Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How do you grade Obama?
A! 32 9.79%
B+ 18 5.50%
B 18 5.50%
B- 20 6.12%
C+ 12 3.67%
C 14 4.28%
C- 9 2.75%
D+ 19 5.81%
D 34 10.40%
F 151 46.18%
Voters: 327. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2013, 02:14 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,562,354 times

Advertisements

Geez what happens when a bunch of Conservatives who probably never voted for Obama are polled about his performance and asked to grade him on C-D? Now Now don't be biased!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2013, 02:42 PM

8,016 posts, read 5,856,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post

Somebody that casts a D or an F listens to Alex Jones or Limbaugh way too much. Works the other way around, too

I listen to neither. I based my grade on how effective he was at getting things done. I'm not a party homer like a lot of voters. I'm interested in elected officials getting things done, and doing what they promised to do. I'm not interested in partisian politics. I'm interested in politicians doing the right thing for the citizens of the United States -- the same ones that elected them -- and being held accountable when they don't. I don't draw my opinion from the media, which is corrupt on both sides of the aisle. And I repeat: if someone could give Obama an A or B after his first five years, they are either a relative or a sycophant. He is a liar like virtually every other politician on the planet, but what makes him a particularly disgraceful liar is the distance between his lies and the actual truth.

Obama's biggest lie -- which cemented his "F" from me -- was the one he told about how the discussions about Obamacare would be "completely transparent". They weren't. You and I should have been represented at the table, but we weren't. Do you know who was? BigPharma. BigInsurance. BigMedical. And BigLaw.

The discussion should not have been centered around "who is going to pay for the costs of health insurance" as much as it should have been centered around "why is health insurance so expensive in the first place?".

But that's a very difficult discussion to have with people that you are in bed with, and are beholden to. Obama lied through is teeth with his pathetic campaign promises, and millions in 2007 -- me included -- were so desperate to believe him that we bought his lies. We bought his skinnier-than-his-ankles-resume' because we really thought that he was going to make things better, because hey, after all, he's not a legacy politician.

What we didn't realize was that Barack Obama was -- and still is -- a grifter.

Old 08-30-2013, 02:52 PM

9,324 posts, read 16,661,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by remoddahouse View Post
Put away the emotion and take a step back. No matter if it was him or McCain in office in 2009, neither would have been able to spend the whole time campaigning. Feel free to show any data about how he did any more or any less than any other President?

The guy inherited a financial disaster, car companies dying, two wars, bin Laden on the loose, etc. Sorry, but saying he didn't do any work is just childish and inaccurate. You might disagree with some of the things he did, but to say he didn't work is silly. POTUS is a hard job with no real vacation and they all work a ton.

In terms of fixing something, are we still at war in Iraq? Afghanistan? Is bin Laden alive? Is the economy still in recession? How's the stock market doing?

Sorry but what you're saying is a load of BS.
Sorry but what you're saying is straight from the Dem brainwashing.

Talk about rose-colored glasses....

Old 08-30-2013, 02:52 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,078,355 times
I gave him a D because he is an outright liar.

Old 08-30-2013, 03:01 PM

8,016 posts, read 5,856,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
I gave him a D because he is an outright liar.
Indeed he is.

What bothers me is that this fact does not seem to bother his supporters, even when the lie is obvious.

The old adage "If he's willing to lie about anything, he's willing to lie about everything" certainly applies here.

Old 08-30-2013, 03:06 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,440,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1 View Post
Indeed he is.

What bothers me is that this fact does not seem to bother his supporters, even when the lie is obvious.

The old adage "If he's willing to lie about anything, he's willing to lie about everything" certainly applies here.

You have good points. And those who are so graciously willing to accept his lies about so much he has done. Are those very people who have enabled this President to lie!

I cannot stand people who stand by and enable. And with this President, this is what they have done.

Don't you people truly want a good economy thriving. And all the people i know who are out of work, or have recently lost a home or are about too. I want all these people to find a good job again.

Not saying Obama is not a good decent Husband and Father that he is and that we can see. But as a President of this Country, he stinks.

Old 08-30-2013, 03:08 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,832,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
Geez what happens when a bunch of Conservatives who probably never voted for Obama are polled about his performance and asked to grade him on C-D? Now Now don't be biased!
gee, perhaps we are actually grading him on his job performance maybe? i didnt like clintons policies, but i would give him a C+ or B- because he actually worked with the republicans for the betterment of the country. you liberals complain that republicans are being obstructionist, but the reality is that obama is also being obstructionist along with harry reid and nancy pelosi. it goes both ways you know.

Old 08-30-2013, 03:10 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,414,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
F.

If I wanted a dictator, I would prefer Putin.

At least he's an adult.
Right-wingers are traitors to this nation.

Their grades (Fs, obviously) mean nothing.

Old 08-30-2013, 03:14 PM

2,903 posts, read 3,456,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1 View Post
If anyone casts a vote for eiher A or B, they are either a relative or a sycophant.

I grade presidents on the content of their character, and I don't like liars.

Therefore, an F.
Maybe you could elucidate on his "lies." I mean, unlike some despots, he never led the country into war to defend his daddy's disgraced reputation. Therefore. an "A." I look forward to your list and will remind you of same if you fail to post them. Promise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post

No only are they traitors, they hate the very notion of democracy. But their party of old white males is dying off and will soon be irrelevant.

Old 08-30-2013, 03:17 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,832,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post

actually left wingers are traitors to the constitution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfieBoy View Post
Maybe you could elucidate on his "lies." I mean, unlike some despots, he never led the country into war to defend his daddy's disgraced reputation. Therefore. an "A."
really? libya doesnt ring a bell? how about his promise to have teh most transparent administration in history, right now the nixon administration was more transparent. or how about his promise of fiscal responsibility? he has spent more in four years than bush did in eight. and those are just two broken promises. nice try guys but you failed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies