Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2013, 12:08 PM

11,086 posts, read 8,544,279 times

Advertisements

This has ALWAYS been about Putin, not Assad or Syria.

And Putin is eating O's lunch.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2013, 12:08 PM

9,127 posts, read 7,943,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaten_Drinker View Post
The Russians stopped Hitler. They are more than capable of dealing with Limp-wrist Barack and Swiftboat Johnny.
The russians that stopped hitler are like hitler...dead.

this crop of russian leaders got their asses kicked by afghan rebels...remember?

Old 09-05-2013, 12:09 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
The hypocrisy is that we demanded it for ourselves and don't respect it for others.
At least when Great Britain went around and colonized they stayed there and ran the governments so there was some semblance of peace and order.
We go in and then leave and let chaos take over.
What's scary to me is we seem to go out of our way to avoid learning anything from past experiences.

Last edited by burdell; 09-05-2013 at 01:29 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 09-05-2013, 12:09 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
The russians that stopped hitler are like hitler...dead.

this crop of russian leaders got their asses kicked by afghan rebels...remember?
And so did ours. No one has ever went into Afghanistan and came out smelling good.

Old 09-05-2013, 12:14 PM

9,127 posts, read 7,943,324 times
Quote:
And so did ours. No one has ever went into Afghanistan and came out smelling good.
that big news to me...Are you saying that "W" mission accomplshed was a lie?

Say it aint so Joe.

Old 09-05-2013, 12:17 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
What's scary to me is we seem to go out of our way to avoid leaning anything from past experiences.
Boy is that the truth. The Dems have truly done a total about face.
I really thought Obama was going to pull everyone back home soon after being sworn in. That was based on how anti war the Dems were under Bush.

And today we have the Dems arguing FOR invading Syria.
Total about face here and it's odd debating folks who were ready to hang Bush for the Iraq war now telling us we HAVE to invade Syria.

Shows you that nothing is more important then party politics.
They are not against or for war because of their conscience; it's all about who sits in the Oval Office when the war drums start beating.

Old 09-05-2013, 12:18 PM

12,039 posts, read 6,570,692 times
Quote:
China minds their own business. They are not the world police.

If a people do not like their living conditions they need to rise up and change it.
An internal civil war has much more meaning when it's fought from within.

Lincoln went to great strides to make sure that no foreign country got involved in our Civil War.
The Civil War was our internal war. It was up to us and no one else.

You either police the world with your ideology or you let people do it themselves.

No country in the ME is anywhere near ready for US style "democracy". They are still living by tribal and religious rule.
I totally agree -- especially in bold.

Old 09-05-2013, 12:19 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
What's scary to me is we seem to go out of our way to avoid leaning anything from past experiences.
Well burdell I have to agree with you for once. The question is though is it a mistake that was and is being made or is it just US foreign policy tied to the petrodollar?? I think the latter. We may not like it but it appears something is going to be done here.

Old 09-05-2013, 12:21 PM

Quote:
I doubt nuking the damn mountain ranges over there would get em all.

Old 09-05-2013, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Boy is that the truth. The Dems have truly done a total about face.
I really thought Obama was going to pull everyone back home soon after being sworn in. That was based on how anti war the Dems were under Bush.

And today we have the Dems arguing FOR invading Syria.
Total about face here and it's odd debating folks who were ready to hang Bush for the Iraq war now telling us we HAVE to invade Syria.

Shows you that nothing is more important then party politics.
They are not against or for war because of their conscience; it's all about who sits in the Oval Office when the war drums start beating.
Yeah and Lincoln got shot for issuing greenbacks. All about the dollar just like it is now. Times change yet they remain the same.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies