Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2013, 08:26 AM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 27 days ago)

27,646 posts, read 16,129,622 times

Advertisements

Dont be a hypocrite... stay the hell outta there. Anybody that thinks this is about Assad is an imbocile.

Old 08-27-2013, 08:30 AM

12,406 posts, read 18,972,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
I think it doesn't add up. You have a country that has everything to loose and nothing to gain by using chemical weapons. On the otherside you have a country that has wanted a reason to wipe out Iran and take Syria with it. It is in our interest to create the problem so we can get what we want.

The media does NO reporting, they regurgitate what they are told and nothing more.

EducateInspireChange: America behind the Syrian chemical attacks.

Do you think you know the truth? watch the video and then comment... for those that comment without watching, you have no idea what you are talking about so STHU
I think you hit on something. More and more I see the media quiet on an issue until our government comes out with a statement, and then it seems the media thinks 'OK, this is the direction that you want the ball rolling', and they give support to the establishment.

Why would Assad have used these weapons if he is winning?

Russia has a large presence in Syria. We should stop and think that maybe they KNOW something and are not always lying. Maybe we should have a common cause in this country? Maybe we have common enemies? After all, they were helping us with the Boston bomber situation, weren't they? The enemy of my enemy is my friend?

Old 08-27-2013, 08:34 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,451,300 times
Nobody even knows WHO used the chems. It was most likely the rebels using chems that WE gave to them from Libya. It's a bait and switch tactic going on.

Old 08-27-2013, 08:49 AM

10,016 posts, read 12,577,788 times
Why, why ,why does the USA have to do a freakin thing about Assad or Syria? The entire middle east is an dead stinking albatross hanging around Washington's neck. Whatever American dimwit it was that appointed the USA as the village constable should be shot. Nothing good EVER results from these self appointed interventions. Up to this point Obama has done the USA and the world a big favour by doing as little as possible in these situations.

Just consider that Europe is just a small jump across the Mediterranean and the whole region in question is their former colonies. Do you know why they are FORMER colonies and not present colonies? The European powers after a long hard slog realized it just ain't worth it messing around with no possibility of good outcomes. There they are, they all have decent militaries. It's their backyard and what do they do? They wait for the USA to do something, knowing full well that it will be the USA with egg all over it's face. It will be the USA who will spend untold billions of dollars in vain. Everyone knows full well it's the Saudis on one side and the Iranians on the other side that are behind this civil war. Let them fight it out. It's just so against true American interests to get involved in the least.

The USA should just wash it's hands of the entire middle east and let someone else take on the horrible burden of dealing with a never ending shemozzle.

Old 08-27-2013, 09:00 AM

537 posts, read 740,160 times
Third-rate hoax. Worst. Propaganda. Ever.

Where is the secondary exposure? Medics, photo journalists, family . . . treating and handling the dead and injured without chemical protective gear? What's up with that? If it was Sarin gas the docs would be showing ill effects. Victims' clothing would have to bagged.

Why in hellation would Assad gas civilians when he's already manhandling the "rebels"? There is no rational reason he would. Who would gain from this stunt? The anti-Assad west of course. {cue outraged politicos}

The talking heads are foaming at the mouth now and the pundits are pontificating away doing their masters' bidding. Where's Judith Miller when the neocons so badly need her propaganda skills? And the barstool commandos prepare to high five each other (once again) when people start dying in large numbers -- unless it's 'Muricans, then we'll all weep on command.

Old 08-27-2013, 09:09 AM

5,756 posts, read 3,997,659 times
Obama isn't GOD nor does he have a handle on anything other than a golf club.John Kerry saying anything of credibility is dubious at best when he lied to Congress about Vietnam veterans atrocious behavior that he really never witnessed.Maybe Obama and Kerry can have a Yachting Summit to get their lies on track like Biden,Hillary did about Bengasi ?
Real Change is coming soon..... are you ready ?

Old 08-27-2013, 09:11 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,121,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
Die by drone, kill thousands of innocent citizens - USA stamp of approval.
Die by chemical warfare - USA outraged.
I believe this post is worthy of a billboard (actually, many all across the nation).

Old 08-27-2013, 09:11 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,416,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
http://www.cnn.com/2013/08/26/opinio...-problem/index.

This is an article by Peter Bergen of CNN which explains the "calculus" of any military action the U.S. might take toward Syria. It is not long, and it is informative

Andrew Roberts: Syria's Gas Attack on Civilization - WSJ.com

This is a lengthier, but not horribly long, article about why the U.S. will/should intervene militarily.

I have never wanted our forces to get involved in this. But the gassing of citizens, men, women and children is a heinous offense. I suspect that Assad feels he is not making progress, or is not doing so fast enough. So he murdered Syrian civilians. The second article puts him in the same class as Hitler and Mussolini.

At least after reading it I understand why the U. S. feels it must act. Apparently the government will use cruise missiles, not air power or boots on the ground. Even if you don't want our government to act, reading these pieces will help you understand why it is deemed important to do so.

I am on the fence on this. What do you think?
I just don't understand why it's always the West that has to have moral outrage. The deaths are horrible but it doesn't appear to bother the Arabs, the Chinese or Russians.

People are going to die when these missiles land will their deaths be any less tragic?

Old 08-27-2013, 09:12 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,368,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
http://www.cnn.com/2013/08/26/opinio...-problem/index.

This is an article by Peter Bergen of CNN which explains the "calculus" of any military action the U.S. might take toward Syria. It is not long, and it is informative

Andrew Roberts: Syria's Gas Attack on Civilization - WSJ.com

This is a lengthier, but not horribly long, article about why the U.S. will/should intervene militarily.

I have never wanted our forces to get involved in this. But the gassing of citizens, men, women and children is a heinous offense. I suspect that Assad feels he is not making progress, or is not doing so fast enough. So he murdered Syrian civilians. The second article puts him in the same class as Hitler and Mussolini.

At least after reading it I understand why the U. S. feels it must act. Apparently the government will use cruise missiles, not air power or boots on the ground. Even if you don't want our government to act, reading these pieces will help you understand why it is deemed important to do so.

I am on the fence on this. What do you think?
I'm trying to understand how countries that have used chemical weapons in the past are now suddenly supposed to be authorities on how to get rid of it in others.

I'm not on the fence at all. Stay out of people's business, live in peace.

Peace.
brian

Old 08-27-2013, 09:12 AM

3,537 posts, read 2,735,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
If some of the posts you put up weren't so pathetic I would probably laugh.

See your post #5. Are you one of the heavy-hitters that is privy to what's going and an advisor to Obama seeing as how you think Obama should handle the situation??
The poster you are responding to is one of the most clueless in CD.

Their posts are pathetically partisan and uninformed to the point of hysteria.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies