Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2013, 03:33 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,158,856 times

Advertisements

First, he was just a contributing blogger, not an actual employee. And his profile page no longer exists on Huffington Post, which is how a blogger is told they are fired. Which he should be let go from the Huffpost for making an idiotic and vulgar comment like that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2013, 03:34 PM

415 posts, read 599,553 times
Huffington Post was partly started by and is partially run by women. I highly doubt they advocate rape. They can't stop their contributors from acting stupid anymore than Hollywood execs can stop their celebrities.

Old 08-28-2013, 03:35 PM

26,457 posts, read 15,049,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
So what? Do you believe that Glenn Beck's conservative "opinions" represent ALL conservatives about all things? This thread would have been more accurately entitle "ONE PERSON'S Absurd Opinion about One Woman."
I am making a mockery on the 2012 Obama gimmick to get re-elected..."war on women."

You know, the ways in which disingenuous Obama fools the sheep.

Old 08-28-2013, 03:36 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,859,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
Pascal Robert

Your Google-fu is weak, Silent Dragon.
Thank you for the link, but I can find no confirmation that Huffington Post ever employed him or paid him. There are a lot of bloggers out there. And Pascal Robert clearly is a blogger. And if the Huffington Post provided him with a platform, then they should certainly review their policies, because his remarks were crude and offensive.

Old 08-28-2013, 03:42 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,293,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Pascal Robert describes himself as "A Blogger who loves all things politics. SHEER political independent; unafraid to slay the most sacred cows of ideological orthodoxy from the Left, or the Right"

I guess he should add, "and an avid womanizer who publicly supports rape"

The left has never been short on hypocritical views, often displaying that parental "do as I say, not as do" thing.
What he wrote was insane, but you are spreading a lie. The man doesn't identify as a liberal or on the left. He wrote he is a political independent. So what the heck does this have to do with liberals? Not that self identified liberals can't and don't write very ignorant sexist things, but this guy isn't a liberal.

Old 08-28-2013, 03:44 PM

415 posts, read 599,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
What he wrote was insane, but you are spreading a lie. The man doesn't identify as a liberal or on the left. He wrote he is a political independent. So what the heck does this have to do with liberals? Not that self identified liberals can't and don't write very ignorant sexist things, but this guy isn't a liberal.
If conservatives say he's a liberal, then he's a liberal. Fact.

Old 08-28-2013, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
I am making a mockery on the 2012 Obama gimmick to get re-elected..."war on women."

You know, the ways in which disingenuous Obama fools the sheep.
Ah yes, because you can't see the difference of Republican congressmen attacking women's rights and a random idiot blogger on the Huffington Post.

Old 08-28-2013, 03:56 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,316,291 times
Rape wasn't mentioned anywhere. Reading is fundamental.

Old 08-28-2013, 03:59 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,686,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Thank you for the link, but I can find no confirmation that Huffington Post ever employed him or paid him. There are a lot of bloggers out there. And Pascal Robert clearly is a blogger. And if the Huffington Post provided him with a platform, then they should certainly review their policies, because his remarks were crude and offensive.
Eh, paid or unpaid, there's still an endorsement of his beliefs if they allow him to write things under their header.
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
First, he was just a contributing blogger, not an actual employee. And his profile page no longer exists on Huffington Post, which is how a blogger is told they are fired. Which he should be let go from the Huffpost for making an idiotic and vulgar comment like that.
Where are you looking? Because this page is still up:

Pascal Robert

Old 08-28-2013, 03:59 PM

I will say one thing that I have learned from this thread Dana Loesch is really pretty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies