Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2013, 05:31 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,729,413 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Well, if they don't obey the law, they are criminals. In this case one might think that they are caught, disarmed and sentenced Before they commit crimes, they are just armed potential criminals, which obviously is fine with your constitution and laws, though...
before the commit a crime they are not real criminals. if men refuse to obey an unjust and unconstitutional law he is not a criminal, he is patriot.

And yes we are fine with our Constitution, we value liberty and freedom more then safety...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2013, 05:37 PM

Quote:
We simply honor human life more, even that of criminals, which is why we have abolished the death penalty, no matter how terrible the crimes committed... Europe is more NT, the US more AT
you value the life of criminals more the the victims.

Old 09-03-2013, 05:45 PM

Quote:
When someone is scared of criminals, for instance because they live in a rough neighborhood, I understand why they feel like they need arms (not just guns) to protect themselves in the US. But I do distinguish them from those people who simply like guns and want to be armed just for the sake of it, for instance because they think that it is cool or simply because they have the right to.
no you dont, if you did you would understand that those who want/like be armed just for sake of it are part the same groups..

It is cool, and we do have a right to do it, why cant you understand this?

Old 09-03-2013, 06:03 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,917,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_J View Post
After Biden is Bohener. Even though he has an R behind his name, he's as worthless as the rest of them. Just another big government statist wanting to stay in power.
Most certainly.

We need new blood in the next election a Libertarian I hope, one that stands for Liberty and Freedom, with a level head and a good sense of economy or else. The or else is i don't think the USA can stand another 8 years of another fool. 2 fools in a row is max time for the USA and 3 is to go....

Someone who will make the red commie Chinese wish they never heard the name Clinton, and someone that will make Obama famous in Mexico, decorating pinatas.

Old 09-03-2013, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Social contract, well, I guess it is just a term for what has always existed in any functioning society. A give and take, without which society would collapse. You have that in the US as well, even if you don't call it that or are not even aware of it. The base for the social contract is conscience, sense of justice, morals, etc., and that is present in Americans as well, no matter how you keep stressing your individuality.

I find Europeans to be just as individualistic as Americans, maybe even more so, surprisingly. The social contract does not contradict strong individualism, it has nothing to do with it.
no, their are certain things no person will put up with living in a society, being disarmed and enslaved is one of them if not the highest.

No you guys are not as individualistic as us..its legal to buy mushrooms but you cant buy an AR15 with a 150 round drum mag, You can sell your bodies, but you cant carry a glock for every day CCW.

I am pro legitimization of drugs and prostitution, but I am also pro 2nd Amendment, you can claim you support individualistic freedom of "social freedoms" but deny natural laws or natural rights based on emotions.

Old 09-03-2013, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Regarding rape, there is still the good old pepper spray
What if he is were goggles? or is high on meth or PCP?? what if it has gone bad? what if the spray is blown by the wind into here eyes? none of their problems happen with a firearm..

Old 09-03-2013, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
Only in a completely crazed nation like the USA could anything like this be true. In Canada we have a small % of the crime you have in the States and people carrying weapons are as rare as hen's teeth. Using the same methodology I can say with confidence it's the truth that, when almost no citizens are carrying guns the crime rate is a small fraction of what it is with a large % of the people walking around armed.
you don't have that many people, or have an open border with the 3rd world..

Old 09-03-2013, 06:22 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,917,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_J View Post
I've had to put down a dog that would have ended up killing someone. I feel bad but I don't lose sleep at night over it. A human that inflicts violence on the weak is no better. The man in the video I posted will never be rehabilitated. He enjoyed beating up that woman. He could have taken anything in that house without resistance but he chose to hurt her. Had she died falling down the basement stairs at the end, he would not have given it a 2nd thought.

I can also see how you think the offenders have the rights. I don't blame them, I blame the prosecutors. They pad their wins by pleading down the charges to avoid a trial. My nephew beat his step-father with a metal pipe and it was plead down to simple assault. He was sentenced to 5 years but will probably be out in 2. It was attempted murder and he should serve an appropriate sentence. A family friend beat her mother to death with a pipe wrench but only received 35 years which is approximately 2 years for each swing of the wrench. She will be out at age 70. She should rot in prison.
Some how I have managed to mis-represent myself. I believe scum should lay around and rot too. No deals, no parole. It is the system of injustice that would have it different and their excuse is that IF all hope were taken from the scum they would just murder victims that are not killed out right. I have put down a number of dogs and a horse once all needed killin'.... I hunt too.

Scum isn't quite the same thing, as i would hope to not need to eat them, but i could be ok with scalps

Old 09-04-2013, 04:47 AM

4,396 posts, read 4,899,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Some how I have managed to mis-represent myself. I believe scum should lay around and rot too. No deals, no parole. It is the system of injustice that would have it different and their excuse is that IF all hope were taken from the scum they would just murder victims that are not killed out right. I have put down a number of dogs and a horse once all needed killin'.... I hunt too.

Scum isn't quite the same thing, as i would hope to not need to eat them, but i could be ok with scalps
You haven't misrepresented yourself at all. I was just trying to put my spin on how we think similarly.

I will hunt if I need to. I've done it in the past but I'm not a big hunter type. A bunch of friends were getting ready for dove season last weekend and I had no idea it was opening. And if someone has a little extra venison to pass my way, I won't complain.

Old 09-04-2013, 06:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Most certainly.

We need new blood in the next election a Libertarian I hope, one that stands for Liberty and Freedom, with a level head and a good sense of economy or else. The or else is i don't think the USA can stand another 8 years of another fool. 2 fools in a row is max time for the USA and 3 is to go....

Someone who will make the red commie Chinese wish they never heard the name Clinton, and someone that will make Obama famous in Mexico, decorating pinatas.
I wonder who will run in 2016 for the GOP for white house and congress.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies