Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2013, 05:55 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,726,125 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunar Delta View Post
Addles the mind? I suppose you could say it makes one feel slower, but it doesn't degrade higher reasoning functions the same way ethanol does. It can indeed cause mood changes, mostly positive ones from what I've seen. Yes, the chemical Cannabidiol (not THC) is an appetite stimulant. It is very useful for AIDS and chemo patients. Yes, it does cause thirst? So what? The hallucinogen part is just BS though. The closest I've ever come to actually hallucinating are closed-eye-visuals while laying down.

Over time it can uncover latent schizophrenia in susceptible individuals perhaps. I've been smoking pot for a very long time and I have never seen any of my friends, or their friends, or any of our dealers suddenly develop a case of schizophrenia. The average person who uses pot will almost certainly not develop any mental problems because of it.

I can vouch for that.. this guy does not know diddly squat about weed!!! just like you said, I've never ever seen someone hallucinate from cannabis. for one it gives you a plateau buzz, where as alcohol will put you face down on the ground with a broken neck or kill you altogether..

CDC - Fact Sheets-Alcohol Use And Health - Alcohol

Most alcohol-related ER visits 'due to beer'

Alcohol-related emergency room visits skyrocket in New York: 74,000 in 2009 - NY Daily News

Drunken teenage revelers now fifth-leading cause of emergency room visits at city's public hospitals - NY Daily News

CDC - Fact Sheets-Alcohol Use And Health - Alcohol 80 thousand deaths per year.. and not one documented overdose on weed..

I would like to see that numb nut show me links that show this kind of emergency room visits form weed..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2013, 08:09 PM

863 posts, read 1,195,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFi View Post
Why else would they smoke if not to get stoned catdancer? They like the taste?

I have met plenty of potheads, I was a pothead for 4 years. I personally think drugs should be legal, but I think all public benefits should require drug tests (for example you should not get the dependency tax deduction for a child who tests positive for drugs), that employers should be able to deny employment based on drug tests, and that public schools should be able to deny enrollment based on drug tests. Private businesses should be able to bar drugs and stoned patrons from their properties as well.
I personally consume more edibles than smoke.....and why? Because I have chronic sciatica, a degenerative disc or 2 in my back, a non existent disc from surgery and a neck and back riddled with arthritis. I choose not to take addictive pain killers (been there, done that) but I treat my pain with MJ oil or edibles with the goodness baked right in. I seldom take oil during the day because it can be a bit debilitating (in a happy way) but save it for when I'm in for the night. It allows me pain free hours, which in turn allows me to sleep for longer than 45 minutes at a time.

There's a lot of research being done with CBDs ( a compound in cannabis that has significant medical effects but does not have the psychoactive effects of THC.) and they're showing a lot of promise as an anti epileptic treatment as well as anti nausea and better pain control without addictive qualities.

I don't get why you're so vehemently arguing something you clearly don't have a complete grasp of. I also don't understand why you speak the way you do when you claim to favor legalization. That statement pretty much negates most of what you said earlier. Are you just trolling?

Old 08-28-2013, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catdancer View Post
I personally consume more edibles than smoke.....and why? Because I have chronic sciatica, a degenerative disc or 2 in my back, a non existent disc from surgery and a neck and back riddled with arthritis. I choose not to take addictive pain killers (been there, done that) but I treat my pain with MJ oil or edibles with the goodness baked right in. I seldom take oil during the day because it can be a bit debilitating (in a happy way) but save it for when I'm in for the night. It allows me pain free hours, which in turn allows me to sleep for longer than 45 minutes at a time.

There's a lot of research being done with CBDs ( a compound in cannabis that has significant medical effects but does not have the psychoactive effects of THC.) and they're showing a lot of promise as an anti epileptic treatment as well as anti nausea and better pain control without addictive qualities.

I don't get why you're so vehemently arguing something you clearly don't have a complete grasp of. I also don't understand why you speak the way you do when you claim to favor legalization. That statement pretty much negates most of what you said earlier. Are you just trolling?

they got a few gestapo on here that would say you are just eating it to get "high".. I know better and, even if you did not have that ailment I would care less what you do.. pot is the least harmful drug out there..

Old 08-28-2013, 08:47 PM

863 posts, read 1,195,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
they got a few gestapo on here that would say you are just eating it to get "high".. I know better and, even if you did not have that ailment I would care less what you do.. pot is the least harmful drug out there..
I'll admit it - I like to get high but I don't like to be "high" all the time. I look forward to the day when marijuana is legal so it can be studied better without exception grants. I predict that in the future we will be able to take advantage of the medical benefits of the sweet leaf without the high. Getting "high" will be a choice rather than a consequence of using MM.

......and that scares the hell out of the pharmaceutical companies. Imagine a multi-purpose, natural drug that peeps can grow in their own backyard...........the horror.......people self medicating without throwing a couple of hundred bucks into the healthcare morass. Sinful, isn't it?

Old 08-28-2013, 08:55 PM

Quote:
I'll admit it - I like to get high but I don't like to be "high" all the time. I look forward to the day when marijuana is legal so it can be studied better without exception grants. I predict that in the future we will be able to take advantage of the medical benefits of the sweet leaf without the high. Getting "high" will be a choice rather than a consequence of using MM.

......and that scares the hell out of the pharmaceutical companies

I was just checking out the Seattle hemp fest 2013 on this vid, and I'm shocked!!!! I've never ever seen so many evil people in one place at one time, its freaking unbelievable

THE OFFICIAL 2013 SEATTLE HEMPFEST WALKTHROUGH - YouTube

Old 08-28-2013, 09:01 PM

Quote:

......and that scares the hell out of the pharmaceutical companies. Imagine a multi-purpose, natural drug that peeps can grow in their own backyard...........the horror.......people self medicating without throwing a couple of hundred bucks into the healthcare morass. Sinful, isn't it?

PEACE, HOPE YOUR BACK IS BETTER.. back pain really sucks I know,I pulled mine out many times lifting heavy rocks logs and so on.. weed definitely helps with the back pain..

Old 08-28-2013, 09:02 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,317,542 times
Hempfest? Godless hippies, the lot of them.

Old 08-28-2013, 09:08 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,580,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
The World's Most Marijuana-Friendly Countries (INFOGRAPHIC)

Did you know it is legal in NORTH Korea?

Portugal legalized ALL DRUGS in 2001. There is information at the bottom of the map to tell of the results.
Not sure we should be looking to North Korea for guidance....

"North Korea started manufacturing meth in big state-run labs. The country badly needs hard currency and has almost no legitimate international trade. But it was able to exploit the black market trade across the Chinese border by sending state-made meth into China and bringing back the money of Chinese addicts."
How North Korea got itself hooked on meth

Old 08-29-2013, 05:44 AM

8,483 posts, read 6,929,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
So why do you feel the need to have some chemical help to feel good? Your self-esteem that bad you need an outside substance to overcome your feelings of self-loathing and disgust? Or that your creativity comes from the hallucinogenic part of the use? So you are a daily user. That crap will catch up to after a while.

You need medical help.
You do realize that your body is made up of chemicals. That in fact everyone uses chemicals to feel better.
Be it thoughts, emotions, food, sex, exercise etc...

Old 08-29-2013, 06:17 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,981,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Propaganda? Been listening to burnouts again?

Why Singapore doesn't have a drug problem. They hang people there fairly rapidly. For possession of intoxicating substances of which your plant qualifies.

Wow. Just wow! And I suppose that you call yourself a Christian. The fact that you would EVEN support state sponsored murder over someone consuming a plant tells me everything I need to know about you. And you think pot smokers are a danger to society? You may want to look in the mirror pal!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies