Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2013, 06:24 AM

742 posts, read 678,284 times

Advertisements

Maddow's rhetoric is a good example of the admin's propaganda machine. People are long fed up with it, meaning those who used to follow that are seeing what it really is now. Good for them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2013, 06:50 AM

16,761 posts, read 8,207,350 times
Note that year over year is a bad time for all the cable networks except TBS. which has 2 of the top 3 in cable.

No national election has a lot to do with cable news ratings. Also the cable box is going away as a lot of the people on this forum know.

Old 08-31-2013, 07:07 AM

57,229 posts, read 26,172,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhenomenalAJ View Post
Guess you teabaggers have something to gloat about, I'm sure having a liberal talk show host have a ratings slide is much more satisfying than actually getting a conservative into the White House. Anyway I suspect its because Chris Hayes is a terrible lead in, hes very bland. I used to watch Big Ed sometimes then tune into Rachel but I usually end up watching entertainment now.
Yes this is an important victory.

Old 08-31-2013, 07:29 AM

3,236 posts, read 3,936,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by truthseeking View Post
Maddow's rhetoric is a good example of the admin's propaganda machine. People are long fed up with it, meaning those who used to follow that are seeing what it really is now. Good for them.
Yet I'd bet Rush Limbaugh practically broadcasting from the White House basement didn't bother you in the least Rachel is actually a principled liberal who doesnt care much for Obama's triangulation of right wing principles. Liberal pundits will never be as successful as conservative pundits because conservatives are basically idiots who NEED Rush Limbaugh to tell them what to say to liberals. Most liberals never listen to liberal shows or talk radio because one becomes liberal through education and life experience rather than by listening to a radio show with a loudmouthed Oxycontin addict.

Old 08-31-2013, 07:37 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
Yet I'd bet Rush Limbaugh practically broadcasting from the White House basement didn't bother you in the least Rachel is actually a principled liberal who doesnt care much for Obama's triangulation of right wing principles. Liberal pundits will never be as successful as conservative pundits because conservatives are basically idiots who NEED Rush Limbaugh to tell them what to say to liberals. Most liberals never listen to liberal shows or talk radio because one becomes liberal through education and life experience rather than by listening to a radio show with a loudmouthed Oxycontin addict.
This in large part is why Maddow's ratings suck. She too often takes this same viewpoint which gets very old very quickly. Many years ago when Alan Colmes was still just a radio guy I really liked listening to his program. Not because I agreed with him in most cases but rather because he presented his opinions in a respectful, principled manner.

It seems the left couldn't stand him when he went to Fox because he wasn't willing to compromise his principles or call those who he disagreed with names.

I would watch on occasion but I quit after he left.

Old 08-31-2013, 07:52 AM

3,236 posts, read 3,936,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
This in large part is why Maddow's ratings suck. She too often takes this same viewpoint which gets very old very quickly. Many years ago when Alan Colmes was still just a radio guy I really liked listening to his program. Not because I agreed with him in most cases but rather because he presented his opinions in a respectful, principled manner.

It seems the left couldn't stand him when he went to Fox because he wasn't willing to compromise his principles or call those who he disagreed with names.

I would watch on occasion but I quit after he left.
Riiiiiight, thats why Alan Colmes was such a hugely popular radio personality (cough cough). Alan sold out to the right by being their little b***h to present liberals as wimpy strawmen. He made a very lucrative career of it but he is no hero to liberals. Again, conservatives are too braindead to defend their ideas without Rush and the like, its why conservative radio prospers when America has so few actual right wingers. Liberals dont need to be told what to think, a person wouldnt be liberal in the first place if they werent educated. That is the permanent dilemma liberal pundits and hosts face and its why there will never be a liberal as popular as Rush. Rachel has done remarkably well for herself considering how bleak it is for liberal pundits.

Old 08-31-2013, 07:55 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
Riiiiiight, thats why Alan Colmes was such a hugely popular radio personality (cough cough). Alan sold out to the right by being their little b***h to present liberals as wimpy strawmen. He made a very lucrative career of it but he is no hero to liberals. Again, conservatives are too braindead to defend their ideas without Rush and the like, its why conservative radio prospers when America has so few actual right wingers. Liberals dont need to be told what to think, a person wouldnt be liberal in the first place if they werent educated. That is the permanent dilemma liberal pundits and hosts face and its why there will never be a liberal as popular as Rush. Rachel has done remarkably well for herself considering how bleak it is for liberal pundits.
Well, there we go.

Old 08-31-2013, 08:02 AM

52,681 posts, read 47,932,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
For you -

The good news: you can gloat today, which you're obviously enjoying.

The bad news: her ratings will get better.

There are hundreds of cable and satellite choices, and many of them have little to no viewership at all. By the time your delusion comes true, it will have never happened. She'll have been off the air by that time and replaced with another host.

Old 08-31-2013, 08:55 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times
A solid hour of just listening to Rachel ramble on is a bit much. Sometimes she is funny and she certainly doesn't always agree with the President . . but still . . an entire hour listening to one person's commentary? Can't do it.

She needed to invite more guests on. Guests that didn't always agree with her.

Old 08-31-2013, 09:33 AM

6,454 posts, read 7,007,212 times
The bottomline is....the show sucks. It's not just that I disagree with her POVs, but more so that she's an academic who is attempting to cross the line into pop culture and it simply doesn't work on her end.

BTW Her show also crashed and burned on Air America radio back in 2007.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies