve and ridiculous.

Many folks do not want to know that a given individual is a homosexual with this absurd expectation, demand rather, that it not only be accepted but somehow celebrated as some sort of accomplishment. People do not care otherwise there would protests in the street and we would have it by now as there would be overwhelming societal desire rather than societal resentment and rejection.

Here's the thing. I don't care if you like me, or approve of my (soon to be) legal marriage. But you do have to follow the laws of the state you open a business in just like everyone else. Don't like it? Don't open a business.

Old 08-29-2013, 11:10 AM

945 posts, read 967,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
I never really understood this. I support gay weddings, but I would never support forcing some solo professional or even a business to photograph a wedding or bake a cake. Just use someone else. If those people want to lose business then so be it.
No wonder you are confused person. You believe forcing the public into accepting your perverted schema for marriage but not for an individual or company.

How classy of you Einstein.

Old 08-29-2013, 12:02 PM

2,887 posts, read 2,633,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Here's the thing. I don't care if you like me, or approve of my (soon to be) legal marriage. But you do have to follow the laws of the state you open a business in just like everyone else. Don't like it? Don't open a business.
You and all the laws in the world cannot make, force or bully anyone to do their best job. Not a thing that you can do about it either and anyone with half an ounce of common sense already knows this. Don't like it then go somewhere else and stop bullying honest hard working people just trying to make a living.

Old 08-29-2013, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JobZombie View Post
You and all the laws in the world cannot make, force or bully anyone to do their best job. Not a thing that you can do about it either and anyone with half an ounce of common sense already knows this. Don't like it then go somewhere else and stop bullying honest hard working people just trying to make a living.

If those honest hardworking people can not follow the laws of the state, then they need to shut their doors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.