Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2013, 03:29 PM

8,949 posts, read 12,131,290 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternGuitarGuy View Post
Since you are so gung ho about war, perhaps you will be volunteering? USA! USA!
War? It seems like only RWNJ's are declaring war. I am for a limited engagement to do the maximum possible damage to the Assad regime, to indicate that chemical weapons are in-no-way acceptable.

Stop being a partisan hack. Think for yourself.

Old 09-03-2013, 03:32 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,477,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
do you mind me asking your national allegence? from this post, I am left to assume you are not American? (question only....no attack here)
I'm Canadian.

Old 09-03-2013, 03:32 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
War? It seems like only RWNJ's are declaring war. I am for a limited engagement to do the maximum possible damage to the Assad regime, to indicate that chemical weapons are in-no-way acceptable.

Stop being a partisan hack. Think for yourself.
Kerry is talking about ground troops now.

Kerry opens door to U.S. ground troops in Syria

There's nothing "limited" when you lob 900+ missiles into a country.
They said Libya was limited as well and lobbed several hundred into the country.

Are you thinking 2 or 3 ?

Old 09-03-2013, 03:35 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,657,742 times
Well, one thing you can say, Obama has managed to turn a bunch of right wing conservatives into a flock of anti-war peaceniks almost overnight.

Old 09-03-2013, 03:37 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Well, one thing you can say, Obama has managed to turn a bunch of right wing conservatives into a flock of anti-war peaceniks almost overnight.
Not the ones in Congress though and they are the ones that count.

Old 09-03-2013, 03:39 PM

8,949 posts, read 12,131,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post

They said Libya was limited as well and lobbed several hundred into the country.

From the article you reference:

Quote:
Secretary of State John Kerry opened the door Tuesday to sending American troops into Syria if Bashar Assad’s regime collapses and al-Qaida-linked extremist groups stand to get their hands on his chemical weapons.
I agree with him. In that case, we'd have to prevent al-Qaida groups from possessing the chemical weapons. Unless, of course, you'd like to see them released in the NY subway system.

How could you possibly disagree?

Old 09-03-2013, 03:41 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,657,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post

the way your posts have been rolling, you'll have the masses believing that we are going to storm the Syrian beaches like we did in WWII and that's not the case at all. If, the chemical weapons have a chance of falling into Al Nasra's hands we will move to secure them.
Yes, yes, I know AQ already has limited capability of CWs but they don't have delivery systems and they don't have military grade CW. We cannot allow syrian CW to fall into terrorists hands, period.

Old 09-03-2013, 03:45 PM

11,086 posts, read 8,539,703 times
lol.

It's so fun to hear all the leftists sound like Rumsfeld right before Iraq.

Old 09-03-2013, 03:47 PM

1,140 posts, read 1,300,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
the way your posts have been rolling, you'll have the masses believing that we are going to storm the Syrian beaches like we did in WWII and that's not the case at all. If, the chemical weapons have a chance of falling into Al Nasra's hands we will move to secure them.
Yes, yes, I know AQ already has limited capability of CWs but they don't have delivery systems and they don't have military grade CW. We cannot allow syrian CW to fall into terrorists hands, period.
Suppose Syria manages to destroy the American fleet. Then what? Did we make the right decision?

It's easy to say you want to wage war when you believe your adversary to be impotent.

Old 09-03-2013, 03:48 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,477,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
What are you talking about?

My willing assistance? Not so much.

Same standard should have been applied. Chemical weapons are unacceptable. Period.

Interestingly, during the period you are discussing, St. Ronald Reagan was president. Perhaps you should ask some of the more conservative folks around here why their party didn't react.
Yeah; you're right, things done in your name by your government have no reflection on you as an individual.

I get carried away sometimes.

An apology is in order and consider it tendered.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies