Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2013, 04:35 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,044,413 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
Rand Paul: Assad 'Protected Christians' in Syria, Rebels 'Attacking Christians'

See what I meant in my other post?

I sure would dislike him handling US foreign affairs, he has not a clue.

Stop with the liberal media bit, he's on camera saying what he did say.

People should seriously consider not sticking up for either of the Pauls, they both couldn't be the worst politicians ever if they even tried.
What's wrong with protecting a minority? You act as if this is a bad thing.

If Assad goes, the void will be filled by whom?

I know that you feel the need to support obama, but think about the ramifications of supporting Al Qaeda.

A true leader would not have drawn a red line unless they were certain that they're respected enough for it to carry weight.

Old 09-03-2013, 04:41 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,779,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post

I know that you feel the need to support obama, but think about the ramifications of supporting Al Qaeda.

A true leader would not have drawn a red line unless they were certain that they're respected enough for it to carry weight.
France and Germany showed their respect. I'm sure he was feeling the love from the terrorist rebels as well.

Thinking about the ramifications doesn't seem to be necessary. Obama has it all planned out. He will help Al Qaeda and they will become his new BFF and they will make more trips to the WH than Morsi and his Muslim Brotherhood friends combined. And peace will reign in Syria and the people of Syria will forever thank Obama for helping to bring about all that hope and change they wanted.

Old 09-03-2013, 04:42 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,849,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
The poster claimed that Rand Paul had 0 experience and no comprehension of ME foreign policy. I want to know what experience and ability to comprehend ME foreign policy Obama has?

Susan Rice. LOL

He also has General Dempsey advising him, someone with more experience and a better understanding of ME foreign policy than all the people you named above put together. But apparently Obama thinks his experience and understanding outweighs the General.

I will give Biden credit for his knowledge and comprehension on ME foreign policy and he's been in the game far longer than Obama. But I think Joe's a bit senile now.

Sitting on a committee makes one an expert?
So you don't know who those people are and their credentials, that's OK, you aren't required. You could take a bit of time to find out, but that would likely be a wasted effort.

Old 09-03-2013, 04:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
So you don't know who those people are and their credentials, that's OK, you aren't required. You could take a bit of time to find out, but that would likely be a wasted effort.
Amongst them - who has extensive experience and a deep comprehension of ME foreign policy? You might want to include Valerie amongst the experts of ME foreign policy seeing as that is who he actually listens to and takes his direction from. No one else from his inner circle has such a close relationship that they get to frequently sit down and have dinner with Obama and Michelle.

As for Susan Rice I will repeat myself - LOL!!!!

Last edited by softblueyz; 09-03-2013 at 05:04 AM..

Old 09-03-2013, 05:03 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,238,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
So you just contradict yourself! You say Paul has no experience but then when stated that Obama also had no experience you answer with a question about previous presidents and their experience.

Better to keep your mouth shut as you continue to stick your foot in it.
Not sure where you're going here, I won't bicker with lesser fools than myself, but, I'll ask again for the armchair diplomats in the room, name a US president who had foreign policy experience when assuming office.

Old 09-03-2013, 05:04 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,849,529 times
Quote:
Where did I say I don't know who those people are and their credentials? Besides Biden, they are not part of the inner circle. I guess you don't know the handful of people that make up his inner circle. Why don't you take some time to find out?

As for Susan Rice, I will repeat myself - LOL!!!!
Errr, while Rand Paul sold contact lenses .....

Susan Rice Biography - Facts, Birthday, Life Story - Biography.com

Old 09-03-2013, 05:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Errr, while Rand Paul sold contact lenses .....

Susan Rice Biography - Facts, Birthday, Life Story - Biography.com
Show me where Obama personally gained experience and knowledge that makes him an expert on ME foreign policy?? How is it that he knows more than General Dempsey?

Rand Paul is a joke.

I'll mark down Susan's birthday in my calendar and be sure to get a card out to her.

Old 09-03-2013, 05:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
Not sure where you're going here, I won't bicker with lesser fools than myself, but, I'll ask again for the armchair diplomats in the room, name a US president who had foreign policy experience when assuming office.
How can you point a finger at Paul or anyone else, including past Presidents, for not having any experience or comprehension of ME foreign policy, when in fact Obama probably knew as much about ME foreign policy as a senator as Paul does - or doesn't to be correct. Obama probably knew as much about Middle East foreign policy when he became president as he did when he was a senator - very little or next to nothing.

How does that work? What makes it OK for one and not for another? Why can't you admit that Obama was not experienced or fully comprehended ME foreign policy when he took office?

I would say that the closest anyone came to understanding foreign policy when they took office was General Eisenhower.

Five years down the road and Obama is still on a learning curve. Now either he is a very slow learner or he is getting bad advice.

Old 09-03-2013, 05:36 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,604,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
Yes, Rand Paul...who endorses Assad after he used Sarin gas on 1,400 civilians.

Rand Paul: Assad 'Protected Christians' in Syria, Rebels 'Attacking Christians'
He is basically endorcing Iran with statements like this, and that is not a good thing. It would have been better to simply say he does not agree with world policing. He should try to be more like his father.

Old 09-03-2013, 05:37 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,238,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post

No you don't.
In a different thread, I stated that Obama should never have stated anything about a red line pertaining to Syria. He must have taken a talking point from an Israeli government official. Dumb move.

If a country, namely America, is going to take any type of action, diplomats and foreign policy enforcers should keep their traps shut about with what they're about to do.

In this mornings rag, Syrian forces are now occupying schools and churches, in preparation for an attack.

It was wrong to telegraph what we were about to do. Never, ever do that if an attack is even remotely imminent.

Genocide by any government or force is wrong, and let's leave religious beliefs out of this, there's nothing right about killing mass numbers of anyone's people.

I also read this morning that Syrian refugees topped 2 million people today, what's so righteous about that?

Quote:
How can you point a finger at Paul or anyone else, including past Presidents, for not having any experience or comprehension of ME foreign policy, when in fact Obama probably knew as much about ME foreign policy as a senator as Paul does - or doesn't to be correct. Obama probably knew as much about Middle East foreign policy when he became president as he did when he was a senator - very little or next to nothing.

How does that work? What makes it OK for one and not for another? Why can't you admit that Obama was not experienced or fully comprehended ME foreign policy when he took office?

I would say that the closest anyone came to understanding foreign policy when they took office was General Eisenhower.

Five years down the road and Obama is still on a learning curve. Now either he is a very slow learner or he is getting bad advice.
You did that my friend, in a earlier post. Pointing to Obama's lack of foreign policy experience.

I don't believe Paul is privy to the intelligence gathered thus far. Obama's team will be briefing lawmakers this week and probably will until action or inaction takes place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies