Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2013, 12:23 AM

33,532 posts, read 37,132,711 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
I'm just a few miles from the Ambassador Bridge and have seen first-hand the Canadian license plates in our area hospital parking lots.
Yeah right....Lacking a national health care system of their own, thousands of Americans are tapping into Canada's -- illegally.

A report prepared for Ontario's Health Minister indicated that from August 1992 to February 1993, 60,000 medical claims had been made on behalf of patients who held American drivers' licenses. The total number of improper claims in Ontario was estimated at 600,000. Americans Filching Free Health Care in Canada - New York Times This thievery continues today....

The Koch brothers lie about Canadian healthcare | The Real Story
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2013, 12:29 AM

15,080 posts, read 14,321,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
I'm just a few miles from the Ambassador Bridge and have seen first-hand the Canadian license plates in our area hospital parking lots.

On our local channel nine (a Canadian station), they are always bitching about delayed treatments and waiting lists.

Then they go right back to bragging about how much better their system is than ours.

We obviously have some problems with our system since some people are uninsured and the upcoming Obamacare train wreck will only make things worse (as planned), but I would still rather get sick in America than anywhere else in the world.

Cancer Survival Rates Vary by Country
That's because some people just don't feel like waiting for treatment for non life-threatening conditions
like cataracts. They'd rather pay thousands of dollars for an elective surgery and have it done RIGHT NOW than wait a bit.
The total number of Canadians who go to the US specifically for medical care is less than one percent.

Old 09-03-2013, 12:31 AM

3,040 posts, read 2,578,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Perhaps your country wastes too much money on things like the military?
Quote:
Living in a smaller area, I would think that would help make it more efficient.
Quote:
I just told you what my monthly premiums are.

By the way, the cost per person for healthcare in the US is $8,233, compared to $4,345 in Canada...I have no idea why your country couldn't do it even cheaper than Canada considering your population is 10 times what ours is.
Sorry I meant deductibles, not premiums..

Already told you. We have too many people going in getting free and subsidized healthcare that aren't contributing back into the system.
This pushes the cost of healthcare up, for those who have it. The hospitals still need to be paid for those unpaid services.

Old 09-03-2013, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Once you turn payment for healthcare over to the government, you turn control

of healthcare over to the government. I don't want President Obama
making my
healthcare decisions. He can make his own healthcare
decisions, and I'll make
mine. There's no "ridiculous claim"
there. It's self evident. If your only
way of obtaining
healthcare is by petitioning the government to pay for it, then
you have
lost all control over your own healthcare decisions. One would think

the liberals, most of whom are rabidly in the "my body, my choice" camp,
could
understand that simple fact.
I don't want insurance companies making my healthcare decisions. Been there, done that in the US, and frankly, it blows.

Old 09-03-2013, 12:35 AM

2,158 posts, read 1,993,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
I don't want insurance companies making my healthcare decisions. Been there, done that in the US, and frankly, it blows.
Yet, when the government makes those decisions, it's okay?

Old 09-03-2013, 12:36 AM

Quote:
And you think the govt will do better??
Our govt couldn't turn a profit from a brothel.

Old 09-03-2013, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton360 View Post
Yet, when the government makes those decisions, it's okay?
I've experienced healthcare in both countries. I worked as a nurse in both countries. I prefer Canada's system. I find it far more fair and far more humane.

Old 09-03-2013, 12:39 AM

2,158 posts, read 1,993,910 times
Quote:
I've experienced healthcare in both countries. I worked as a nurse in both countries. I prefer Canada's system. I find it far more fair and far more humane.
That's your opinion and you're entitled to it.

Quote:
And you are free to go live there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean71 View Post
And you think the govt will do better??
Our govt couldn't turn a profit from a brothel.
Profit? Our healthcare isn't for-profit. That's your problem, right there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies