Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2013, 05:03 PM

3,124 posts, read 4,935,410 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaPirate355 View Post
I haven't driven any kids to suicide. Lol WTF? You're being absolutely pathetic now. And "intelligent society" actually can see why I'm right, common sense dictates that it takes a man and a woman to create new life, and that the gay lifestyle cannot, it also spreads disease among themselves. Any intelligent person would disagree with it. But unless if someone supports your stupid agendas they are homophobe right?

I think you're just a Christian phobes, or a hetero phobes. Homophobe is a made up word you use to try and silence those you disagree with. Sorry but the 1st Amendment applies to Conservatives too. I don't hate gay people at all, nor am I afraid of them. Therefore the term homophobe does not apply to me.

Also never said my opinions were fact, and neither are yours.
You're the pathetic one. The rest of your post is nonsense to try and make yourself feel better. Antigays who post the BS that you do have blood on their hands. Sheltered gay kids read that drivel and aren't worldly enough to understand where it comes from. They internalize it and many do attempt suicide. The antigays in here a monsters. So sad. Sick and twisted people.

Old 09-20-2013, 05:10 PM

1,214 posts, read 1,695,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lior Arel View Post
You're the pathetic one. The rest of your post is nonsense to try and make yourself feel better. Antigays who post the BS that you do have blood on their hands. Sheltered gay kids read that drivel and aren't worldly enough to understand where it comes from. They internalize it and many do attempt suicide. The antigays in here a monsters. So sad. Sick and twisted people.
Such hyperbole. You may want to step down off that soap box, you're starting to sound like Hitler.

I'm not anti gay, there are many gay people in my life who I love. I don't care if a person is gay, it's not my business. I may disagree with their lifestyle, just like I disagree with people who live a drug lifestyle, but I honestly don't give a damn if people want to be gay. And I have no blood on my hands, I have never hurt a gay person, nor do I support those who do, I hate gay bashers like I said.

Anyway this is pointless. You're too biased and choose to be blind, you have already made up your mind. Call me all the names you want, it doesn't effect me and makes you the bigot.

Old 09-20-2013, 05:23 PM

3,124 posts, read 4,935,410 times
Quote:
Such hyperbole. You may want to step down off that soap box, you're starting to sound like Hitler.

I'm not anti gay, there are many gay people in my life who I love. I don't care if a person is gay, it's not my business. I may disagree with their lifestyle, just like I disagree with people who live a drug lifestyle, but I honestly don't give a damn if people want to be gay. And I have no blood on my hands, I have never hurt a gay person, nor do I support those who do, I hate gay bashers like I said.

Anyway this is pointless. You're too biased and choose to be blind, you have already made up your mind. Call me all the names you want, it doesn't effect me and makes you the bigot.
Keep pointing your finger, your only pointing three more back at yourself. Thanks for the Hitler comparison. It really shows the low level of how your mind works. These supposed gay friends of yours don't know your dark feelings or if they do, they're just nice to you for social reasons. I seriously doubt you have any gay friends, bit make up any stories you want on here. I have no personal dog in this fight, bit Ill always refute your posts and vehemently. If I can save even one life, it's worth it.

Keep calling me names. Again, you don't affect me, but I'm here to refute you so as to prevent you from contributing to more kids hurting themselves.

Old 09-20-2013, 06:02 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,269,864 times
Quote:
No it's a lifestyle.
No its not. no more than heterosexuality is a "lifestyle".

Quote:
My sister converted to lesbianism after her ex boyfriend beat her up so much, and she took some radical feminist classes at college.
There is a lot missing from this "convenient" story. And most will say that she didn't conver to "lesbianism". She was either bi-sexual or a closet lesbian all along.

Old 09-20-2013, 06:43 PM

1,935 posts, read 4,775,225 times
Quote:
I haven't driven any kids to suicide. Lol WTF? You're being absolutely pathetic now. And "intelligent society" actually can see why I'm right, common sense dictates that it takes a man and a woman to create new life, and that the gay lifestyle cannot, it also spreads disease among themselves. Any intelligent person would disagree with it. But unless if someone supports your stupid agendas they are homophobe right?

I think you're just a Christian phobes, or a hetero phobes. Homophobe is a made up word you use to try and silence those you disagree with. Sorry but the 1st Amendment applies to Conservatives too. I don't hate gay people at all, nor am I afraid of them. Therefore the term homophobe does not apply to me.

Also never said my opinions were fact, and neither are yours.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post

There is a lot missing from this "convenient" story. And most will say that she didn't conver to "lesbianism". She was either bi-sexual or a closet lesbian all along.
Herein lies the main problem.

Homosexuals and their supporters say, to the conservatives: "there's no scientific evidence backing your claim, so by default ours is the best way". Conservatives say, to the homosexuals and their supporters: "there's no scientific evidence backing your claim, so by default ours is the best way".

Ideally, the best solution would be to "agree to disagree".

Yet, that can't happen, can it... because the liberals have taken over 2/3 of the government and now they're ramming laws down our throats about gay marriage and gay rights. This is the first time in American history that something deemed "perversion" for thousands of years, and not provably anything other than a choice, is being mainstreamed.

Liberals like to use the argument "your religion does not entitle you to break the law", which is a straw man because conservatives' argument is against the laws themselves. Why has it been legislated that we no longer have freedom of speech and total freedom of religious expression within our own lives? Why is it that NO business has ever been run out of town (at least in recent memory) for catering to the "gay community"... but yet, anytime a business or religious institution shows that it is Christian and won't serve events it considers "sinful" (such as gay marriage), there's a violent uproar? Christians being attacked by gay rights activists at gay pride parades? Do you think that any Christians would attack gay rights activists if they showed up to display protest signs at a Christian pride parade (if there even is such a thing anymore)? But yet, Christians are the bad guys, right?

When you're a baker, you are not providing a "public service". Public services are things like public education, police forces, fire departments, libraries, etc. that are paid for with tax dollars. A bakery is a PRIVATE business and nobody is __entitled__ to a baker's services. A church being sued for not doing a gay wedding? Is it a church or isn't it? What's next - a Jewish synagogue being sued for refusing to be open on Saturday? A Muslim mosque being sued for refusing to allow women to worship with their heads uncovered? (By the way, I betcha that almost all Jewish synagogues and Muslim mosques will refuse to do gay weddings also. Y'all planning on suing them out of existence too?)

Agree to disagree? That's a fine argument when coming from the liberal side of the fence but it conveniently overlooks the fact that the liberals are the one group that can never agree to disagree. Liberals have to ram their agenda down everyone else's throats, through the court system if not the legislative process.

And this is why we will eventually have legalized polygamous marriage, legalized bestiality, legalized marriage to people under age 16, and legalized incestuous marriage (at least in conditions where one or both of the partners is sterile). The whining minority will get some powerful people on board (heaven forbid some celebrity or politician misses "the next big thing"), and they'll ram their agenda down our throats.

You want to end this argument once and for all? Allow America to partition itself into two pieces - one conservative and one liberal. Have a six month window of time when people of either leaning can move to their chosen side if it doesn't cover their present geographic location by default. And then, we shall see what we shall see. Let the conservatives live peacefully with their own, and let the liberals live peacefully with their own. On the conservative side, "marriage", as a defined word and also as a condition for government benefits no matter what term is used to describe it, will be between ONE MAN and ONE WOMAN only. Divorces will not be granted willy-nilly, for the marriage institution shall be "covenant marriage" a la Arkansas. On the liberal side, "marriage" will be a fluid and changeable term, whose definition will be written in pencil and can change at any time by a simple vote of the public to include anything - gay marriage, polygamous marriage, gay polygamous marriage, etc. Time and observable evidence will prove which side "gets it right".

I mean, come on, liberals... you think we conservatives wallow in our own filth... why not let us do exactly that? Why not let us break free from you so that we can do as we wish and leave you alone?

Old 09-20-2013, 07:15 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,297,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomaniGypsy View Post
Herein lies the main problem.

Homosexuals and their supporters say, to the conservatives: "there's no scientific evidence backing your claim, so by default ours is the best way". Conservatives say, to the homosexuals and their supporters: "there's no scientific evidence backing your claim, so by default ours is the best way".

Ideally, the best solution would be to "agree to disagree".

Yet, that can't happen, can it... because the liberals have taken over 2/3 of the government and now they're ramming laws down our throats about gay marriage and gay rights. This is the first time in American history that something deemed "perversion" for thousands of years, and not provably anything other than a choice, is being mainstreamed.

Liberals like to use the argument "your religion does not entitle you to break the law", which is a straw man because conservatives' argument is against the laws themselves. Why has it been legislated that we no longer have freedom of speech and total freedom of religious expression within our own lives? Why is it that NO business has ever been run out of town (at least in recent memory) for catering to the "gay community"... but yet, anytime a business or religious institution shows that it is Christian and won't serve events it considers "sinful" (such as gay marriage), there's a violent uproar? Christians being attacked by gay rights activists at gay pride parades? Do you think that any Christians would attack gay rights activists if they showed up to display protest signs at a Christian pride parade (if there even is such a thing anymore)? But yet, Christians are the bad guys, right?

When you're a baker, you are not providing a "public service". Public services are things like public education, police forces, fire departments, libraries, etc. that are paid for with tax dollars. A bakery is a PRIVATE business and nobody is __entitled__ to a baker's services. A church being sued for not doing a gay wedding? Is it a church or isn't it? What's next - a Jewish synagogue being sued for refusing to be open on Saturday? A Muslim mosque being sued for refusing to allow women to worship with their heads uncovered? (By the way, I betcha that almost all Jewish synagogues and Muslim mosques will refuse to do gay weddings also. Y'all planning on suing them out of existence too?)

Agree to disagree? That's a fine argument when coming from the liberal side of the fence but it conveniently overlooks the fact that the liberals are the one group that can never agree to disagree. Liberals have to ram their agenda down everyone else's throats, through the court system if not the legislative process.

And this is why we will eventually have legalized polygamous marriage, legalized bestiality, legalized marriage to people under age 16, and legalized incestuous marriage (at least in conditions where one or both of the partners is sterile). The whining minority will get some powerful people on board (heaven forbid some celebrity or politician misses "the next big thing"), and they'll ram their agenda down our throats.

You want to end this argument once and for all? Allow America to partition itself into two pieces - one conservative and one liberal. Have a six month window of time when people of either leaning can move to their chosen side if it doesn't cover their present geographic location by default. And then, we shall see what we shall see. Let the conservatives live peacefully with their own, and let the liberals live peacefully with their own. On the conservative side, "marriage", as a defined word and also as a condition for government benefits no matter what term is used to describe it, will be between ONE MAN and ONE WOMAN only. Divorces will not be granted willy-nilly, for the marriage institution shall be "covenant marriage" a la Arkansas. On the liberal side, "marriage" will be a fluid and changeable term, whose definition will be written in pencil and can change at any time by a simple vote of the public to include anything - gay marriage, polygamous marriage, gay polygamous marriage, etc. Time and observable evidence will prove which side "gets it right".

I mean, come on, liberals... you think we conservatives wallow in our own filth... why not let us do exactly that? Why not let us break free from you so that we can do as we wish and leave you alone?
Stop with the Liberal versus Conservative BS. Gay rights support versus opposition, for the most part is generational and not ideological. Education also plays a big part as well.

Old 09-20-2013, 07:20 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,816,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post

Not really - some women become bitter and simply opp out of heterosexuality...it happens...not everything is governed by the mantra "born this way".....Human sexuality is not cut and dry...it is very complex...I have a friend - a young lesbian woman who I buy art supplies from...we chat a lot ...I asked here this question...."If you could find a male who had the same personal qualities as your female partner...could you be with that male?" She said yes....so it's not even about the sex - it is about the person.

Old 09-20-2013, 07:36 PM

1,615 posts, read 2,574,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Not really - some women become bitter and simply opp out of heterosexuality...it happens...not everything is governed by the mantra "born this way".....Human sexuality is not cut and dry...it is very complex...I have a friend - a young lesbian woman who I buy art supplies from...we chat a lot ...I asked here this question...."If you could find a male who had the same personal qualities as your female partner...could you be with that male?" She said yes....so it's not even about the sex - it is about the person.
Its not about just the person. Im not attracted to any female in any wsy. Never have been. Most gay people myself included dId Not choose to be gay. If even one person is gay without choice than all laws against gay people are invalid and unconstitutional. Every single minority no matter what size is covered by the constitution. Also asking if being gay is a choice is not a question that needs to be answered by scientists since there are first hand sources to ask. Science is needed for discovering mysteried not for already answered questions by first hand sources of the experience.

Old 09-20-2013, 07:41 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,320,050 times
Quote:

Of course. Being gay is just like wanting to be a heroin addict.

Old 09-20-2013, 07:50 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,816,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post

Of course. Being gay is just like wanting to be a heroin addict.
Hey I am sure that heroin feels great....sorry...but I can not buy into this modern phenomena regarding sexuality...it's more complex than portrayed by those who have made this a political and social issue of the day...I have known a few gay men who were not "bi-sexual" who have had sex with females...so what is that all about?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies