Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2013, 11:25 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,543,209 times

Advertisements

Ok, Bots, here it is:

I don't give a rat's ass about Syria or Assad.

Obama fomented the civil war there when he encouraged the 'Arab Spring' to topple dictators there and give those countries to terrorist organizations.

He's stupid enough to use Syria now to try to get back at Putin over Snowden. What has he done? Painted himself into a corner, that's what. If he bombs, he'll be seen as Bush III. If he doesn't bomb, he's made Putin the defacto winner again. So he'll let Congress take the blame.

O is an A-1 dunce AND coward.

The winner is: anyone who wants the boy king to reveal his true petty self.

Old 09-01-2013, 11:27 AM

2,256 posts, read 2,130,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordlover View Post
Based on flawed intelligence that the entire 'community' agreed on. So Bush was wrong, but 60 percent of the US was in favor of going into Iraq. Congress voted, and we went.

Now, about 75% of the US is against bombing Syria, and Obama says the intelligence is that weapons of mass destruction were used, only the UN and our British allies say we shouldn't attack.

I find it disturbing that the Bush era anti war group is remaining so silent at this point. My vote is that we stop this military action BEFORE it happens.
Iraq: Intel was wrong but everyone wanted war.

Syria: Intel is right but no one wants war.

Says a lot about us.

Not all of the Bush antiwar people are silent though.

I agree that we should stop being the damn world police. We can't afford another war, hell we can't afford the one we are still mired in...

Old 09-01-2013, 11:30 AM

9,828 posts, read 9,416,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaDem View Post
The vote in the Senate was 29-21 in favor of the way

in the House, it was 82 - 126 Against the war

that is in total 111 For, 147 against.

So how exactly did you come to the conclusion that Democrats were overwhelmingly supportive of the war when over half voted against it ?
It should be noted that the Cons were nearly 100% behind invading Iraq. That was, and always will be, their disaster.

Old 09-01-2013, 11:35 AM

2,040 posts, read 2,458,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonymouseX View Post
Iraq: Intel was wrong but everyone wanted war.
Because if it were correct, it was a threat to the USA

Quote:
Syria: Intel is right but no one wants war.
Because it isn't a threat to the USA. In fact, backing the rebels = backing our enemies (terrorists). Doesn't make sense to be on the same side as AlQaeda.

Posted with TapaTalk

Old 09-01-2013, 11:36 AM

2,256 posts, read 2,130,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bludy-L View Post
Because if it were correct, it was a threat to the USA

Because it isn't a threat to the USA. In fact, backing the rebels = backing our enemies (terrorists). Doesn't make sense to be on the same side as AlQaeda.

Posted with TapaTalk
Good point...

Old 09-01-2013, 11:51 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,003,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfieBoy View Post
Makes no difference -- show some respect, he's Secretary of State of the United States. And speaking of running mates, Sarah Palin? Sarah Palin?
HE is the one who needs to show some respect. I say **** on him. Sarah Palin? Is she in jail like the ambulance chaser?

Old 09-01-2013, 12:07 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,524,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Queen View Post
Oh and at least Bush had other countries and over 15 UN sanctions. Obama has NONE!!! Not even Britain but hey if Obama thinks it needs to be done then it needs to be done.
I believe that Congress is going to get to have a say, as well. It won't be 'just Obama'.

Old 09-01-2013, 12:10 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,003,124 times
Well will congress read the resolution before voting on it or just vote for it then find out what's in it after? I guess we will have to wait on what San Fran Nan has to say. Hey where has that old bat been hiding at anyway? Hopefully she stays in hiding. She's done enough damage to this nation.

Old 09-01-2013, 12:11 PM

2,903 posts, read 3,457,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Queen View Post
Hold the phone. Obama wants to enter into war with Syria because they used chemical weapons on their own people. Iraq did the same thing. So why is it ok to bomb Syria but it was not ok to bomb Iraq?
I see history isn't your strong suit -- better stick to NASCAR posts. Uh, ask your Sainted Ronnie "Doc, I Can't Fight In WWII -- Bad Eyes" Reagan. He was president during the gassing.

Old 09-01-2013, 12:14 PM

2,903 posts, read 3,457,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
Ok, Bots, here it is:

I don't give a rat's ass about Syria or Assad.

Obama fomented the civil war there when he encouraged the 'Arab Spring' to topple dictators there and give those countries to terrorist organizations.

He's stupid enough to use Syria now to try to get back at Putin over Snowden. What has he done? Painted himself into a corner, that's what. If he bombs, he'll be seen as Bush III. If he doesn't bomb, he's made Putin the defacto winner again. So he'll let Congress take the blame.

O is an A-1 dunce AND coward.

The winner is: anyone who wants the boy king to reveal his true petty self.
One could well assume that a person using this language is an out and out racist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies