Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2013, 12:25 PM

2,137 posts, read 1,901,359 times

Advertisements

Do you realize most people grow out of recreational drug use in their teens to early twenties, when the mind becomes mature enough to pursue more enlightening/rewarding forms of stimulation? Arrested adolescence is nothing to be flaunting. Few things are sadder than a grown man engaging in "weed culture". It's like those creepy adults who are making goofy children's content on youtube, you have to wonder what their issue is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2013, 12:32 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,981,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Small government and lawless state are not synonymous

And small government is not synonymous with dictating what others can and cannot put in their body, when they are causing no harm to anyone! You're a hypocrite if you think otherwise!

Let me make this as simple as I possibly can for you, as far as how I see things in life. Things like murder, assault, robbery, embezzlement, rape, pedophilia all cause harm to others, and are criminal actions! Those are actions that deserve harsh punishments! Someone smoking a doobie in their own home, on their own couch is not causing harm to anyone else. Therefore, it is simply illogical to think of it as a criminal action! Now you tell me how in good conscience you can consider someone smoking a doobie in the privacy of their own home is on par with the other things that I've mentioned? What? Because of some red-tape bureaucratic bulls***? Give me a freakin' break! Not all laws are just! And I'm sorry, but if you put me on a jury for someone on trial for possession of marijuana, I'm going to vote not guilty everytime!

Old 08-29-2013, 12:36 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,726,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunar Delta View Post
If that had been an alcohol-based event, it would have been a disaster of epic proportions, full of assaults, rapes, and possibly a murder or two, lots of fires and a good smattering of broken storefronts and overturned cars.

And yet ethanol consumption is legal. Ridiculous!

it's amazing one can run the engine in your car/truck on the hard booze...

but i'm not for prohibition!!! lots of people drink responsibly,, just don't put 10s of thousands of drinkers in one spot!!! or all of what you said will result if they do

Old 08-29-2013, 12:38 PM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
And small government is not synonymous with dictating what others can and cannot put in their body, when they are causing no harm to anyone!
Thanks for sharing your opinion, but you are mistaken. The duty of a government, small or large, is to create and enforce laws. Whether or not you agree with all the laws, is another story, and has absolutely nothing to do with the size of the government.

Old 08-29-2013, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFi View Post
When it comes to mind altering substances, yes they do. They are held accountable for your work-place injuries and productivity.

I work in sales. I assure you that my productivity is fine. I've been with this company over 4 years with the exception of a brief 6 month stint elsewhere. So by your logic, let's go ahead and ban alcohol too, because it too is a mind altering substance. I don't go to work under the influence of anything, as like I've said that is me time, and what I do on my time is not my employer's business.

Old 08-29-2013, 12:41 PM

2,137 posts, read 1,901,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
I work in sales. I assure you that my productivity is fine. I've been with this company over 4 years with the exception of a brief 6 month stint elsewhere. So by your logic, let's go ahead and ban alcohol too, because it too is a mind altering substance. I don't go to work under the influence of anything, as like I've said that is me time, and what I do on my time is not my employer's business.
I didn't say your employers has to care, I said they should have the option. That is a requirement i'd need for legalization.

Old 08-29-2013, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Do you realize most people grow out of recreational drug use in their teens to early twenties, when the mind becomes mature enough to pursue more enlightening/rewarding forms of stimulation? Arrested adolescence is nothing to be flaunting. Few things are sadder than a grown man engaging in "weed culture". It's like those creepy adults who are making goofy children's content on youtube, you have to wonder what their issue is.

do you feel this way about beer, wine champagne, hard liquor??? hope so, because if you don't what you just said is a double standard,, and by the way booze is way worse than weed ten fold.. look at post 151 proof

I can vouch for that.. this guy does not know diddly squat about weed!!! just like you said, I've never ever seen someone hallucinate from cannabis. for one it gives you a plateau buzz, where as alcohol will put you face down on the ground with a broken neck or kill you altogether..

CDC - Fact Sheets-Alcohol Use And Health - Alcohol

Most alcohol-related ER visits 'due to beer'

Alcohol-related emergency room visits skyrocket in New York: 74,000 in 2009 - NY Daily News

Drunken teenage revelers now fifth-leading cause of emergency room visits at city's public hospitals - NY Daily News

CDC - Fact Sheets-Alcohol Use And Health - Alcohol 80 thousand deaths per year.. and not one documented overdose on weed..

I would like to see that numb nut show me links that show this kind of emergency room visits form weed..

Old 08-29-2013, 12:44 PM

Quote:

Oh please! Spare us the hyperbole! You'd be suprised how many successful working professionals are engaged in the "weed culture." I'll bet you even work with a few of them! They could even be your neighbors too.

Furthermore, not all of us live our life with a stick up our a** and feel compelled to control what others want to do!

Old 08-29-2013, 12:48 PM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Arrested adolescence is nothing to be flaunting. Few things are sadder than a grown man engaging in "weed culture".
Sad, but true

Old 08-29-2013, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Thanks for sharing your opinion, but you are mistaken. The duty of a government, small or large, is to create and enforce laws. Whether or not you agree with all the laws, is another story, and has absolutely nothing to do with the size of the government.

the duty of gov is to work for the people!!! not against them.. its pretty darn clear that the majority of the populous is in favor of legalization..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies