Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2013, 11:44 AM

4,176 posts, read 4,652,899 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Exactly right. Putin's interests are being served here. The United States loses. Our bumbling President made that possible. You can't admit that can you?
I don't know what news you're following, but I think you still don't have any idea what's going on. The United States did not "lose."

Old 09-10-2013, 11:44 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,046,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
That isn't the equation. We fight AQ, Syria fights AQ. Now the questions get asked with no answers. Why would we side with our enemies here? The administration has been on the side of the rebels from the beginning.

We bomb and killing innocent women and children in our fight against AQ, Syria bomb and kill innocent women and children in their fight with AQ. AQ kills innocent women and children in some cases simply because they have different philosophical beliefs.

With all of this how exactly does the form of death all of a sudden become so terrible? Those with dead children don't care how they were killed. They are still dead either way.
Yes, it is the equation. We either cower and run because AQ is part of the calculus, or we don't.

Old 09-10-2013, 11:45 AM

79,906 posts, read 43,920,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
I think this squashed the US plans to further weaken Assad so the terrorists could take control of the country.
US aggression in Libya and Iraq fell to terrorist hands in the wake of our invasions.

Now what will the US do to weaken Assad so the terrorist can take control ?
Indeed and how does any of this make any sense? Exactly what is the game plan when we are fighting some group in Afghanistan but on the other hand assisting them in Libya and Syria?

Is the plan to help them take over Syria and Libya like we did Afghanistan so that we can then attack them as the bad guy to keep our war machine going in eternity?

Old 09-10-2013, 11:46 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,034,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Globe199 View Post
They lost real estate, but the attitude is still there. They figure the only path to global relevance is to oppose everything the US does. That's why this little deal with Syria just smells weird.
Yes,the attitude is still there,but some of the muscle is gone.

I agree that its an odd turn,but we have no clue what the backroom deal was really all about...Putin may be playing the kindly grandfather/protector to Assad,but when alls said and done Putin will be his godfather and own him lock,stock and barrel...us regular folks will never know.

Old 09-10-2013, 11:46 AM

Quote:
I don't know what news you're following, but I think you still don't have any idea what's going on. The United States did not "lose."
Ok, then please, by all means, tell us how we "won." If your idea of winning is letting Syria get away with using chemical weapons on its own citizens with impunity.....if your idea is to let Syrian ally Russia to dictate the terms of a compromise while it pads its own interests........ then you and I will never be on the same page ideologically, or philosophically.

Old 09-10-2013, 11:47 AM

7,685 posts, read 6,162,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
Maybe Obama will learn a lesson from this not too draw red lines and keep his war mongering mouth shut.
Obama should keep his mouth shut about anything.

Let WE THE PEOPLE do the talking.

Old 09-10-2013, 11:47 AM

4,176 posts, read 4,652,899 times
Quote:
Ok, then please, by all means, tell us how we "won." If your idea of winning is letting Syria get away with using chemical weapons on its own citizens with impunity.....if your idea is to let Syrian ally Russia to dictate the terms of a compromise while it pads its own interests........ then you and I will never be on the same page ideologically, or philosophically.
I never said we won! You won't be on the same page with anyone, because you keep making things up.

Old 09-10-2013, 11:48 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,183,047 times
Quote:
Exactly right. Putin's interests are being served here. The United States loses. Our bumbling President made that possible. You can't admit that can you?
Setting the stage for the future.

Who would have thought it would be Russia stepping up with "sit and talk rather than drop bombs" ?
China and Russia would love nothing more than to see the US fall off it's world pedestal and the petrodollar replaced.

Old 09-10-2013, 11:50 AM

79,906 posts, read 43,920,461 times
Quote:
Not following you. You're saying he did not gas anyone (which is contrary to all evidence) and that he won't give up his weapons (which is contrary to the reporting right now). Also not sure what weapons you're referring to when you mention Iran. They don't have a bomb.
No, the reporting is that it is inconclusive as to what happened. And sorry, has Iran quit their pursuit of nuclear weapons?

Quote:
From a news report this morning:

"The Syrian foreign minister said Tuesday that his government has accepted Russia’s proposal to place its chemical weapons under international control for ultimate destruction, according to reports from Moscow."
Of course they have. Saying it and doing it are two different things. Do people really believe that Syria is simply going to give up all their weapons in question here? Are people really this gullible? Seriously?

Old 09-10-2013, 11:51 AM

Quote:
I never said we won! You won't be on the same page with anyone, because you keep making things up.
Quote:
I don't know what news you're following, but I think
you still don't have any idea what's going on. The United States did not
"lose."

I see how it works now. You get to say we "did not lose" without saying we "won."

Your mental gymnastics are quite impressive. In other words, you can't admit that Putin's interests have "won" while the Unite State's interests are obliterated. Great job protecting Barry. You'll fit right into The Club on this forum
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.