Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2013, 06:57 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,458,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
So, you are saying Bush said that if we do not invade, we would lose access to sweet crude oil, and no one would buy oil in dollars anymore....... When did he say that? Even if he had said that, which he didn't, it would have been yet another lie, because sweet crude and dollar based oil trade was not about to disappear. Saddam selling some oil in other currencies was as meaningless as Venezuala doing it.

You can't make this up folks.....
You know how Soros was able to make $1 billion by short selling the Sterling? The British weren't keeping enough reserves in their central bank and it allowed a "run on the bank" which resulted in "Black Wednesday."

The point of keeping oil traded in dollars is there are very very large amounts of dollars floating around in the ME and in Europe. The reason there is so much floating around is to stabilize their currencies and to keep greedy azz liberal scumbag thugs like Soros from destabilizing their country and robbing it for political purposes.

So what happens if the US starts allowing countries like Iran, Iraq, etc. to start trading oil on the global market in something like Euros? You can find the answer to that in the example I gave above. So, Saudi Arabia gets left holding $5-8 trillion dollars while the value of the dollar plummets.

Who cares? You should because you saw once already in the 70's when the value of the dollar plummeted by 1/3. The results were gas lines miles long and the rationing of gas.

What would you do about it if they started trading oil in something else other than dollars and the defacto reserve currency was no longer the dollar? You'd send your military right over and start bombing the crap out of people. Except, it's going to be sort of hard to do that without light sweet crude oil making high octane gas for your jets.

Without LSC you're going to have a hard time making medicines and plastics. Do I really need to post all of the products you and your economy need to grow, for your houses to be built, your cars to run?

The proposed vehicle standards would reduce both tailpipe and evaporative emissions from passenger cars, light-duty trucks, medium-duty passenger vehicles, and some heavy-duty vehicles. The proposed gasoline sulfur standard would enable more stringent vehicle emissions standards and would make emissions control systems more effective.

Tier 3 Vehicle Emission and Fuel Standards Program | Cars and Light Trucks | US EPA

Do you understand what that means? Do you understand the standards that designate the quality of oils? I ask because it feels like I'm having to lead a horse to water here.

Old 09-08-2013, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
"Protecting our way of life" and lining my and my friends pockets at the same time

I guess he was honest in what he believed but did not mention what he was thinking when he said it
What part of "rogue states," "terrorist" and "your way of life" is troubling you? Iraq was a rogue state. Iran is a rogue state. Syria, Lybia, et al are all countries that have shown both an interest in the demise of the US and a disgust for easy credit that funds the "American Dream."

Old 09-08-2013, 07:14 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
You know how Soros was able to make $1 billion by short selling the Sterling? The British weren't keeping enough reserves in their central bank and it allowed a "run on the bank" which resulted in "Black Wednesday."

The point of keeping oil traded in dollars is there are very very large amounts of dollars floating around in the ME and in Europe. The reason there is so much floating around is to stabilize their currencies and to keep greedy azz liberal scumbag thugs like Soros from destabilizing their country and robbing it for political purposes.

So what happens if the US starts allowing countries like Iran, Iraq, etc. to start trading oil on the global market in something like Euros? You can find the answer to that in the example I gave above. So, Saudi Arabia gets left holding $5-8 trillion dollars while the value of the dollar plummets.

Who cares? You should because you saw once already in the 70's when the value of the dollar plummeted by 1/3. The results were gas lines miles long and the rationing of gas.

What would you do about it if they started trading oil in something else other than dollars and the defacto reserve currency was no longer the dollar? You'd send your military right over and start bombing the crap out of people. Except, it's going to be sort of hard to do that without light sweet crude oil making high octane gas for your jets.

Without LSC you're going to have a hard time making medicines and plastics. Do I really need to post all of the products you and your economy need to grow, for your houses to be built, your cars to run?

The proposed vehicle standards would reduce both tailpipe and evaporative emissions from passenger cars, light-duty trucks, medium-duty passenger vehicles, and some heavy-duty vehicles. The proposed gasoline sulfur standard would enable more stringent vehicle emissions standards and would make emissions control systems more effective.

Tier 3 Vehicle Emission and Fuel Standards Program | Cars and Light Trucks | US EPA

Do you understand what that means? Do you understand the standards that designate the quality of oils? I ask because it feels like I'm having to lead a horse to water here.
Is this your way of saying you cannot prove your claims? The "Iranian Oil Bourse" (google it) was a hot topic over ten years ago, but it turned out to be nothing but a scare theory.

Old 09-08-2013, 07:33 PM

4,798 posts, read 3,507,757 times

Old 09-08-2013, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Is this your way of saying you cannot prove your claims? The "Iranian Oil Bourse" (google it) was a hot topic over ten years ago, but it turned out to be nothing but a scare theory.
Maybe you should take your own advice. It was only started in 2012 (and still only trades in oil-derived products) and what has Obama done since then? I'll answer that for you. He's tried to further isolate Iran and made the same claims Bush was about Iranian nuclear weapons (that don't exist).

Maybe one day you'll wake the hell up and catch up to those of us who do understand the world and those of us that live in reality. Till then, dispense with the holier than thou couple of sentences of you trying to speak loud but saying little to nothing.

Old 09-12-2013, 06:47 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,318,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
What part of "rogue states," "terrorist" and "your way of life" is troubling you? Iraq was a rogue state. Iran is a rogue state. Syria, Lybia, et al are all countries that have shown both an interest in the demise of the US and a disgust for easy credit that funds the "American Dream."
Why because some politician who has his/her best interest at heart told you so? Those countries have existed long before the Americas were even thought of but now they are the "axis of evil" because a few wealthy and powerful people say that they hate us

Old 09-13-2013, 03:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Why because some politician who has his/her best interest at heart told you so? Those countries have existed long before the Americas were even thought of but now they are the "axis of evil" because a few wealthy and powerful people say that they hate us
South/North/Centra Americas havent been here long, as countries, this is true. But we, the USA, are the Dominate ones on this planet now. Dont like, then leave..
If you dont like the fact that our policies are to keep oil flow,amongst other things flowing here, then go somewhere where you dont need oil to live.
Turn your computer off, phone off, car off, lights off. Then remember its not just the electricity, and fuel,but most products are made with and transported to you using OIL.
I could go on, but the middle east is but one area we need as a collective country to survive. Yes, wehave our own oil, but we are hording it and using someone elses till they are depleted, much like a liberal does to conservative, using all the hard workers moneys via taxes to coddle the meek in society with food, housing,etc etc .
And if you dont see that some of these places are axis of evil, then stop waiting for a tweet or facebok entry. Watch the frickin' news. Islam is an evil government, not a religion but a government. The kuran is a book of laws, not a bible of guidance, just laws...

Old 09-13-2013, 07:49 AM

2,776 posts, read 1,841,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
If you dont like the fact that our policies are to keep oil flow,amongst other things flowing here, then go somewhere where you dont need oil to live. Turn your computer off, phone off, car off, lights off. Then remember its not just the electricity, and fuel,but most products are made with and transported to you using OIL.
I could go on, but the middle east is but one area we need as a collective country to survive. Yes, wehave our own oil, but we are hording it and using someone elses till they are depleted...
This is an example of the vampire consumer policy.
May middle eastern people use computers, phones, cars etc. as well?
Or this is a privilege of american people only?

Old 09-13-2013, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musiqum View Post
This is an example of the vampire consumer policy.
May middle eastern people use computers, phones, cars etc. as well?
Or this is a privilege of american people only?
My point is we only need the ME for oil right now. Thats the main reason we get into conflicts there.
Besides Israel, i could care lessof the ME.

Old 09-13-2013, 08:39 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
My point is we only need the ME for oil right now. Thats the main reason we get into conflicts there.
Besides Israel, i could care lessof the ME.
If it were just the oil then trade agreements would do it.
But it's not just the oil; it's the petrodollar that drives us to invade.

Every dead dictator was NOT trading in petrodollars.
Syria trades in Euros.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies