Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2013, 10:57 PM

7,943 posts, read 5,741,718 times

Advertisements

Kathleen Parker: Obama’s race remarks exacerbate tensions - The Washington Post

I can't decide if Obama made those comments on his own, or was told to say them by his spin doctor/Gepetto.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2013, 11:08 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,797,985 times
Somehow, despite living and working around black people, I am missing all this tension.

Old 08-27-2013, 05:44 AM

3,160 posts, read 4,351,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1 View Post

I can't decide if Obama made those comments on his own, or was told to say them by his spin doctor/Gepetto.

it depends, did he read it clearly and pricisely from TOTUS or did he do his stuttering and fumbling for words like when TOTUS isnt available ?

Old 08-27-2013, 05:49 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,883,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Somehow, despite living and working around black people, I am missing all this tension.
I didn't lose any sleep either. The author's claim is that race has nothing to do with profiling, it's how your dressed -- which is false, if you see who gets stopped and frisked.

Old 08-27-2013, 05:56 AM

2,903 posts, read 3,432,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1 View Post

It's a pity Kathleen Parker didn't follow her true career of feeding pigeons in Scott Circle while talking to herself; She's got nothing going in this article.

Old 08-27-2013, 06:20 AM

2,930 posts, read 2,216,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfieBoy View Post
It's a pity Kathleen Parker didn't follow her true career of feeding pigeons in Scott Circle while talking to herself; She's got nothing going in this article.
BS. The authors claim about the races being reversed in the Oklahoma shootings and the beatings of the 88 year old veteran are valid. If the victims had been black and the perpetrators white, Al and Jesse would have already been at the scenes stirring the race cauldron. Obama probably would have made one of his divisive statements, the media would be covering every single incident that was related to the two.

One has to wonder if the thugs were wearing hoods when the murders were committed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies