Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2013, 02:33 PM

5,739 posts, read 6,933,978 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaten_Drinker View Post
Bengazi Barry needs to be removed from office before he gets us into WW3.
Or another Iraq like the war-for-corporations Bush/Cheney criminals?
Amazing, the tunnel vision on the Right which never saw a war it didn't like.
What the country needs is Republicons in charge again for the WW3 they really want and an economy in the tank again.
Yeah, keep thinkin'.

Old 09-10-2013, 02:33 PM

10,029 posts, read 8,345,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Globe199 View Post
But he was not originally going to ask Congress. If he was nearly as cynical as you claim, he would have gone to them at the start.

So then you tell us why he went to Congress. That's something I'd like to hear.

Old 09-10-2013, 02:34 PM

17,401 posts, read 11,973,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aptor hours View Post
It looks like Syria is going to abide and sign the treaty just like we need them to. I think Obama made the right decision, but, I know many people will have nothing good to say no matter what he does or what happens.
What "decision"? He was beating the war drums, but nobody was listening. Now he is doing what he is being forced to do - nothing.

And before we do a victory lap for Obama's awesome foreign policy skills, let's see how this whole "Syria is going to abide" thing goes, shall we?

Old 09-10-2013, 02:34 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,176,801 times
Quote:
Has Obama signed anything or agreed to any terms yet? Is it a done deal? I must have missed that.
Let me explain what's happening for those who are too dense to sort it out for themselves: Putin has put Obama in a position where he either allows Russia to strengthen its position as a power broker in the region, or the USA looks bellicose for refusing a peaceful solution to the current confrontation.

Both outcomes weakens the US position in the region. In other words, Obama has been outmaneuvered. That's what happens when an administration has an ad-hoc and completely incoherent foreign policy.

Old 09-10-2013, 02:35 PM

29,483 posts, read 14,643,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
It should mean something to you when other nations use chemical weapons. That doesn't mean we have to go all "medieval" on them, but we did need to exert diplomatic pressure. I even think the treat of military force was a good idea, but we should have gone to the United Nations with a plan to secure their weapons, push Assad towards relinquishing his chemical weapons in the first place. Using cruise missiles to bomb them would have made for really no effective outcome militarily, but the option to use it was needed.

Like it or not, we are the worlds biggest military, and when a country uses chemical weapons in the way Syria did, we need to say something. Doesn't mean we invade, but something. I want to decrease our military so that we don't have to play that role, with the added benefit of balancing our budget. Republicans don't seem to be on board with that.
I understand what your saying and don't completely disagree with you but I just think it would have been a loose/loose situation for the United States. If, and if we would have lobbed a few missles into Syria that opens the door for some sort of retaliation. Probably not on our soil but one never knows. Our country should be first priority for our Government, not what happens in Syria. In reality this could just be putting off the inevitable though. I don't see the volatility of that region going away anytime soon.

2,040 posts, read 2,458,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
yeah right...Iraq is still WAY to fresh for the reichwing to start re-writing history(you try that crap with the legacy of Ronnie Raygun already and your lies are rooted out)...Iraq is 100% in your corner's lap...Bush,Cheney,Rumsfeld,Rove...they lied us into there all on their own...perhaps you should research history a bit better before bloviating on it.
Same old lies from the whining Left. None of OUR favorite numbskulls voted for the war they claim!

Oh....and no one lied either.

Posted with TapaTalk

10,029 posts, read 8,345,236 times
Quote:
I'd rather him say: "A good portion of you will hate me no matter what I do."
The truth would be: "A good portion of the sheeple will continue to worship me no matter what I do or how bad things get."

17,440 posts, read 9,266,927 times
I said yesterday that this was a ploy by both Russia and Syria. They gave Obama enough rope to hang himself and he jumped at it in his panic.

Old 09-10-2013, 02:36 PM

4,919 posts, read 4,834,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malibu Mike3 View Post
LOL ... that russian midget has just been a whirlwind of activity since BO threatened to blow his nerdy friend's hometown of Damascus off the map.
So-o-o which threat of force got the 'tiny Russian midget' into this 'whirlwind?

Was it Secretary of State John Kerry’s promise that any strike on the country would be “unbelievably small” or was it where the White House official saying it would be “just muscular enough not to get mocked“?

I will 'breathlessly' await your response!

Old 09-10-2013, 02:36 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,145,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aptor hours View Post
It looks like Syria is going to abide and sign the treaty just like we need them to. I think Obama made the right decision, but, I know many people will have nothing good to say no matter what he does or what happens.
Looks like Putin Made the decision for him. Lol maybe Obama should give his Nobel Peace prize to Putin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies