Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2013, 09:17 AM

1,519 posts, read 1,227,483 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Oh did they discover a gay gene ?
Oh, did they discover a straight gene?
Oh, did they discover a Religion gene?

See, the argument that people are born as a certain race but are not born gay is pointless. If the deciding factor is that people are born a certain way, then toss out the protection of religious belief. Nobody is born that way, either - they get indoctrinated and, at a later point in life, choose to adhere to a given religion.

Old 08-30-2013, 11:31 AM

3,387 posts, read 6,626,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
They can refuse to work any wedding they want.

"Sorry, that date is already filled". Laws are not the way to change people.

Exactly!

If religious pharmacists can refuse to fill certain prescriptions due to their beliefs; the a photographer should be able to refuse as well.

Wake up people, the government is working it's way into everything, everywhere; and certainly places where they are not needed nor wanted!

Old 08-30-2013, 11:41 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,703,398 times
In our state, pharmacists cannot refuse to fill legal prescriptions. Pharmacists' beliefs rightfully govern what medications that they take, not which medications that they dispense. Similarly, a photographer's beliefs rightfully govern whom they choose to marry, not which weddings they choose to photograph.

Old 08-30-2013, 11:57 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
And I do have a desire to pass laws to make clear to people that marginalizing others is unacceptable in our society. You're clearly not a good enough role model, since so many people are so actively discriminatory toward others in our society.

Of course you won't reach everyone, but just reading C-D I'm sure you realize, even if you won't admit it, that there are too many bigots and haters.
The vast majority of people are not brave enough to say the things or take the positions they do on the internet in real life.

Old 08-30-2013, 12:11 PM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,703,398 times
They may not be brave enough to get in other people's face, but many of them will still act in a morally offensive manner if they feel that they can get away with it. We've seen many replies in this thread that suggested that the photographers' error was not lying to the gay couple. And I suspect some of those who suggested that immoral behavior would defend it and be proud of doing so.

Old 08-30-2013, 12:29 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
Quote:
They may not be brave enough to get in other people's face, but many of them will still act in a morally offensive manner if they feel that they can get away with it.
But they know they would rather behave than get punched in the eye.

Quote:
We've seen many replies in this thread that suggested that the photographers' error was not lying to the gay couple. And I suspect some of those who suggested that immoral behavior would defend it and be proud of doing so.
I've argued that is what will happen. I also argued that one does not have to lie to avoid the work.

I would have found another photographer and then taken my pictures in and showed the photographer that refused the work. I'd mention than nobody corrupted his kids while the wedding was taking place nor kicked his dog. The only thing that happened is that he was out $700 (I have no idea what this actually cost) and will cost himself many times more than that in the long run.

I would leave him a picture (a small one) and ask him to reconsider the next time.

Old 08-30-2013, 05:35 PM

904 posts, read 687,627 times
Quote:
In our state, pharmacists cannot refuse to fill legal prescriptions. Pharmacists' beliefs rightfully govern what medications that they take, not which medications that they dispense. Similarly, a photographer's beliefs rightfully govern whom they choose to marry, not which weddings they choose to photograph.
It's probably why more people die of synthetic opiates than on the highway....

Should probably look into the Pharma Cartels and put some of them in jail......

Old 08-30-2013, 05:36 PM

904 posts, read 687,627 times
Quote:
They may not be brave enough to get in other people's face, but many of them will still act in a morally offensive manner if they feel that they can get away with it. We've seen many replies in this thread that suggested that the photographers' error was not lying to the gay couple. And I suspect some of those who suggested that immoral behavior would defend it and be proud of doing so.
Morally offensive... that's rich... just so much broken reality in your defense of a perverse lifestyle...

Bad is Good... Good is Bad... Confusion is the king of the gay movement!

Old 08-30-2013, 06:27 PM

25,962 posts, read 22,107,325 times
I would think the only issue would be making this a day to remember in every positive way possible or you could make it about making a statement but most couple getting married want to have people involved that want to be involved. Everyone knows this was just a political move like the others. Too bad they don't want to experience being united as a happy event rather than just another way to push an agenda. Seriously, would you want someone taking your wedding pictures that didn't want to be there?

Old 08-30-2013, 06:37 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,771,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
I would think the only issue would be making this a day to remember in every positive way possible or you could make it about making a statement but most couple getting married want to have people involved that want to be involved. Everyone knows this was just a political move like the others. Too bad they don't want to experience being united as a happy event rather than just another way to push an agenda. Seriously, would you want someone taking your wedding pictures that didn't want to be there?
Probably not, but I also don't support people breaking the law and getting away with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies