Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-21-2013, 07:23 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,878,217 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
This doesn't make sense to me. What is the reason? God would not create a group of people who would tend to be murderers. There is something seriously out of whack with our culture that we have this many people with nothing to lose and no feelings for others.

Of course it's their fault, they commit the crimes but we have to look at this problem from a completely different angle.
Screw any group over for eighteen score years and then subsidize the birthing of bastards and instituting a drug war and this is what you get. We can still reverse the latter two factors.

Old 12-21-2013, 07:49 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,749,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
In Canada the native population commit way more crimes statistically than any other segment of the population. Why do you think that is? Just as the question as applied to the Afro American community is ignorant and the height of stupidity the answer is the same. Here we have a people who have been historically discriminated against, who's culture has been maligned and disrespected since day one, who are unequal in the eyes of a large % of the dominant culture, who lack the same opportunities as other citizens, who are treated differently by the justice system and on and on in the same vein. These factors produce predictable responses no matter where they occur and no matter what race is involved. Native peoples the world over, Gypsies all over eastern Europe, many distinct peoples within the Russian empire and Blacks in the USA.

A good friend of mine is originally from Uganda. She is now a Canadian citizen and has been for 15 years. Recently she had to go to the USA for business reasons and the customs agent gave her an extreme hassle. He, for some reason thought she might be planning to stay in the USA. Penny looked him straight in the eye and said. "I would not live in this racist and ignorant country if I was paid to do so. I hate coming here where I'm defined by my skin and to experience some sort of discrimination every day I am here. My children are Canadians and they don't think they differ from any other Canadians. They have never experienced the soul crushing crap that they would be faced with here. They never will if I have anything to do with it. I have lived in Canada for 20 years and in that time I have never once been discriminated against or felt less a person than anyone else. You can rest assured I will be leaving this country as soon as I can and I would not be here in the first place if my responsibilities to my business and my employees did not require it!
You know heightened security may have had something to do with two buildings being taken out by middle eastern terrorists, Oklahoma city bombing of a federal building and a few other terrorist activities over the last 10 or 15 years. Please excuse us for being a bit paranoid while we pat you down to make sure you don't have a bomb hanging out of your keester. If and when these attacks ever come to Canada and I am sure one day they will, then you can share in and enjoy our fear and paranoia also. 911 changed this country in a way I absolutely hate, but it is what it is and I will not stand by and be criticized by foreigners until they suffer the same fate as us and then realize what this country and its people went through on that day. No country has contributed to world advancement in the last 100 years as much as the United States has and we have paid dearly for it. Canada should be grateful for having such a good ally over the years, but instead they criticize. You know of course, we will always have your back, hope it makes your life a little more comfy knowing this. Sorry if this post is off topic a bit.

Last edited by Ghostrider275452; 12-21-2013 at 08:14 AM..

Old 12-21-2013, 09:01 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,476,114 times
[quote=Ghostrider275452;32696661]You know heightened security may have had something to do with two buildings being taken out by middle eastern terrorists, Oklahoma city bombing of a federal building and a few other terrorist activities over the last 10 or 15 years. Please excuse us for being a bit paranoid while we pat you down to make sure you don't have a bomb hanging out of your keester. If and when these attacks ever come to Canada and I am sure one day they will, then you can share in and enjoy our fear and paranoia also. 911 changed this country in a way I absolutely hate, but it is what it is and I will not stand by and be criticized by foreigners until they suffer the same fate as us and then realize what this country and its people went through on that day. No country has contributed to world advancement in the last 100 years as much as the United States has and we have paid dearly for it. Canada should be grateful for having such a good ally over the years, but instead they criticize. You know of course, we will always have your back, hope it makes your life a little more comfy knowing this.[/QUOTE]

Well let's just deal with these two misnomers shall we?

Firstly; "If and when these attacks ever come to Canada" ??? Oooopsy; here's a list:

Terrorism in Canada - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Now how many of those numerous terrorist attacks on Canada featured your airports remaining open to Canadian bound overseas flights running out of fuel and possibly being a threat to your nation but you welcoming them regardless, even to the extent of putting the occupants up in private homes? Any at all?.......... Crickets?

How many Canadian Embassy staffers have YOU ever hidden at risk to your very lives in a country like Iran in the midst of a revolution? .......... Crickets.

Yep we should really have nothing but the warm and fuzzies for the U.S. knowing you will "always have our back".

One tangible example of that being those Bomarks you insisted we install in silos up here to intercept those dastardly Russian missiles headed your way OVER CANADIAN TERRITORY thereby saving you but not really doing much for us.

Others might be things like your U.S. Army testing viral flu agents over cities In Canada in the fifities. Or your CIA in the late 50's early 60's doing LSD experiments on mental patients in Canada unbeknownst to Canadian citizens or even relatives of those patients.

Oh wait; would another example be the only incursion onto Canadian territory without permission (either expressed or implied) by a foreign country having been committed by the U.S. be another reason for us to be properly appreciative of you "having our back"?

You're not known for being loyal and supportive to your allies but rather for taking what you want and selling weapons to everyones enemies instead. Why should Canada expect any special consideration? If any foreign aggression should actually occur towards Canada in particular; other commonwealth nations will, given past examples, already have boots on the ground over here before you folks decide it's "your war" perhaps decide to pack a lunch and take a short drive north to see what all the fuss is about.

I'm going to wait for tangible example of you having our back after giving you a couple of stellar examples of us putting our money where your mouths are and "earning" the right to be critical of your fugged up politics.

I won't be holding my breath, however.

Old 12-21-2013, 10:32 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,749,289 times
[quote=BruSan;32697339]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
You know heightened security may have had something to do with two buildings being taken out by middle eastern terrorists, Oklahoma city bombing of a federal building and a few other terrorist activities over the last 10 or 15 years. Please excuse us for being a bit paranoid while we pat you down to make sure you don't have a bomb hanging out of your keester. If and when these attacks ever come to Canada and I am sure one day they will, then you can share in and enjoy our fear and paranoia also. 911 changed this country in a way I absolutely hate, but it is what it is and I will not stand by and be criticized by foreigners until they suffer the same fate as us and then realize what this country and its people went through on that day. No country has contributed to world advancement in the last 100 years as much as the United States has and we have paid dearly for it. Canada should be grateful for having such a good ally over the years, but instead they criticize. You know of course, we will always have your back, hope it makes your life a little more comfy knowing this.[/QUOTE]

Well let's just deal with these two misnomers shall we?

Firstly; "If and when these attacks ever come to Canada" ??? Oooopsy; here's a list:

Terrorism in Canada - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Now how many of those numerous terrorist attacks on Canada featured your airports remaining open to Canadian bound overseas flights running out of fuel and possibly being a threat to your nation but you welcoming them regardless, even to the extent of putting the occupants up in private homes? Any at all?.......... Crickets?

How many Canadian Embassy staffers have YOU ever hidden at risk to your very lives in a country like Iran in the midst of a revolution? .......... Crickets.

Yep we should really have nothing but the warm and fuzzies for the U.S. knowing you will "always have our back".

One tangible example of that being those Bomarks you insisted we install in silos up here to intercept those dastardly Russian missiles headed your way OVER CANADIAN TERRITORY thereby saving you but not really doing much for us.

Others might be things like your U.S. Army testing viral flu agents over cities In Canada in the fifities. Or your CIA in the late 50's early 60's doing LSD experiments on mental patients in Canada unbeknownst to Canadian citizens or even relatives of those patients.

Oh wait; would another example be the only incursion onto Canadian territory without permission (either expressed or implied) by a foreign country having been committed by the U.S. be another reason for us to be properly appreciative of you "having our back"?

You're not known for being loyal and supportive to your allies but rather for taking what you want and selling weapons to everyones enemies instead. Why should Canada expect any special consideration? If any foreign aggression should actually occur towards Canada in particular; other commonwealth nations will, given past examples, already have boots on the ground over here before you folks decide it's "your war" perhaps decide to pack a lunch and take a short drive north to see what all the fuss is about.

I'm going to wait for tangible example of you having our back after giving you a couple of stellar examples of us putting our money where your mouths are and "earning" the right to be critical of your fugged up politics.

I won't be holding my breath, however.
Any threat to Canada would be a threat to us just by your location, I'll bet the U.S. would be the first country to assist in any threating situation, bar none. We have the resources and man power to divert any attack and you know it. And of course the Canadian government is completely guilt free from any so called LSD experiments. As far a placing missiles in Canada, well I suppose you would rather have them hit the ground rather than be intercepted. Supportive of our allies, really, I won't even go there.

Old 12-21-2013, 11:01 AM

72,971 posts, read 62,547,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Ending the drug war would cut it in half.
I would agree with that sentiment. This drug war is a waste and the only thing it's really doing is creating more of a reason for thugs to sell drugs. It's comparable to Prohibition. All it did was give rise to organized crime, and more violence. However, I don't think the drug war will end anytime soon unless a statesman decides to have it end.

Old 12-21-2013, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Screw any group over for eighteen score years and then subsidize the birthing of bastards and instituting a drug war and this is what you get. We can still reverse the latter two factors.
It can be reversed. The question is, will it be reversed?

Old 12-21-2013, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
People have cognitive reasoning, tigers not so much, they rely on instinct. You can control yourself if you stop and think. Amazing, ain't it!
I know people have cognitive thinking. People have that. I think the idea was this. There is those suggesting that Blacks are "instinctively violent" and "Blacks are violent because Blacks are genetically wired to be violent". The idea was to dispute such claims. The main idea was "if Blacks are "genetically wired to be violent", why all the concern"? It is to say that it has nothing to do with genetics, but rather, other factors.

Old 12-21-2013, 11:18 AM

7,492 posts, read 5,744,386 times
I do have to say that when I read headlines like this my mind goes right to the thought that the crime was committed by blacks. In a vast vast majority of cases, as in this one, I am right.

Four Arrested In Deadly New Jersey Mall Carjacking

The problem is the pain felt as a result of the crime is insufficient to deter the crime itself. This holds true regardless of race or ethnic background. In cases where there is clear and willful intent the offenders should be put to death. Eventually, the masses will figure it out. It really is that simple. The penalty has to outweigh the crime with significant force to change the thought proces.

Old 12-21-2013, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
I do have to say that when I read headlines like this my mind goes right to the thought that the crime was committed by blacks. In a vast vast majority of cases, as in this one, I am right.

Four Arrested In Deadly New Jersey Mall Carjacking

The problem is the pain felt as a result of the crime is insufficient to deter the crime itself. This holds true regardless of race or ethnic background. In cases where there is clear and willful intent the offenders should be put to death. Eventually, the masses will figure it out. It really is that simple. The penalty has to outweigh the crime with significant force to change the thought proces.
Death penalty is used in many states. However, the death penalty isn't deterring criminals from committing murder. Many criminals have the mentality of "I don't care if I live or die, so I'm willing to take someone else with me". There are many who are not afraid of prison, or even the death penalty.

Gangland All Hell Breaks Loose - Part 2 - YouTube

I would listen to 13:28 - 13:45 to get an idea of how some criminals think.

Old 12-21-2013, 12:22 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,476,114 times
[quote=Ghostrider275452;32698278]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Any threat to Canada would be a threat to us just by your location, I'll bet the U.S. would be the first country to assist in any threating situation, bar none. We have the resources and man power to divert any attack and you know it. And of course the Canadian government is completely guilt free from any so called LSD experiments. As far a placing missiles in Canada, well I suppose you would rather have them hit the ground rather than be intercepted. Supportive of our allies, really, I won't even go there.
Well at least you acknowledged the ONLY reason you'd get involved would be reasons of self interest.

Where would this hypothetical future attack be coming from and you've ignored the fact I was responding to the preposition by an American we have yet to suffer a terrorist attack and I proved otherwise did I not?

I'd rather Canada not be considered your acceptable collateral damage zone by developing a plan to intercepting missiles aimed at you before they enter Canadian airspace.

I disagree that you'd be the first country to rush to Canada's defense as relevant history proves otherwise.

We'll discuss allies and your support as long as Montagnards, Hmong tribesmen, Iraqi and Afghani interpretors, South Vietnamese et-al, among a host of others are included.

The only country whose citizens openly discuss invasion of Canada lies directly to the south of us.

You are too busy bickering and fighting among yourselves to coalesce into defending anyone now and this very thread topic is proof of that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies