Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2013, 10:00 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,897,671 times

Advertisements

Well now the far-left has Al Jazera. If you have Direct, it is 359. I personally refuse to watch it because it shares its name with the Muslim news network in the Arab world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2013, 10:02 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,678,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Interesting, I wonder what was going on in August 2012....can anyone think of any major events?
CNN is the only cable channel to see their numbers go up, as compared to August 2012.

Compared to August 2012, CNN is up +9% in A25-54 and up +6% in total viewers in primetime, and up +13% in A25-54 and up +6% in total viewers in total day. Last August every cable news channel was down except for MSNBC, which benefited in part from Olympics coverage

Compared to August 2012, Fox News was down -10% in total viewers and -24% in the A25-54 demographic in total day. In primetime, the network was down -15% and -24%, respectively. The network was down in both total viewers and the A25-54 demographic in every hour of programming from 9am-11pmET, except for “The Five,” which was flat in total viewers and down -25% in the demo.

Compared to August 2012, MSNBC was down -28% in total viewers and -32% in the A25-54 demographic in total day and -36% and -32%, respectively, in primetime. MSNBC was the only cable channel to see viewership growth last August, thanks in part to live coverage from the Olympics.

Old 08-28-2013, 10:02 AM

5,094 posts, read 5,174,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaturaccioli View Post
Good point. Conservatives don't try to get shows thrown off the air or try (and fail miserably every time) to organize boycotts. We actually fight our battles in the realm of ideas and opinions. Liberals just call people names and try to get mommy-government to make us shut up.

Rocky Madcow has finally leaned so far forward that the audience sees she is making it up as she goes. MSNBC will not have the rest of the lineup subsidize her show for long. They are in business to make money.

Old 08-28-2013, 10:03 AM

6,193 posts, read 5,368,535 times
Maybe both viewers were on vacation at the same time?

Old 08-28-2013, 10:05 AM

7,359 posts, read 5,463,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
You cons won't be happy until there are no liberal voices left on the air at all.
It isn't the conservatives who pushed for the fairness doctrine. There aren't any conservatives having protest marches outside the offices of MSNBC. There aren't any conservatives lobbying the government to revoke MSNBC's broadcasting license. You're looking in the wrong direction.

Old 08-28-2013, 10:07 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
I'm still trying to figure out why normal everyday people worry about tv news show ratings. What's that all about?

Rachel Maddow has undoubtedly pocketed a few million bucks, and none of you have. Besides, what is her show's demise gonna do for you personally? They'll just plug another liberal in that slot, and you'll still be schlepping to a job everyday.

I watch some news shows from time to time, and I like a few of them. But I ain't losing any sleep about their ratings. I'm not getting a check from the networks.

Old 08-28-2013, 10:07 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,678,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Well now the far-left has Al Jazera. If you have Direct, it is 359. I personally refuse to watch it because it shares its name with the Muslim news network in the Arab world.
I would not be so quick to totally discount Al Jazera, i have read some very well written unbiased news reports from them. If anything, news sources like the NYT, ABC, NBC, MSNBC are so biased and removed from reality, that they are a joke, and nothing more then political propaganda.

I would wager that more times then not, the liberals do not like Al Jazera's stories concerning issues involving US politics, because they are not spinning to cover up for "The One.".

Old 08-28-2013, 10:09 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,897,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
It isn't the conservatives who pushed for the fairness doctrine. There aren't any conservatives having protest marches outside the offices of MSNBC. There aren't any conservatives lobbying the government to revoke MSNBC's broadcasting license. You're looking in the wrong direction.
No because NBC-Universal pays for it. Any network can play what they want, I just don't have to watch it. I'll have to pay for it because of channel bundles but I think I've only watched MSNBC like once this year (mainly cause CNN was doing coverage on one of the bigger court cases of the year non-stop.)

Old 08-28-2013, 10:10 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,346,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I'm still trying to figure out why normal everyday people worry about tv news show ratings. What's that all about?

Rachel Maddow has undoubtedly pocketed a few million bucks, and none of you have. Besides, what is her show's demise gonna do for you personally? They'll just plug another liberal in that slot, and you'll still be schlepping to a job everyday.

I watch some news shows from time to time, and I like a few of them. But I ain't losing any sleep about their ratings. I'm not getting a check from the networks.
Try to follow along here:

Maddow spews ultra left wing bull feces.
Many on this board agree with her sentiment.
If her ratings are falling that means that less people are watching her and less people agree with her.

Savvy?

Old 08-28-2013, 10:10 AM

2,295 posts, read 2,369,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
You cons won't be happy until there are no liberal voices left on the air at all.

That is actually hilarious, and made me laugh. You are serious? Have you heard of Clinton dusting off the Fairness Doctrine when he felt threatened by talk radio? How about the constant assault of conservative commentators going on today? Liberal groups routinely harass their advertisers in nothing short of a naked attempt to get them off the air. Most conservatives don't actively try to silence liberal pundits, in fact, it is more effective to let them talk. They cause their own credibility to tank far more effectively than anything conservatives groups could do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies