Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2013, 06:22 PM

1,137 posts, read 1,398,396 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
Either you can dispute or you can't. I stand by what I wrote. conservatism is a poison, and conservatives generally speaking are very hateful people who believe insane things.

I can list factual example after example of the hateful policies that conservatives pursue, and the insane fake things conservatives believe.

I wish so many Americans weren't so terrified by the changing racial demographics that they'd embrace this conservative ideology, but I guess given American history, someone has to be those people who stood in the way of progress.

Actually you listed leftist lies and propaganda. There is no need to dispute that kind of garbage as anyone who isn't an unhinged leftist knows it's garbage.

Conservatives have nothing onliberals when it comes to hate. Liberals are the kings of gutter debate, accusing anyone who deviates from the left wing party line of being a racist, sexist, homophobe or some other baseless stigmatizing epithet.

Old 08-28-2013, 06:23 PM

37,963 posts, read 22,147,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by remoddahouse View Post
I seem to recall that Conservatism in this country used to make a lot more sense. There was always an influence from the bible thumpers that dumbed things down, but back in the 90's, Republicans actually mattered. They had pragmatic ideas such as Welfare reform, balancing a budget and the healthcare reform that the new, know nothing, whiny, emotional CINOs constantly complain about.

Now, all I hear from people who identify as conservative is emotional whining. I like talking politics, but all I hear from people is gay marriage and Obamacare. No holding the party accountable for the economic mess, no financial reform and no common sense policies. Just a bunch of spitey childish whiners. Sadly, if we ever get a good candidate for POTUS again, he or she will have to have spent so much time appealing to the trailer park books are bad types that they'll never win a mainstream election.

Even when I let people rant about Obamacare, they don't know anything about healthcare laws, the lack of Republican alternatives, people leeching off of the current system, etc. For immigration, the CINO experts I hear whining don't know anything about Reagan's policies and they seem to be waiting for some right wing extremist pipe dream of a law instead of doing something practical that will help.

Can we not throw these new Republicans into the ocean with the tea bags. They're destroying the country. We need real, intelligent conservatism back.
The democrats are no better, both parties are destroying the country. The life-long establishment politicians have turned Washington into their own little political circus. nothing going on outside their little Washington Beltway matters, which is why their agendas are silly, ignorant things, while we are all screaming for them to concentrate on jobs, the economy, and get a freaking handle on all this out of control spending.

Old 08-28-2013, 06:28 PM

37,963 posts, read 22,147,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
She is nothing but a liar. Those aren't things that conservatives advocate for either. She just spins the truth to fit her white race, conservative hatred.
Most libs here no nothing about conservative ideas. They have their cartoonish stereotypes, that they use to trot out these ridiculous straw men that they claim are "conservatives" and then start a post or thread to beat the straw man to death.

Old 08-28-2013, 06:30 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,296,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Declan's Dad View Post
Actually you listed leftist lies and propaganda. There is no need to dispute that kind of garbage as anyone who isn't an unhinged leftist knows it's garbage.

Conservatives have nothing onliberals when it comes to hate. Liberals are the kings of gutter debate, accusing anyone who deviates from the left wing party line of being a racist, sexist, homophobe or some other baseless stigmatizing epithet.
Again, right now conservative elected officials are discussing whether to shutdown the government. This is a fact. Right now conservative elected officials are discussing whether to raise the debt limit. This is a fact.
Right now conservative in various states are passing anti-voter laws. Right now conservative elected officials are opposed to immigration reform because they think those 11 million Mexican immigrants will vote for Democrats, they think that many Mexican immigrants are drug runners with calves the size of cantaloupes, they think muslim terrorists will act hispanic.

Right now conservative elected officials in various states are attempting to pass anti-homosexual legislation, anti-choice legislation.

This is the legislative agenda of elected conservatives.

This doesn't even begin to get into the insane and hateful things that conservative commentators, writers, radio show hosts believe.

Old 08-28-2013, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
Again, right now conservative elected officials are discussing whether to shutdown the government. This is a fact. Right now conservative elected officials are discussing whether to raise the debt limit. This is a fact.
Right now conservative in various states are passing anti-voter laws. Right now conservative elected officials are opposed to immigration reform because they think those 11 million Mexican immigrants will vote for Democrats, they think that many Mexican immigrants are drug runners with calves the size of cantaloupes, they think muslim terrorists will act hispanic.

Right now conservative elected officials in various states are attempting to pass anti-homosexual legislation, anti-choice legislation.

This is the legislative agenda of elected conservatives.

This doesn't even begin to get into the insane and hateful things that conservative commentators, writers, radio show hosts believe.
Muslim terorrists will act Hispanic? WTF?

This is too stupid to warrant a response. I'm going to ignore you now.

Old 08-28-2013, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Declan's Dad View Post
Muslim terorrists will act Hispanic? WTF?

This is too stupid to warrant a response. I'm going to ignore you now.
You can do whatever you want, but it doesn't change reality.

Rep. Louie Gohmert (R-TX), one of the most conservative members of the House, said on Wednesday that Islamic terrorists were training members to pretend to be Latino in order to infiltrate the United States.

"We know Al Qaeda has camps over with the drug cartels on the other side of the Mexican border," he said in an appearance on C-SPAN, according to the Huffington Post. "We know that people that are now being trained to come in and act like Hispanic [sic] when they are radical Islamists. We know these things are happening. It is just insane not to protect ourselves, to make sure that people come in as most people do ... They want the freedoms we have."

Gohmert previously criticized birthright citizenship by claiming it would enable pregnant terrorists to come to America, deliver their baby, and raise them as sleeper agents.

Here is a link to the video, so you can listen him say it. conservatives are truly insane and in denial.

Gohmert: Terrorists 'Act Hispanic' - AOL On

Old 08-28-2013, 06:45 PM

10,581 posts, read 9,782,576 times
I see the usual tactics are being exercised by the usual leftist fanatics.

Keep making barrages of statements with insults and lies about conservatives. This will put conservatives who fall for it, on the defensive, and keep them trying to refute the lies and insults. That way they are diverted from explaining conservatism and why it works better than any other philosophy in our imperfect world.

And it's working. Notice that most posts from conservatives here, are concerned with arguing with the leftist fanatics' lies.

Conservs, you're being had.

Get your act together. Try answering the OP's original question. Ignore the noise from the gutters.

Old 08-28-2013, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
I see the usual tactics are being exercised by the usual leftist fanatics.

Keep making barrages of statements with insults and lies about conservatives. This will put conservatives who fall for it, on the defensive, and keep them trying to refute the lies and insults. That way they are diverted from explaining conservatism and why it works better than any other philosophy in our imperfect world.

And it's working. Notice that most posts from conservatives here, are concerned with arguing with the leftist fanatics' lies.

Conservs, you're being had.

Get your act together. Try answering the OP's original question. Ignore the noise from the gutters.
conservatives are always fast with a conspiracy theory. The conservatives are being tricked, bamboozled, hoodwinked, lead astray, lol.

SMH another insane conservative fantasy.

I listed the actual policy pursuits of elected conservatives. Not one has disputed the validity of what I wrote.

I know the conservative agenda when laid bare is reprehensible and disgusting and not really defensible.

Old 08-28-2013, 07:00 PM

10,581 posts, read 9,782,576 times
As I mentioned, the Republican party of today is not particularly conservative. "Smaller, limited government" hasn't been on their agenda for quite a while.

They are now to the left of where John F. Kennedy's party was in 1962. At least Kennedy wanted, and implemented, major tax cuts, even as he began excessive spending. Today's Republicans are only practicing the latter.

Old 08-28-2013, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
As I mentioned, the Republican party of today is not particularly conservative. "Smaller, limited government" hasn't been on their agenda for quite a while.

They are now to the left of where John F. Kennedy's party was in 1962. At least Kennedy wanted, and implemented, major tax cuts, even as he began excessive spending. Today's Republicans are only practicing the latter.

Many, mostly on the left, make the mistake of equating the GOP with conservatism. The truth as you point out Little Acorn, is that the GOP is not actually conservative. They are mostly war mongering NWO neocons.

There are plenty of conservative intellectuals out there. They don't peddle the lies and propaganda that so called conservatives on TV all the time do. One example of a real conservative intellectual is Lew Rockwell. Yeah I know, most of you have never heard of him. So do yourself a favor, google his name and you will find out what real conservatism is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies