Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2013, 08:25 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,451,300 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHouse9 View Post
I think this is great but at the same time, why are we celebrating this? We should be EXPECTING this of everyone. It speaks a lot of how our media reports things, how the parents in our society raise their children (both the good and the bad) and how we have lowered our standards for ethics and integrity.
No, what we should be expecting is that as soon as they realized the store was closed they should have left. This is no good thing they did, what they did was illegal.

Old 08-29-2013, 08:25 AM

9,855 posts, read 15,204,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
BS! They KNEW it was closed when nobody was there! What is wrong with you people! The right thing to do was to leave ASAP! So, if your door is open to your house, I can just walk in and take a nap on your bed? Hey I didn't steal anything.
Stop talking, you are just embarrassing yourself. It was a sunday afternoon, it was sunny, so the store wouldn't be dark. If you went up to a store, pulled on the door and it opened, how the hell would you know it is closed?

Old 08-29-2013, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hnsq View Post
Stop talking, you are just embarrassing yourself. If you went up to a store, pulled on the door and it opened, how the hell would you know it is closed?
When there is no cashier? You are the one embarrassing yourself here along with others. So again, if your door is open I can just help myself to enter and hang out if I don't steal anything?

Old 08-29-2013, 08:27 AM

52,698 posts, read 34,548,464 times
Quote:
What the hell were they doing in a closed store? That is trespassing. Don't even try and say they didn't know, they knew fully well it was closed. Stop praising this, what they did was illegal from the start even if they did pay for it.
no, no, no.

we must praise them endlessly and shower them with cash for not stealing something.

Old 08-29-2013, 08:28 AM

9,855 posts, read 15,204,453 times
Quote:
When there is no cashier? You are the one embarrassing yourself here along with others. So again, if your door is open I can just help myself to enter and hang out if I don't steal anything?
It is unbelievably common for small convenience stores to have only one person working, so the cashier is often in the back getting more product, or in a corner somewhere stocking shelves.

Do you just look for ways to be intentionally difficult?

Old 08-29-2013, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
no, no, no.

we must praise them endlessly and shower them with cash for not stealing something.
I know, that is where society is going. Do what you want on other people's property as long as you don't steal anything. People praising this are morons with no morals.

Old 08-29-2013, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hnsq View Post
It is unbelievably common for small convenience stores to have only one person working, so the cashier is often in the back getting more product, or in a corner somewhere stocking shelves.

Do you just look for ways to be intentionally difficult?
Stop with the excuse hunting. You are embarrassing yourself. Again, can I just walk into your house if the door is unlocked and hang out? I see you won't answer that.

Old 08-29-2013, 08:40 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,328,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post

I find it odd that this story made national news. To me it is rather silly that it did. Kids - even young black men with dreads - are honest and not thieves every day.
I was thoroughly ticked off this made the national news and the stereotypes it propagates. The attitude seems to be...OMG, look at that, black people...and they didn't steal anything! How amazing!

C'mon folks, we all know and work with hard-working god-fearing black people that want nothing more than respect and being left alone.

Old 08-29-2013, 08:41 AM

4,112 posts, read 4,474,269 times
Quote:
No, what we should be expecting is that as soon as they realized the store was closed they should have left. This is no good thing they did, what they did was illegal.
Really SourD. Did someone **** in your milk this morning?

Old 08-29-2013, 08:45 AM

13,053 posts, read 12,950,358 times
Quote:
I know, that is where society is going. Do what you want on other people's property as long as you don't steal anything. People praising this are morons with no morals.
I totally missed that the store was closed in the headline. /headsmack

That changes everything.

You are right, they trespassed.

I was simply looking at the paying for the items thing with nobody there.

It makes this worse because they committed a crime and then the story tries to go on about how honest they are because they paid for the goods. If they were so honest, they would have respected the closed sign. Them taking items (even with paying for them) without permission while a store is closed (closed store implies sales are not permitted) shows a certain disrespect for property ownership.

Now I am not saying these kids are thugs, but they do need a lesson of respect for private property.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies